I have a great windows program - Connectify - that can share an internet connection. Connectify allows me to choose any source (2.4GHz, 5GHz, VPN, ethernet) and relay with DHCP to any output. It's fantastic because I can log onto any 2.4GHz wifi, connect to VPN, and then route that connection to my other devices over WPA2 5GHz. It's particularly useful when traveling to China, where operating over VPN encrypts data and allows access to government-blocked content. It's easy to setup an encrypted and safe subnet anywhere in the world for email, google drive, etc.

Instead of carrying around a laptop, is there an iOS or Android utility that performs the same function?

- Allows selection of any source signal (2.4GHz, 5GHz, VPN, ethernet, etc.)
    - Allows selection of any retransmit output (2.4GHz, 5GHz, bluetooth, ethernet, etc.)
    - Allows specific selection of using 2.4GHz or 5GHz radios for source and retransmit

I tried MyWi, which is primarily for iOS for 3G tethering (but it has routing functions), and found it problematic. The three-day trial period expired before I was able to learn the tricks to make it work, which left impression of being tricky, unreliable, and disappointing.
    2014-10-28 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD