Hi,
    I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 OTB that works perfectly.
    However, oone thing I noticed is that when I tried to pair my iphone with my macbook for the first time, the macbook saw the phone as "Mikey's iphone"
    I have absolutely no idea how that happened.
    When I set it up , I called it Griff's iphone, and that's what it says when I dock it to the macbook.
    However, when I look in the bout screen in settings, I see it say's Mikey's iphone.
    How the hell did that happen ?
    Anyone know how on earth I get it to say Griff's ?
    Please Help.
    Griff
    2008-03-19 01:47 PM
    i have the exact same thing, i thought it was weird too...i get mickey's iphone aswell....bluetooth is also messed up
    2008-03-21 10:09 AM
    I had the same problem. Sync to itunes. Double click the name of your iphone in the left pane to rename, rename it something else and hit enter. After it syncs rename it back to what you wanted. After it syncs again, all will be good. Even though it appears correct in itunes it doesnt on the phone. This will fix it. You can go to settings/general/about, and it should show the name at the top just above network.

Don't know on the bluetooth. Searching for a cure myself.

I have discovered some things about the bluetooth. I thought it wasn't working, but it actually is. I can pair with my motorolla headset consistantly with no problem. I did pair with my wifes iphone once, but haven't been able to do it again. There's no need to really since you can't bluetooth files or anything, but I thought the phones would see each other. When they didn't I assumed the bluetooth wasn't working on either. Both will pair and unpair with the headset. Hopefully this will shed some light for others that may think their bluetooth isn't working, when in fact it is.
    Last edited by Xtremespeed17; 2008-04-03 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-03 04:30 AM
    I have the same problem and I figured WHY. Not just how to fix it.

You most likely installed the "YouTube Activator 1.1.x". This package was created by "SpikeyMikey303" aka Mikey. The Activator was packaged with some of Mikey's personal settings including the hostname "Mikey's iPhone". You can fix this by right clicking on the device in iTunes and renaming it back to whatever it was.
    2008-04-25 04:22 AM
    The "Mikey's iPhone" is set in the file "data_ark.plist" located in ~/Private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/

Code:
    <key>-DeviceName</key>
    <string>Mikey's iPhone</string>
    I'm not certain, but considering there is a "Lockdown_bak" folder in my library as well, could it be from ZiPhone? Wonder how I set it back...

Seems though, that iTunes reads info from the "Lockdown_bak" folder. This resulting in iTunes stating the name to be "iPod", and iPod about says "Mike's iPhone". Weirdest thing though 'cause I named it "iVan"...

Should I try and change the .plist via SSH, or is that too much of a minefield? Anyone?

Regards.
    Ivan, the determined noob.

I pondered with this some more. Changeing the iPod name in iTunes, just like you said kenmac, seems to do the trick. Now the "Lockdown_bak" is disregarded AFAIK.

I assumed, and I was wrong. Thanks again kenmac!
    Last edited by kiernan; 2008-04-28 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-28 10:01 PM
    changed mikeys to want i want in both lock down files. it takes but when i try to connect via putty it still says mikeys iphone?>? i guess i will never clear it out. a restore is outta the question for now cause i can deal with it. not worth the hassle to bring phone back to current state vs the restore. any other suggestions?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040
    2008-04-29 01:16 AM
    changed mikeys to want i want in both lock down files.
    Interresting! Did you try setting the name in iTunes?

I am quite baffled by the anatomy of this. Can it be so, that the name is stored several places? A bluetooth name, an about name and perhaps one for iTunes? What good should it do?
    2008-04-29 10:49 AM
    I'm having the same issue. everythign is correct in iTunes and my "data_ark.plist" is correct. what can i do to correct this?
    2008-05-12 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD