I noticed this the other day and thought it was a problem with Caterpillar so I ended up uninstalling that and thought I was good to go... however, it just happened again so I thought I'd see if anyone knew what was up.

Occasionally when I get a text message (while my phone is asleep), when I go to unlock my phone to respond, the spinning wheel pops up... waits a couple seconds... then restarts springboard so that the unlock screen pops up once again. No, this isn't a huge deal as it only adds another 5 seconds or so to my unlock... but it's obviously not right and I'd like to be able to fix it if possible.

Anyone have any ideas besides restoring?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2008-03-26 07:25 PM
    a quick update: i have a feeling that caterpillar is the problem. after uninstalling it, i think some elements of it are still installed. i noticed last night that my text messages are still re-vibrating every two minutes. so... my new question, is how do you completely uninstall caterpillar? i thought i had all of the options turned off before uninstalling it but obvious that is not the case.

my phone is still restarting springboard on occasion... and it's not just when i get a text message. it's just randomly when i try to unlock my phone.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2008-03-27 07:30 PM
    hello im too having the exact same problem now as well and id be really greatful if u had any current information on how to fix this problem

thanks alot
    2008-06-23 06:36 PM
    I also just started having this problem, but have had Kate (caterpillar) for a while and this never happened. I paid for it so it aint getting uninstalled lol.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.
    2008-06-25 06:43 PM
    Do you use PYSL? I would get random resprings when I used this program. If not then maybe a list of your currently installed apps would help us figure out what the cause is.
    2008-06-25 06:46 PM
    No sir! um As this just started happening today, Maybe its a problem from last night in which I updated a few apps which were, Kate (caterpillar) and screwcommon. I have iBlacklist installed but never used it since it first came out and I dont have it activated, I'll uninstall that and a few other things that might be in connection and see what happens.

Extra apps are
    installer
    summerboard
    bosstool
    lexitron
    terminal
    izoo
    stumbler
    nes
    sendpics
    tris
    vwallpaper
    mxtube
    parkinglot
    showtime
    painist
    wetool
    zipcodes
    fontswap
    killboard
    vnotes
    ringtones
    solitaire
    pool
    imemory
    wedict
    millionaire
    kate
    raginthunder
    customize
    iblacklist
    flashlight
    books
    sketches
    tunewiki
    pockettouch
    videorecorder

Alot of these will be removed in a few ill update when i do.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.
    2008-06-25 07:46 PM
    First, vWallpaper is still a little unstable and caused re-spring issues on my phone before. Second, the fact that you have summerboard, customize, kate, and vWallpaper all telling your phone what to do at the same time causes re-springs also. I use customize and summerboard (used to use kate & vWallpaper, but never again) and I have not had a single issue since. Finally, FontSwap was never a stable app and I don't think it's available anymore because of that fact.
    2008-06-25 07:53 PM
    Good advice, ill be removing them 2day especially wallpaper and customize because I NEVER use them anyway, dont even know y I was wasting space by keeping them. Thanx for ur help and Ill be sure to let u know the outcome. *hits thanx button*
    2008-06-25 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD