Hi

Everyone has the right to expose your own way of thinking.
    Mine, as the developer of this program, is it is enough for most people.
    Yes, it's free to try and use for them, since the big majority want's to block one or other number at a given time, and those restrict numbers that insist to call you unidentified.
    This app does the job.
    But, I'm considering your advice words, and might change some things based on them.

Thank you
    2008-04-24 12:28 AM
    This app seems to be working nicely, however now if the phone needs to be restarted, it takes about 3-4 minutes for the slide to unlock screen lets you unlock...it remains frozen until then. I think this is what most people are experiencing when they describe freezing.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
    2008-04-24 01:09 AM
    Hi mcdj

Yes, we have some users experiencing this problem. Not everyone, but some of them.
    We detected this problem and did an online test with some of our beta testers experiencing this odd behavior.
    I could manage to remove this bug, and it will be released today as 1.8 version. Nothing new, just to fix some bugs.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi Mates

Version 1.8 up now on http://repo.iphonebrasil.org
    Bug fixes for the touch screen, removed dependency of BSD and other minor problems.
    Italian language added !!!
    Thanks to all italians for the support. You are great !
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-04-24 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-24 04:49 AM
    i just installed 1.8 and my phone won't boot, hangs at the apple logo
    2008-04-24 06:29 AM
    So I tried 1.8. Installed it, restarted, uninstalled it, restarted, installed it, restarted.
    Everything APPEARS to be in working order now. I am able to successfully restart the phone whether it be in the lock screen or home screen, with iBlacklist enabled. This was the problem before. Whenever I tried to restart the phone with iBlacklist enabled, it would freeze after the restart. The only thing I notice now is whenever I turn the phone on it does weird stuff. Sometimes right before it goes to home screen when turning on, it will like make the Apple logo flicker on and off.
    Or sometimes makes distorted line colors right before showing the home screen.
    If this is all I have to deal with to get everything working, I am willing to deal with it.

I will do more indepth testing as I get to play with it more. But so far everything seems good on 1 phone that previously did have problems. Good work.
    If everything is good, I will gladly pay $8 for the program.

Thanks

i just installed 1.8 and my phone won't boot, hangs at the apple logo
    Mine did this as well.. Hold down the power+home button till it restarts. Should boot up. If not try it again. Once you do boot up. Uninstall the program, restart. Install the program, restart, then should be good.
    Last edited by annual; 2008-04-24 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-24 06:32 AM
    Mine did this as well.. Hold down the power+home button till it restarts. Should boot up. If not try it again. Once you do boot up. Uninstall the program, restart. Install the program, restart, then should be good.
    no luck so far, can't get past the apple logo on multiple restarts

edit: seem to have it working now after restoring, re-jailbreaking, and installing iblacklist before anything else.
    Last edited by chris3g; 2008-04-24 at 07:24 AM.
    2008-04-24 06:38 AM
    Hi mcdj

Yes, we have some users experiencing this problem. Not everyone, but some of them.
    We detected this problem and did an online test with some of our beta testers experiencing this odd behavior.
    I could manage to remove this bug, and it will be released today as 1.8 version. Nothing new, just to fix some bugs.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi Mates

Version 1.8 up now on http://repo.iphonebrasil.org
    Bug fixes for the touch screen, removed dependency of BSD and other minor problems.
    Italian language added !!!
    Thanks to all italians for the support. You are great !

Hi spektro,
    very nice the 1.8 release and its new graphic!
    I noticed that in white list mode, with Call Settings set to RESTRICT NUMBER ON and UNKNOWN NUMBER OFF, when a number in your phonebook is calling you it is blocked (and it is ok) but in Call History you can find only the number without the relative phonebook name! I'm going to think that Call History shows ONLY the NAME of the numbers added to the blacklist....
    Can you confirm that? Are you planning to improve Call History view also with phonebook names?
    Thank you
    FAK
    Last edited by FAK; 2008-04-24 at 04:58 PM.
    2008-04-24 04:19 PM
    just a suggestion - the ability to set the blacklist action by number and not just a global setting. I love the feature to be able to give a caller a busy signal and prevent a voicemail, but there are some numbers (and unavailable and restricted calls) that i want to be able to leave me a voicemail.
    2008-04-24 04:47 PM
    For people who have not quite clear how set "Settings Calls" I built a table with the various options...you can find it at:

http://www.unsaluto.com/iBlacklist.jpg

I hope to be helpful with this!

Bye
    FAK
    2008-04-24 05:43 PM
    Hi FAK

This indeed should be like that because our programming. In whitelist mode, it won't check phonebook everytime a call enters just to search the name wich can be possibly related to that number.

chris3g

Indeed, we still working on this software and we are preparing many features for the next release. This 1.8 version basically came in a hurry to fix some bugs we had been reported. So on 1.9 on the way, we will add this feature on that. But, modify the DB on the fly can be dangerous and i think the best way will be overwrite it. On the other hand, when the DB is overwritten, the registered user will need to type it's activation code again. But changes in DB will be inevitable for this feature.
    Also, other new things will come along with 1.9, like the outgoing part.
    As described in the package information of iBlacklist on installer, it currently perform the block/hide action only in INCOMING events (calls and sms's). We are working on that now.

Thank you mates for the support, suggestions and bug reports !!!
    2008-04-24 06:30 PM
    For people who have not quite clear how set "Settings Calls" I built a table with the various options...you can find it at:

http://www.unsaluto.com/iBlacklist.jpg

I hope to be helpful with this!

Bye
    FAK
    i was thinking "restrict number" was for those numbers that come up on the phone as "restricted caller" and "unknown number" was for those that come up as "unknown caller", and setting either option to on or off would either block or allow the respective type of call. Is that not the case?
    2008-04-24 06:46 PM
    if a new version is out and I have a paid register version why why I not asked to update?

forget it I just got the update notification! sorry
    2008-04-24 07:20 PM
    The new update fixes the slow startup. Good work.

I set my blacklist to one number, 000-000-0000, and set it to give a busy signal. Today I got a voicemail notification from 000-000-0000!
    2008-04-24 09:11 PM
    Let's make things clear:

Unknown Number ON: performs a phonebook check, so calls or sms's from numbers wich are in phonebook are accepted.

Restrict Number ON: performs call block if the number can't be identified, eg, it's a hidden ID number (restricted).

The new update fixes the slow startup. Good work.

I set my blacklist to one number, 000-000-0000, and set it to give a busy signal. Today I got a voicemail notification from 000-000-0000!
    In this case, i see one possibility. The call didn't reach you iPhone, so it didn't effectively sent a busy signal to that number. It can happen. Is like the carrier was so busy it could not find your phone, and then it redirects the caller to your voicemail.
    Try to turn iphone off and call it. I think you shall be redirected to voicemail.
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-04-24 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-24 09:26 PM

In this case, i see one possibility. The call didn't reach you iPhone, so it didn't effectively sent a busy signal to that number. It can happen. Is like the carrier was so busy it could not find your phone, and then it redirects the caller to your voicemail.
    Try to turn iphone off and call it. I think you shall be redirected to voicemail.
    Ah, makes sense. I am in a building that has spotty reception. Thanks!
    2008-04-24 09:41 PM
    sent sms's don't show up either sweet i will be donating thank you
    if this post help click the thanks
    2008-04-25 01:09 PM
    Sorry mate, must have a mistake in your test. iBlacklist 1.8 still do not perform any actions in outgoing SMS's and calls. Actually we are working on this and other new features right now.
    Thank you all
    2008-04-25 02:55 PM
    The new update is great, no more crashing. This program works even better with HidePod so you can DOUBLE password protect your privacy and hide iBlacklist inside HidePod. No one will know my secrets :-)
    2008-04-25 03:06 PM
    nice discussion guys..
    2008-04-25 03:48 PM
    great software ... i really wanna get the full version but paypal wont accept the payment

i added spektro to my msn hoping to donate for this great app by u guys
    2008-04-25 03:54 PM
385 ... 3456715 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD