Immediate release: 15-Oct-2007

iSwitcher v1.60 (app ID is now com.googlecode.iSwitcher)

Downloads / Installs:

PXL package w/15 (redesigned) themes: LINK HERE

Installer update, just an EDGE version this time: available now. Along with updates to all four EDGE themepaks.

Developer Notes

Speed difference with 1.1.1 - WOW! iSwitcher installs a moddest iPhone (two full panels of apps) in less than 10 seconds! This isn't my doing, it's all 1.1.1.

HOWEVER If you are running the new SummerBoard alpha, then expect themes to install in about 20 to 25 seconds, yeah... SummerBoard alpha is kind of a resource hog... I'm sure that will improve as we get closer to a beta release and then the final 1.1.1 version.

Both the 1.57 patch and 1.60 should work just fine on an iPod Touch as we now install all the "iPod" icons as well as the address book.

Edit: fixed an error in one of the theme names If you don't have 1.60a.pxl, please download the update OR just rename the 1984.thm folder. It would seem a bit of dyslexia slipped in as it was named 1894.thm!
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-16 at 12:09 AM.
    2007-10-15 07:09 PM
    well greg im finally gonna try your app when i get home from work
    2007-10-15 07:37 PM
    awesome man
     Think Different
    2007-10-15 07:49 PM
    Cool, a Wifi Update is coming to installer I guess also? I'll wait for that instead of grabbing everything seperate. Great work, I love this app!
    2007-10-16 04:50 AM
    cant get it to work grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    2007-10-16 04:56 AM
    Cool, a Wifi Update is coming to installer I guess also? I'll wait for that instead of grabbing everything seperate. Great work, I love this app!
    Sorry... you'll have to grab the EDGE versions... no WiFi 1.60. The full pxl package is nearly 11MB (same size for WiFi version) and even that is too big for Installer.
    2007-10-16 07:39 AM
    Is this also working for 1.0.2???
    Thx,

Ger
    2007-10-16 01:05 PM
    How did I miss this until now! I'd been wondering what had happened, I heard you mention an pre-released 1.6.0 a while ago.
    2007-10-16 01:16 PM
    Is this also working for 1.0.2???
    Thx,

Ger
    Yes, all versions work with 1.0.2, versions 1.57 and 1.60 were revised to deal with the new icons and DisplayOrder.plist on the new 1.1.1 firmware.
    2007-10-16 01:58 PM
    hmm...it won't let iSwitcher change the icons. it changed the dock and background just fine. i also have summerboard installed, with the theme set to iswitcher and all the theme options(use theme wallpaper, icons, dock, etc) turned on. any ideas?
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
    2007-10-16 04:54 PM
    hmm...it won't let iSwitcher change the icons. it changed the dock and background just fine. i also have summerboard installed, with the theme set to iswitcher and all the theme options(use theme wallpaper, icons, dock, etc) turned on. any ideas?
    How did you install iSwitcher? pxl package or Installer app?

Edit: I just rested both the pxl package and the Installer app and seems to work just fine. Sorry...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-16 at 05:35 PM.
    2007-10-16 05:20 PM
    How did you install iSwitcher? pxl package or Installer app?

Edit: I just rested both the pxl package and the Installer app and seems to work just fine. Sorry...
    i figured it out. i had them named wrong. did the naming convention change for the new 1.1.1 version? i thought in previous versions the phone icon was Phone.png instead of MobilePhone.png...or am i just crazy?

it's entirely possible that i am

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
    2007-10-16 06:15 PM
    i figured it out. i had them named wrong. did the naming convention change for the new 1.1.1 version? i thought in previous versions the phone icon was Phone.png instead of MobilePhone.png...or am i just crazy?

it's entirely possible that i am
    NO, my naming convention has never changed. The icons, except for some special ones are named exactly the same as the application folder. So MobilePhone for phone, MobileMail for mail, etc.

The three new special ones are:
    icon-AudioPlayer
    icon-VideoPlayer
    icon-MediaPlayer <- this is the file that iSwitcher installs from your MobileMusicPlayer icon

These are the icons that show up on a Touch.

PS you were thinking that iSwitcher themes were/are the same as SummerBoard themes where they reference the NSNames string file, that would be incorrect
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-16 at 07:13 PM.
    2007-10-16 07:04 PM
    alright...wow. i've completely lost my mind apparently lol.

i just looked back at a theme i made for iswitcher before the 1.1.1 upgrade and it's named that way too. temporary insanity. i'm good now. thanks lol.

Guides:
    2007-10-16 07:13 PM
    alright...wow. i've completely lost my mind apparently lol.

i just looked back at a theme i made for iswitcher before the 1.1.1 upgrade and it's named that way too. temporary insanity. i'm good now. thanks lol.
    Most excellent... that you resolved the problem that is...

Here's my modded 1.1.1 GALLERY

I'll post up the SMS, unlock-time and Ringtone hacks in a bit...
    2007-10-16 07:21 PM
    DO NOT INSTALL THIS!!!

I installed this through apptapp and then my iphone locked up I restarted and it got stuck in the boot screen so now I have to rejailbreak 111 and spend another hour getting it back to normal!!
    2007-10-16 08:10 PM
    i'm assuming you mean you used installed to install this...did you install the right version? you have to make sure you install the version for 1.1.1......i believe it's iswitcher version 1.60

i haven't had any issues with it freezing or not working or anything(well, nothing that was the program's fault lol)

Guides:
    2007-10-16 08:20 PM
    i'm assuming you mean you used installed to install this...did you install the right version? you have to make sure you install the version for 1.1.1......i believe it's iswitcher version 1.60

i haven't had any issues with it freezing or not working or anything(well, nothing that was the program's fault lol)
    Yes I did install the correct version which I why I am warning people that this application install is making me do a full restore and jailbreak to 111 again. and many griefs
    2007-10-16 08:26 PM
    Yes I did install the correct version which I why I am warning people that this application install is making me do a full restore and jailbreak to 111 again. and many griefs
    More than likely it is not iSwitcher.

Did you happen to install any other applications through Installer app along with iSwitcher?

Regardless, sorry for your trouble.

iSwitcher does not make any system level changes that would cause any phone to crash... now SummerBoard on the other hand...
    2007-10-16 08:30 PM
    Most excellent... that you resolved the problem that is...

Here's my modded 1.1.1 GALLERY

I'll post up the SMS, unlock-time and Ringtone hacks in a bit...

Ringtone hack? On 1.1.1? If so, I'm very interested...
    Last edited by ddenson; 2007-10-16 at 08:37 PM.
    2007-10-16 08:33 PM
50 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD