User Tag List

Hello. I installed ziphone 2.6b on my mac and ran it successfully on my iphone. I downloaded the emulators on my phone but it says that I need to add ROMs to get the games. could anyone please let me know how that can be done? I would really really appreciate it.

thanks,

Keith
    2008-03-26 03:40 AM
    How to SFTP NES ROMs

1.. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5 var/mobile/media/ROMs/NES , You may need to create the ROMs and/or NES folders. This is the directory you'll place your NES ROMs.

No links to warez
    2008-03-26 03:42 AM
    Ok you lost me at step 4. I just downloaded and opened fugu on a mac. I have no idea where to go from here. I can send you a screen shot if you give me your address... are you on AIM? It would be a big help... thanks,

Keith
    2008-03-26 04:20 AM
    In your FTP client (Fugu) you will have to enter a few settings. This includes the IP Address of your IPHONE. When its on WIFI (and it has to be), you can go under Settings - Wifi - whatever network your on, and it will show you the IP Address. Enter that, then use the logon in the above thread to "login" to your iphone. It must also be plugged into the computer. Thats it.

Once logged in, it will show you the file system of the phone and you can drag/drop files where you want them.
    2008-03-26 04:34 AM
    its easier to install afp on your phone if you have a mac. connect via your ip from "connect to server..." menu.

navigate to var/mobile/Media

create a directory called: ROMs
    inside that directory make a directory called NES or SNES or GBA or GENESIS depending on the emulator you're using. Place the roms in these folders.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-03-26 04:35 AM
    ok, i have transmit opened and i placed my ip address where it says server. It also asks for User name, password, initial path, port, and protocol. I have no idea what to put in those spots so i left them blank. I tried to connect but it said "permission denied".
    2008-03-26 04:54 AM
    For Transmit
    Server =Your iPhone's IP address
    User Name = root
    Password = alpine
    Port = 22
    Protocol = SFTP
    2008-03-26 05:04 AM
    I didn't want to create a new thread for this topic so I will post here:
    I have done the above and copied my roms to the correct location
    var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GENESIS
    Prior to this I would get a message stating that I needed to copy roms so I no it at least kind of worked. After doing so when I open the Genesis App I get a blank window at the bottom says ALL GAMES and a settings button
    There is a link for ALL GAMES, Saved Games, Bookmarks and Most Recent but all are blank. Any idea what I have done incorrectly?

D'OH! All of my roms are .7z files..lol
    OK So after unzipping do I need to copy all 3 files for each game?
    Arch Rivals[!].gen, Arch Rivals[b1].gen, Arch Rivals[h1C].gen
    Last edited by groundskeeperwilly; 2008-04-08 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-08 10:49 PM
    I didn't want to create a new thread for this topic so I will post here:
    I have done the above and copied my roms to the correct location
    var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GENESIS
    Prior to this I would get a message stating that I needed to copy roms so I no it at least kind of worked. After doing so when I open the Genesis App I get a blank window at the bottom says ALL GAMES and a settings button
    There is a link for ALL GAMES, Saved Games, Bookmarks and Most Recent but all are blank. Any idea what I have done incorrectly?

D'OH! All of my roms are .7z files..lol
    OK So after unzipping do I need to copy all 3 files for each game?
    Arch Rivals[!].gen, Arch Rivals[b1].gen, Arch Rivals[h1C].gen
    You are looking at three versions (hacks) of the same game. The rom file is ONLY 1 file.
    2008-04-09 12:37 AM
    hello to anyone that could help...When i go to my NES on the phone the games wont show up. i know i did something correct because the error saying you do not have any ROMs doesnt appear. i get the " Welcome to NES app.!

My problem is that none of the games i put in show up on my list.

Can anyone help?
    2008-04-09 02:49 AM
    You are looking at three versions (hacks) of the same game. The rom file is ONLY 1 file.
    Thanks..I figured it out after a while. I jumped the gun
    2008-04-09 05:54 PM
    hello to anyone that could help...When i go to my NES on the phone the games wont show up. i know i did something correct because the error saying you do not have any ROMs doesnt appear. i get the " Welcome to NES app.!

My problem is that none of the games i put in show up on my list.

Can anyone help?
    not sure for genesis but on nes it should be (title).nes if not change it, i had that problem with gba.
    if this post help click the thanks
    2008-04-09 05:59 PM
    edit Broomhead no warez
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-09-09 at 06:21 PM.
    2008-09-09 06:10 PM
    I put all the roms for nes on my phone but when I open the emulator it does not list my games. How come??? anyone?
    2008-10-08 02:07 AM
    Then you're not in the correct folder. Usually it is because you did not properly follow the instructions and use CAPS in the right spots creating the folder.
    2008-10-08 03:18 AM
    I'm using transit and did everything you guys said but it tells me connection refused every time heeelppp
    2013-12-31 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD