iRemote v0.2

If you are nowhere near your computer, and all you wanted to do is use your iphone to pause the music or fast forward to the next song. This is for you. And to make things even easier, iRemote is bundled with wkLive authentication. That means you do not need any home network, any router configuration for this to work. And no, you don't need VNC.

Instructions :
    1. Download the attached archive. Extract, you will see 2 files and one folder.
    2. Transfer the "iRemote.app" folder into your iphone, make sure you chmodded the entire thing 755.
    3. Double click iRemote.exe on your pc, make sure that msscript.ocx is on the same directory as the program.
    4. Login using your wkLive account on your pc as well as on your iphone.
    5. Remember to have itunes switched on to work. (thanks dallas)
    6. Have fun!

(thanks to modmyi for hosting wkLive, without them all these are not possible.)
    Technical :
    - iRemote does not use your local network, instead it routes your commands to the internet and back to your pc. Therefore there is a significant lag between your iphone to your pc.

Vid tutorial :
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT_b1mJaBgI"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT_b1mJaBgI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
    when i double press the iRemote icon an error pops up that says that :a script engine for the specified language can't be created... What can I do to make it work?
    2008-06-04 11:27 AM
    great avatar geft! is it possible to create vwallpapers using such avatars? anyone have a clue?
    2008-06-08 02:55 PM
    Many thanks a great app.

At first I had problems with installing the iremote.app folder on my phone - it went fine but was stuck at the iremote homepage when I pressed the icon - finally got over that by installing the version in Installer then all's well :-)
    2008-06-25 12:21 AM
    I enjoy this app. However, it's kind of annoying that you both can't minimize it, nor can trayit put it in the taskbar to let it sit.
    2008-07-05 04:01 AM
    Hi guys,

I have gotten alot of feedbacks on this app. And here are a few things pointers for people who couldn't login.

- The iphone keyboard automatically caps lock the first character of your username and password. Turn the shift off when you are typing the first character.

- Make sure you turned on the server on your computer first.

- Make sure both sides are on the internet.

- wkLive service does not guarantee a fully functional experience, as this is just one of my side projects.

I might further develop app if there is any interest. Yes, all the things like iTunes status, volume control, playlist loading is possible indeed. However I also heard that Apple is developing their own version of the remote app. So let's hope that happens on July 11 ^^
    2008-07-09 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the app; since I can't download the offical one (outside a supported country).
    2008-07-10 11:23 PM
    I'm having a problem with this app... I installed it all and such, but when I try to log on with the phone, it says username/password wrong! I signed back into the server on the computer with same username password as well as the site. I then created a second account to test it and it said the same thing about that one! how might I fix this?

Me too. anyone know a fix for this?
    2008-07-20 05:06 AM
    that a .rar file, its supposed to be an .exe so i download it but it doesnt work
    HELP ME
    2008-07-21 02:33 AM
    Me too. anyone know a fix for this?
    getting the same thing, pretty annoying... anyone with a solution? btw, how do i chmod it?
    2008-07-31 06:09 AM
    getting the same thing, pretty annoying... anyone with a solution? btw, how do i chmod it?
    As the creator has already stated, your problem is that the iPhone automatically capitalizes the first letter of your username and your password. Since your password is case-sensitive, you have to make sure you change it from an upper-case letter to a lower-case letter.

Worked for me =)
    2008-08-01 01:10 AM
    What app do you use to allow yourself to put folders onto the iPod Touch?
    2008-08-02 07:51 PM
    It doesnt let me open the file

That happened to me aswell
    Last edited by nikypiky900; 2008-08-05 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-05 03:39 PM
    i cant get what to do with the iremote.rar file
    2008-08-15 10:27 PM
    i wish they could make a newer and better version like the remote in the 2.0 FW so it has volume control and shuffling; stuff like that!!!
    2008-08-24 08:47 PM
    can u use your itouch with this app.
    2008-12-03 02:18 AM
    So There is no volume control? Besides that works great!
    2009-05-15 09:56 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD