This app is ****...don't waste your time.

Not even close to beta stage
    2007-11-07 07:16 AM
    This app is ****...don't waste your time.

Not even close to beta stage
    Had to reply to this because I don't know why you say this unless you had a problem with it not installing correctly.

The app works just fine and actually loads/streams radio channels faster then my computer, However the only problem right now is its stuck on Ambient. I wonder why the developer decided to stick it on that genre instead of mix or something but I am sure in the update it will have the ability to change genres.
    I look at this as a preview of what will probably become a killer app.
    2007-11-07 10:03 AM
    How is it over EDGE? And im 100% down with ambient, if it works well over EDGE it will be great at work tomorrow.
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""
    2007-11-07 10:17 AM
    How is it over EDGE? And im 100% down with ambient, if it works well over EDGE it will be great at work tomorrow.
    It wouldnt load for me using edge, i had to use wifi, would like someone else to confirm this though
    2007-11-07 07:32 PM
    This app is pretty sweet. but i need to quit by pressing the quit button and not the home button, if i press the home it locks up and i have to restart the phone. It quits unexpectedly sometimes, otherwise its "functionable"

Its very early stage, but i have used it all day studying in the library at school battery drain sort of, went about 3 hours before I saw that its prolly a good idea that i should stop
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!
    2007-11-07 07:44 PM
    Edge works but you have to use a 24k station to keep it going.
    2007-11-07 09:24 PM
    Works good. I quit the application and it froze the phone. I think that the later versions will be pretty sick.

I want to see a way to add our own feeds, possibly letting me listen to stations that I would listen to around my area.

Great work though.
    2007-11-07 09:39 PM
    it works great for me! nice job!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2007-11-08 04:32 PM
    works for me over edge, ihave firmware 1.0 and no problems here
    2007-11-08 04:57 PM
    I love this app. I hope that the developer lets us change to any web stream we like.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
    2007-11-08 07:03 PM
    First of all, I LOVE this app. You did a phenomenal job. (As an aside, before my iPhone, I had a Samsung phone, and "Radiobee," the app that tries to work, never did work -- for me and for most others with most phones. YOUR app worked for me just as I'd always hoped the other one would. As if everything else wasn't enough, your app would be reason enough for me to be happy with my iPhone.)

Second... strange request. I wish there were some ways to acquire custom playlists. In my case (and again, strange, I realize), I am pretty much addicted -- well, ok, an hour a day -- to "old time radio" -- those old radio comedies and dramas that predated television. When you search any list of radio stations for the acronym "OTR," you'll see quite a number of them. There are also a few podcasts on iTunes that come up with that search. At other times, I like news and talk stations. I know, I know, I'm dull. Sorry.

Anyway, I suspect others would like to do the same but for other reasons.

Thanks for the incredible job you've done.

Randy
    2007-11-10 05:33 PM
    honestly a great app but i wish i could access some rock stations, maybe even a top 100 station, i feel like everything is ambient...
    2007-11-11 04:37 AM
    Someone earlier in the thread claimed to have changed the genre through a HexEditor. I tried this, and it didnt work.

I agree, the Ambient only selection is annoying.
    2007-11-11 02:19 PM
    i used hex edit to change it but i only got Oldies to work nothing else....even if it was the same amount of letters.....you dont even need to use hex edit...you can use notepad to change it.
    2007-11-11 02:26 PM
    ok i am no programming wiz so i guess this plist jazz is way beyond me, and all i wana do is just listen to my own statios.. sure, i can do it now via the terminal...
    Code:
    cd /Applications/iRadio
    ./streamer http://myradiostation
    but am i completely weird or.. should it be possible to just get some gui thing that will let me fill out a radiostation and then make that into the ./streamer command?
    again.. i am not a programmer but in my simple brainm it all seems like a really easy fix that would make millions happy!
    2007-11-11 03:05 PM
    yeah, this is irritating - one of the most break-through appz - yet, the developer chooses to torture us with Ambient music...
    2007-11-11 05:47 PM
    I think this app should be like installer.. Like you can add stations and stuff like that
    2007-11-11 05:52 PM
    i used hex edit to change it but i only got Oldies to work nothing else....even if it was the same amount of letters.....you dont even need to use hex edit...you can use notepad to change it.
    With the latest version, after changing the genre, it will not APPEAR to have any effect. Start the app, Click the Refresh button, and you will see the new stations appear. Exit and restart the app and now it should load with the correct stations. I'm able to get many different genres this way. It even works with a partial name for me like "Eclecti" instead of "Eclectic".
    2007-11-11 06:33 PM
    Dave - would you be so kind to be a bit more specific as to what you are doing (e.g. what files are you editing??????)
    2007-11-11 07:10 PM
    i cant find where to add my stations, looked in `stations.plist` but nothing resembling a url. Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
    2007-11-11 07:40 PM
218 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD