Help!!! I just got bosspref like 4 minutes ago and I was playing with it. It said ADC icons and I didn't know what that meant so since the instructions said tap to add I tapped them all. Now I removed all my apps the only reason I can go online is cuz I added google go my wall. I can't access my phone, iPod, or the installer because the icons are all removed.

WHAT DO I DO?!?!? HELP!!!
    2008-03-28 07:10 PM
    BossPrefs does not remove/hide icons once added to its icon bar, you have to use poof for this and bossprefs only displays the icons. So how did you remove/hide all your apps?
    Last edited by t3abags; 2008-03-28 at 08:15 PM.
    8gb 2G iPhone 2.1 (Pwned)

2008-03-28 08:06 PM
    I don't know i went into bosspref and somewhere it said tap to add icons so I tapped them all now theyre all gone
    2008-03-28 08:40 PM
    can you ssh into your phone? do you have any icons on your screen other than the google link?

2008-03-28 08:43 PM
    This happened to me before. I used bosstool to move everything and next thing i know i had a blank screen. No apps nothing. The only thing that stayed was little sunburst thingy in the corner. But that to had no apps when i used it.

I had to restore my phone.

Second time around i did it the manual way. Typing the commands by hand and everything worked fine.
    2008-03-28 08:52 PM
    I am in school so I can't ssh yet. If I can where do I go? And I only have my Internet bookmarks
    2008-03-28 08:53 PM
    download poof.app unzip, then copy poof.app folder/app to the Applications folder on your iphone then restart/reboot. Then use poof to unhide your apps...

2008-03-29 09:45 AM
    Did you manage to retrieve your icons as I have had the same problem. If so what do you do? Help!!
    2008-03-29 10:02 AM
    If you are using Boss Prefs 1.57, it automatically hides the apps you add to its dock. simply enter the boss prefs app and go to icons and de-select the apps you added to bossprefs dock. You should find all the apps you added in the dock below the ssh , etc. controls. hope that helps you. I actually like what its doing, personally, it saves me space and allows me to organize all my settings and prefs and tweaking tools under the boss prefs app.! I have my smb prefs, customize, etc. in the dock of boss prefs.
    pngster
    2008-03-29 05:43 PM
    ok so i started a different thread that i posted with the same problem..the only icons i have on my phone are calendar,camera,maps,clock,itunes,calculator, playstation4all,nes,genesis4iphone,pool,halloween, navizon,photos,sketches,ifartz,dominos,and some other stuff i dowloaded..i am missing installer,sbprefs,settings,and the icon that started all this drama.. how can i fix ?
    2008-03-30 02:09 AM
    refer to post #7

2008-03-30 08:21 AM
    I have updated 1.61 making it impossible to hide the BossPrefs icon, itself. This solves the issue.

Why would you just click them all? Just add the icons that you want removed from your desktop. I suggest only settings related apps.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-03-30 10:11 AM
    i hide bossprefs with poof and my icons with bossprefs !! What i can do ??? I can ssh... Help!!!!!
    2008-05-06 05:20 AM
    I have updated 1.61 making it impossible to hide the BossPrefs icon, itself. This solves the issue.

Why would you just click them all? Just add the icons that you want removed from your desktop. I suggest only settings related apps.
    I have tried 3 times to hide all icons on my springboard (my goal is to have a totally blank screen and use secret slides and home button taps to access apps) and every time I try and hide Bossprefs my springboard tries to refresh and freezes. My only option is to restore. This is bunk.
    2009-04-03 08:12 PM
    try downloading just "poof.app" not bigboss's BossPrefs...

also, you dont reaally need to use BossPrefs anymore, he created another app that supersedes bossprefs called SBSettings.... no icon, just a swipe across the taskbar... very nice, does just about Everything bossprefs does, and much more!!
    Last edited by mrblader; 2009-04-03 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-04-03 08:48 PM
    I'll try that. I've had SBS for a while, but I though you had to have BossPref in order to run SBS. Thanks
    2009-04-03 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD