when i create or download a song to play, they do not save in the "downloaded tracks" section for offline use.
    is there a way to access and download whatever .tap file i want on my mac, then manually drop it into the application folder in the appropriate place on my phone so it can appear everytime i play tap tap? thanks!
    2007-10-08 07:58 AM
    Yeah im sure many people want to know this aswell as me... does somebody know the answer? lol
    2007-10-17 06:58 AM
    somebody know how?
    2007-11-29 04:02 AM
    I've done it!!

Here's how you play music that you've created beats to:

1) Create the Beat in TTR
    2) SCP into your iPhone and navigate to: /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Taps/iTunes/
    2A) Notice that there are at least one directories, that'll be the artist, go into it.
    2B) Go into the song folder as well
    3) Copy over the file it will be in this format: your_username.xxxxxxxx.tap (where the 'x's are a bunch of numbers
    4) Rename the file to Artist - Song.tap (replace those with specifics).
    5) Copy the .tap file back over to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Taps

Now the tricky part:

6) Copy the MP3, or whatever the audio file is to /private/var/root/Media/TTR/Music/

That's it, go into TTR, and you'll see the beat that you have just created.

This, for now is what I've got. I just figured this out maybe 5 minutes ago.

In the next revision of this, it will hopefully be a hack that will link to the music folders and hopefully TTR will see it... I'm not sure yet on this. Maybe some help from someone who knows more about this app would be cool
    2007-11-29 10:58 AM
    Can we add a 'logical link' between the TTR/music folder and the iTunes music folder?

Just like the adding more space to the applications folder....
    2007-12-10 04:42 AM
    WOW. thank you "Imahottguy". That really worked out for me. Now I have my tracks in the downloaded section. One thing tho...when i add it in i see the name of the song but (REC) is added at the end of it. When i clicked it i had to redo the whole song, i dont kno what happened to my last recording. So thanks for the steps anyway, really helped me out.

All you really have to do is use WinSCP and iTunes. DO NOT CREATE BEATS AND THEN SEARCH FOR IT. You will just have to record over it when you're done. Just drag and drop your song from itunes into var/root/Media/TTR/Music. Then turn on your itouch/phone and go into TTR. You'll see it under the downloaded section now with (rec) at the end of songs to create the beats. Click on it, create the beats and when you go back to the downloaded section it should be playable without wifi in the downloaded section.
    Last edited by gangster_licious; 2008-01-05 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-05 05:42 AM
    GREAT TRICK! i "thanked" you
    2008-01-05 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD