Is it really hard to make the daemon auto-run? Maybe it's just a plist file that has to be added in the launchdaemons folder while tells the daemon to start. But I guess we'll need to know which arguments to pass to the executable.
    Last edited by beatoven; 2008-05-27 at 05:40 PM.
    2008-05-27 05:37 PM
    That's what I thought, and I tried going about doing it myself referencing other programs, but I failed to get it to work.
    2008-05-28 08:32 AM
    Hey, this is a great app.
    Just a few questions though...

My icon stays as the phone app. Is this meant to happen? Or is it because I'm using Summerboard...
    And it would be cool if the icons had my SMB theme...
    Attached Thumbnails Mobile Stacks - Reloaded-img_0001.jpg  
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-29 10:20 AM
    @MattMac: There has to be an app there, which you won't be able to launch when u r running the stacks daemon. It's best if you put the stackcontroller app itself instead of your phone app, and then add them both in the stack.
    2008-05-29 03:05 PM
    I never used to have to relaunch the stack

i recently restored my iphone, but I will re-install it on either my phone or my touch and test some more.
    2008-05-29 05:05 PM
    @MattMac: There has to be an app there, which you won't be able to launch when u r running the stacks daemon. It's best if you put the stackcontroller app itself instead of your phone app, and then add them both in the stack.
    Thanks mate. Just on other screen shots I had seen the icon looks like that off a Mac's dock... Guess people have just set the icon like that...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-29 05:55 PM
    Its a shame the maker of this left, if him and the guy making stacks v2 had teamed up then we may had seen a awesome achievement. Also Ive been playing around with this and I must say it is awesome, I love all the customization options. I just wish it automatically restarted on respring/reboot.
    2008-06-02 07:44 AM
    Its a shame the maker of this left, if him and the guy making stacks v2 had teamed up then we may had seen a awesome achievement. Also Ive been playing around with this and I must say it is awesome, I love all the customization options. I just wish it automatically restarted on respring/reboot.
    Actually the original creator is looking for help.

mobilestack - Google Code

so if anyone knows how to get in contact with the creator of this new one they should let him know or if anyones interested.

This things been in development since the iphone was first jailbroken. Im just glad to see people are still interested in keeping it going.
    2008-06-02 09:49 PM
    My stack work well on my itouch 1.1.4, but may i know how to manually make it to curved stack instead of straight stack. thanks
    2008-06-07 02:25 AM
    allnzibra: just go to the StackController settings turn 'use curved stack' to ON.

@reluttr & jimbeam4581: Like I said before, I'm pretty sure antiben went to help the original dev. I was watching both this thread and his website, and some short time after antiben stopped posting here, I saw changes on the original dev's website saying that stack v2 is under development, with info about the features.
    Last edited by beatoven; 2008-06-07 at 10:46 AM.
    2008-06-07 10:42 AM
    beatoven: my StackController totally not function on my ipod touch 1.1.4. Do u hav any idea how can I change it to curved stack in manaully? Thanks
    2008-06-08 12:05 PM
    @allnzibra: Are you using beta3? Did you set all permissions like said on the first page? If so, everything should work.
    Anyway, to do it manually, go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
    Get the file called com.googlecode.StackController.plist.
    Edit it and change the UseCurvedStack argument from 'false' to 'true'.
    2008-06-09 11:44 AM
    i konw this is a little old but..

could you or someone make a app that start the stack deamon from the springboard, so that you don't have to go into the stackpreferences every time you restart the springboard?

thanks for this great app btw
    2008-06-23 05:16 PM
    If I could get the source, I'd love to mess around with this a bit and try to get the project going again as a learning project. If anyone has it/knows where or how to get it it would be much appreciated.
    2008-06-23 09:12 PM
    its on the first page! lol

its not a source, though. its a manual download from rapidshare

when there is an icon in the dock that looks like the stacks icon for OSX that is a different stacks app altogether, from a different developer. Its a lot harder to use because you have to manually alter the plists.

BIG BUG

if you are in another app other than springboard and your phone goes to sleep, after you wake it up and try to press anything on the bottom part of the screen, it will result in launching one of the dock icons. Oddly, the ONLY app that is immune from this is vlc4iphone.

BIG BUG

if you are in another app other than springboard and your phone goes to sleep, after you wake it up and try to press anything on the bottom part of the screen, it will result in launching one of the dock icons. Oddly, the ONLY app that is immune from this is vlc4iphone.
    Last edited by desepticon; 2008-06-26 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-06-26 12:09 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD