User Tag List

Has anyone gotten the new update to work like in the picture?
    2007-11-07 04:49 AM
    Has anyone got the issue with the stack.entries not sticking?
    Everytime I load mine and restart the phone or the stack, it reverts back to the default one and overwrites the .plist

If you know of a sollution, please let me know.
    Thanks
    2007-11-07 05:17 PM
    Working great for me
    Attached Thumbnails Mobile Stacks customizable and grid view!-home.png   Mobile Stacks customizable and grid view!-stacks.png  
    2007-11-07 05:37 PM
    Can the customization be done right on the iphone or do you need to ssh from the computer? I'm guessing not on the phone, since I don't see any place of where to do that.

Thanks..

Marc

Working great for me
    2007-11-07 06:14 PM
    or just change your double click home button shortcut to go to the ipod...i got used to this really quickly and hardly touch the ipod icon anymore
    How do you go about changing the function of the double click? Can you have it launch any application?
    2007-11-07 06:37 PM
    Here's mine using Mobilestack with grid view for my speed dialers.

2007-11-07 07:02 PM
    Can the customization be done right on the iphone or do you need to ssh from the computer? I'm guessing not on the phone, since I don't see any place of where to do that.
    Actually you can customize it right on the iphone. Use mobilefinder to navigate to the file to be modified then modify and save it using mobiletextedit. i changed mine around in stats today showin it off to my friends

How do you go about changing the function of the double click? Can you have it launch any application?
    On firmware 1.1.1 Go to settings > General > Home Button

As of now you can only change it to home, phone favorites, or ipod...but im guessing either apple or a third party developer will release functions to link a home button double click to any app.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2007-11-07 09:52 PM
    Can you tell us how to actually do this on the phone? I would appreciate it.

Thanks..

Marc

Actually you can customize it right on the iphone. Use mobilefinder to navigate to the file to be modified then modify and save it using mobiletextedit. i changed mine around in stats today showin it off to my friends

On firmware 1.1.1 Go to settings > General > Home Button

As of now you can only change it to home, phone favorites, or ipod...but im guessing either apple or a third party developer will release functions to link a home button double click to any app.
    2007-11-07 10:15 PM
    Here's mine using Mobilestack with grid view for my speed dialers.

Hey how did you do that? Mind sharing? That's a very good idea, I might steal it from you :-D
    2007-11-08 01:03 AM
    I just love this project

Here's a new screenshot of the latest stack-grid action, now with a gray background (Still trying to decide whether or not I like it).

I think a good idea would be to have the icons stick as close to the dock as possible (like in leopard) rather than fly to the top of the screen, and have the grid grey background size to fit... And labels for the stacks would be sweet... But I'm sure he's working on it

By the way, for those of you who are complaining, iDemocracy 2 will have a GUI for rearranging/adding to/deleting from the stack, so don't fear

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.
    2007-11-08 04:39 AM
    hey guys you wanted to know how to mod the stack from your phone.

Like I said, use mobileFinder to navigate to the correct file and open that file with mobiletextedit. From there, just modify to your pleasing, hit save, restart your phone. And you're good to go! I would go more in depth but I'm on my phone right now and bout to go to sleep. If nobody beats me too it I'll make a tutorial with pictures sometime tommorow.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2007-11-08 04:49 AM
    I just love this project

Here's a new screenshot of the latest stack-grid action, now with a gray background (Still trying to decide whether or not I like it).

I think a good idea would be to have the icons stick as close to the dock as possible (like in leopard) rather than fly to the top of the screen, and have the grid grey background size to fit... And labels for the stacks would be sweet... But I'm sure he's working on it

By the way, for those of you who are complaining, iDemocracy 2 will have a GUI for rearranging/adding to/deleting from the stack, so don't fear
    Looking forward to it man... love the work.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-11-08 05:25 AM
    it would be great to change the color of the background from gray to something else. Is there a way to do that.?
    2007-11-08 02:13 PM
    Also can we get them icons aligned with the ones on the springboard, looks a little untidy as it is. Very nice work though.

Thanks.
    2007-11-08 06:18 PM
    Hey how did you do that? Mind sharing? That's a very good idea, I might steal it from you :-D
    I just incorporated Erica Sadun's OpenUrl application with stacks to make my speed dialers.
    2007-11-08 06:20 PM
    Can anyone suggest Win32 software that will let me set permissions without SSH as I don't have WiFi available at home?

I tried iPhucWin32 port but I cant run command line to save my life.

The reason I ask is that my com.steventroughtonsmith.stack.entries is overwritten with the default one every time I install the stack. As I'm guessing this is a permission problem but as I can't use SSH I can't fix it.
    I do have MobileFinder installed but permissions set there do not correspond to SSH permission values (or I'm I too stupid to set it correctly)

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
    2007-11-09 05:41 AM
    well this download just constantly crashes. Can someone upload their working stackcontroller.app? That would be great, thanks.
    2007-11-09 05:47 AM
    I'm curious how close the developer is to:
    1. Allowing multiple stacks
    2. Stack can be placed anywhere, springboard or dock

Also, I assume when you put an app into the stack you have to delete it from the springboard somehow? with 1.1.1 how would you do that? or, can you just use rsbt to hide the icons?
    2007-11-09 05:28 PM
    use rsbt to hide the icons it works fine..
    2007-11-09 10:06 PM
    I need help!!!!. I try to install the stack controler dragging it to the app folder, when I restarted my phone, it only displays "iPod" on the carrier, and it has the wall paper without any icons. I removed the stack controler and nothing happens. I restart, reboot, do everything but cant get the iphone to boot normally with its icons. PLEASE ELP!!!!!
    2007-11-11 03:22 PM
156 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD