User Tag List

bunch of ******* little *******.
    And we're off!!!

5 posts...

Do I hear 6?
    2008-05-05 07:50 PM
    I second (or third or whatever) shutting down this thread - there's nothing good coming from it now. A meaningful discussion is impossible when the conversation has devolved exclusively into name-calling by drunknbass.

On purpose or not, DB has become one of those guys who wants the acclaim of achievement but is apparently lacking the skills to execute his stated goal. I genuinely feel bad for him because, from my perspective, he's a dilettante who got in WAY over his head and just doesn't know when to admit failure.

MAJOR POINTS TO CONSIDER:

1. For more than six months, he's very publicly set (and then missed) multiple deadlines.

2. One single developer left the project in January and that apparently critically injured his ability to turn out anything.

3. His girlfriend posted up on his site that she's forcing him to scale back development to spend more time with her.

4. DB references #3 as a legit reason for a lack of professional movement on his part.

5. This is how he publicly represents himself (and his product) to the largest group of potential customers he can address with one message:

bunch of ******* little *******.
    ...and finally...

6. DreamCatcher turned out the IPVR without ANY of this drama

Don't these actions absolutely REEK of someone who bit off a lot more than could chew? There is a complete lack of professionalism on DB's part that is unrivaled among the dozens of devs I've encountered since last June. I don't think he's a jerk or an a-hole or a donation-thief or anything heavy like that.

I think he simply has absolutely no idea what he's doing.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2008-05-05 at 08:33 PM.
    2008-05-05 08:23 PM
    I second (or third or whatever) shutting down this thread - there's nothing good coming from it now. A meaningful discussion is impossible when the conversation has devolved exclusively into name-calling by drunknbass.

On purpose or not, DB has become one of those guys who wants the acclaim of achievement but is apparently lacking the skills to execute his stated goal. I genuinely feel bad for him because, from my perspective, he's a dilettante who got in WAY over his head and just doesn't know when to admit failure.

MAJOR POINTS TO CONSIDER:

1. For more than six months, he's very publicly set (and then missed) multiple deadlines.

2. One single developer left the project in January and that apparently critically injured his ability to turn out anything.

3. His girlfriend posted up on his site that she's forcing him to scale back development to spend more time with her.

4. DB references #3 as a legit reason for a lack of professional movement on his part.

5. This is how he publicly represents himself (and his product) to the largest group of potential customers he can address with one message:

...and finally...

6. DreamCatcher turned out the IPVR without ANY of this drama

Don't these actions absolutely REEK of someone who bit off a lot more than could chew? There is a complete lack of professionalism on DB's part that is unrivaled among the dozens of devs I've encountered since last June. I don't think he's a jerk or an a-hole or a donation-thief or anything heavy like that.

I think he simply has absolutely no idea what he's doing.
    you act like im trying to sell something to a "customer" wtf. you do realize that the people who read this post dont even crack into the % of people who would dl the final app in the appstore right?

and there were 3 people that were originally helping the app, but that was along time ago. and has nothing to do with it not being done now.. it did cause a slight setback but the project has steered itself in other directions since then. the only thing that makes me work on the app is ME wanting to finish it for myself, because it was a hobby and something i wanted to see evolve. the more i read people talk **** and try and jump to all these conclusions, including yourself, makes me not care to even finish it. Bit off more than i can chew? this is a program for a phone.. some people take this wayyy to seriously. it is a hobby side project that was turning into something else, but that is for me to know not you and anyone else, and you all have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

stop jumping to conclusions and running your mouths. its stupid.
    and if you havent figured it out. I DONT CARE IF I HURT YOUR FEELINGS! IM NOT SOMEONE WHO YOU CAN WALK ON AND TALK **** TO. Learn some respect and grow up children.
    2008-05-05 08:34 PM
    I DONT CARE IF I HURT YOUR FEELINGS! IM NOT SOMEONE WHO YOU CAN WALK ON AND TALK **** TO.
    Beautiful example of your professionalism. The level of conversation is now equal to that in a pub five minutes before closing. Your second sentence is an actual threat, right?

Learn some respect and grow up children.
    "Respect" what, exactly?

You need to "put on your listening ears", DB. Because you're the only one not hearing a chorus of legitimate complaints about your behavior and conduct across the iPhone community. Delusion apparently has you thinking you're the only "right" voice.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2008-05-05 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Tight
    2008-05-05 08:49 PM
    respect the people who makes apps you you for free, or host repos, or make themes, or anything else that people do just for the fun of it.

everyone demanding stuff and badmouthing me really come off as a bunch of spoiled little kids who hold their hand out and expect mommy to put a treat in it so they dont have to hear the kid whine and cry.
    2008-05-05 09:02 PM
    respect the people who makes apps you you for free, or host repos, or make themes, or anything else that people do just for the fun of it.
    But you don't belong to any of the above groups...not much of a point in your favor there, I'm afraid.

...spoiled little kids who hold their hand out and expect mommy to put a treat in it so they dont have to hear the kid whine and cry.
    Wow. Just...Wow. Your obtuse sense for dealing with the buying public is simply astonishing.
    2008-05-05 09:10 PM
    And with that, we close.
    2008-05-05 09:17 PM
67 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD