User Tag List

I have been using Ultra Widget 6+ and Weather Widget2 for as long as they have been available... but for the last few days, Ultra Widget's weather just sits and spins, unable to find the location.

Anyone else having this problem, or have any idea as to the cause and/or the fix? Thanks.
    2016-01-24 09:48 PM
    Yes, the location feed in WW2 has been discontinued from Yahoo. We are currently working on evaluating the best source for a new feed.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2016-01-26 12:45 AM
    Yes, the location feed in WW2 has been discontinued from Yahoo. We are currently working on evaluating the best source for a new feed.
    Reports of its demise may be a bit premature lol. Seems it is working again now.
    2016-01-26 12:53 AM
    Reports of its demise may be a bit premature lol. Seems it is working again now.
    not for me
    2016-01-26 01:45 AM
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one, and that there are plans for a fix. I searched everywhere, and could find NO one asking or posting. Thanks for stepping up.
    2016-01-26 01:45 AM
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one, and that there are plans for a fix. I searched everywhere, and could find NO one asking or posting. Thanks for stepping up.
    It's been pretty much the only conversation going on in uniaw thread last few days: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-6-th...ml#post7348798
    2016-01-26 01:56 AM
    It's been pretty much the only conversation going on in uniaw thread last few days: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-6-th...ml#post7348798
    Not exactly sure how I would have found that. Thanks.
    2016-01-26 02:16 AM
    Not exactly sure how I would have found that. Thanks.
    Not a prob, that's usually the most active thread regarding widgets on MMi, even widgets that aren't uniaw. The widget weather thread is here too: http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/8...proved-67.html
    2016-01-26 02:20 AM
    Thanks, King_O_Hill for updating WW2. However, after loading it, the UltraWidget 6+ still doesn't work... just keeps spinning and seeking. Any thoughts?
    2016-02-04 05:19 AM
    Check a in your Documents with iFile and see if you have 2 files, MyLocation.txt & WidgetWeather.xml. Open them and make sure there is data in them. If these files are there and look good, then that widget must also be using the yahoo feed that is no gone forever. This widget would have to be recoded. To use WW2.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2016-02-04 11:31 AM
    Check a in your Documents with iFile and see if you have 2 files, MyLocation.txt & WidgetWeather.xml. Open them and make sure there is data in them. If these files are there and look good, then that widget must also be using the yahoo feed that is no gone forever. This widget would have to be recoded. To use WW2.
    Thanks. Checked, and I have both files, with data in them. Also, I installed LockHTML4, and have 02_WidgetWeather_Base running, and it finds the location fine. So, I presume then that UltraWidget, UltraWidget6, and UltraWidget6+ all need to be re-coded. UltraWidget6+ will work fine if I tell it the location. But, if I set it to find the location with GPS, it fails.
    2016-02-05 05:01 AM
    Thanks. Checked, and I have both files, with data in them. Also, I installed LockHTML4, and have 02_WidgetWeather_Base running, and it finds the location fine. So, I presume then that UltraWidget, UltraWidget6, and UltraWidget6+ all need to be re-coded. UltraWidget6+ will work fine if I tell it the location. But, if I set it to find the location with GPS, it fails.
    Exactly. Those older widgets rely on the old Yahoo feed that went down a month ago. So those widgets are dead until a recode. Wish I had better news.
    2016-02-05 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD