User Tag List

Thank you for this - and all your hard work! Truly, a missing link in the iPhone Dev world - much appreciated.

Actually, it seems a bit more stable now ... but i haven't played with it much.

Yeah, ambient is cool - not slagging it. I was a Music Composition major in school ... so i have much respect for electronica (and write in that genre quite often for sound beds, etc) - but I overdose on it just as much as any genre. :-)

Again, thanks ... look forward to more advancements!
    2007-11-14 11:25 PM
    Hi folks!

Please feel free to post feature requests(and ideas) and bug reports here.

Thank you for your comments! It helps me know there's a lot of
    interest in the product and development will be continued.

Mewza
    2007-11-14 11:46 PM
    great job, when i click alternative, it parses ,then optimizes then returns to home screen, can u fix that, great job, best app on Iphone!!!

ok it wokred after 3 tries, setting and player dont do anything yet, can you make that work, great job!
    Last edited by dallasnights; 2007-11-15 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-15 12:07 AM
    Hey Mewza ... i assume you know the buttons at the bottom do not work. But, I thought I would post that anyhow.

In the 'Player' mode ... will we be able to adjust the volume? In settings, it would be nice to set a desired bit rate and have the stations lists parse only the specified bit rate.

I may actually try this out during a road trip ... I assume that 64k would be the only viable option over EDGE?

Is the a buffer built in to allow higher rates over EDGE - or is this mathematically impossible?

Again, thank you!
    2007-11-15 12:12 AM
    Hey Mewza ... i assume you know the buttons at the bottom do not work. But, I thought I would post that anyhow.

In the 'Player' mode ... will we be able to adjust the volume? In settings, it would be nice to set a desired bit rate and have the stations lists parse only the specified bit rate.

I may actually try this out during a road trip ... I assume that 64k would be the only viable option over EDGE?

Is the a buffer built in to allow higher rates over EDGE - or is this mathematically impossible?

Again, thank you!

Yep, the player / settings tabs aren't implemented yet ;-) I am looking for a GUI designer to do some artwork. Email me if you're one and interested, btw.

Bitrate filtering, ok. good idea. I thought maybe implement sorting of
    some sort by bitrate / users/name. Would that be better?

Volume adjustment will come back shortly after I code Player tab.
    I just posted new version btw, which now allows you to go back to Genres tab without quitting. However! there's a bug in deselecting table item. I think it's an Apple's Frameworks bug.

As far as EDGE goes. I think once we add AAC+ plugin, which btw is already compiled and entering alpha stage. The 64kbps EDGE streams might sound decent via AAC+.

There will also be ways to adjust 3d audio / bass / fidelity aspects, but I am hoping to make it a price option.

PS. I have my iPhone hooked up to a pair of Dynaudio BM6A speakers, and I must tell you- the sound is coming out straight up studio quality ;-)

dmitry
    2007-11-15 01:04 AM
    Just some features I'd like to maybe see, more polish than anything though. The ability to see some track information. The ability you mention to sort the stations list; maybe alphabetically by name, by bitrate, and whether they are aac or mpeg. Still loving the new update though, and for anyone interested, I got a 96 bitrate stream to do alright over EDGE a few minutes ago, while I was out about town.
    2007-11-15 02:01 AM
    I have found the trick to keeping this app sounding good and being stable. Reboot...pick one station and stick with it. Move the volume button up and down until the music kicks in(must repeat volume slider moving technique when you plug in earphones)

The bottom line is that certain genres are stable and others cause the phone to reboot alot or shoot back to the home screen. Some have said you need the same amount of letters like Ambient, Country, ect...this is not true because i use pop and it works great but others cause instability. Also, if your wifi or edge kicks in and out it will cause problems.

Many of you may know all this but I just wanted to post this in case some didn't and were frustrated as i was.
    2007-11-15 02:19 AM
    hey. i think the app is great and shows alot of potential but im kinda new to the iphone modding scene so i want to know how i should go about manually installing the new iradio update thing. thanks =)
    2007-11-15 02:43 AM
    Yep, the player / settings tabs aren't implemented yet ;-) I am looking for a GUI designer to do some artwork. Email me if you're one and interested, btw.

Bitrate filtering, ok. good idea. I thought maybe implement sorting of
    some sort by bitrate / users/name. Would that be better?

Volume adjustment will come back shortly after I code Player tab.
    I just posted new version btw, which now allows you to go back to Genres tab without quitting. However! there's a bug in deselecting table item. I think it's an Apple's Frameworks bug.

As far as EDGE goes. I think once we add AAC+ plugin, which btw is already compiled and entering alpha stage. The 64kbps EDGE streams might sound decent via AAC+.

There will also be ways to adjust 3d audio / bass / fidelity aspects, but I am hoping to make it a price option.

PS. I have my iPhone hooked up to a pair of Dynaudio BM6A speakers, and I must tell you- the sound is coming out straight up studio quality ;-)

dmitry
    Sweet! Love the genre button! However, you may want to send a stop stream command for now ... it really slows things down, and i'm having a hard time stopping the stream, even when I quick the app (hit Home button).

- Actually - yes, I do GUI design ... I'm an Interactive Media Designer by day, documentary composer by night (long story ... writing music as a day job for years felt like prostitution!) Where do I email you? I think it would be a good idea to keep the GUI in the same theme as other iPhone elements as much as possible ... what can I say, I really dig the simply, elegant design ... no summerboard mods here! But, I would certainly offer my services, would be great to give back to the community!

Yes! Sounds good through my Adam's A7 monitors too! Nice choice in the Dynaudio, BTW !
    2007-11-15 03:51 AM
    A favorites tab would be great. So many genres and stations to sort through.
    2007-11-15 04:11 AM
    Yeah, favorites would be great.

This is going to be a great app...already is
    Basement arcade. No I never grew up...thank goodness
    2007-11-15 06:56 AM
    + 1 for the favorites.

and yes a UI like NES, Installer, Ipod, Youtube.....

- brilliant work.

PS. I going to Switzerland to work for 5 months (no computer), please keep using installer to release stable builds otherwise I will be stuck at my current version for 5 months. Thanks again.
    2007-11-15 11:22 AM
    Fantastic, Mewze!!! Well, I'm reporting a strange phenomenon. The first station I select after installation sounds fine. But subsequent stations sound "speeded up" (like the old Chipmunks cartoon from the 70s). Reinstalling fixes it -- but only for the first station selected, and subsequent choices sound "speeded up" again. Am I doing something wrong?

LATE EDIT... Well, it's not exactly like the way I posted... Rather, some stations do sound "speeded up" while others don't. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether a station was selected "second" (or the selection order in any case), and reinstallation has no impact upon those "speed up" stations.

EVEN LATER EDIT... Well, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern (a real one this time). Stations that use high bandwidth come across fine for me. But low bandwidth stations (i.e., 24, for example) take awhile to load and then sound like Mickey Mouse on speed. I hope this observation helps. (And sorry for the multiple edits.)

Thanks again,

Randy
    Last edited by Randy; 2007-11-15 at 01:59 PM.
    2007-11-15 12:59 PM
    Add a station would be great add on
    2007-11-15 01:25 PM
    This Application is awesome.
    I cant wait to see how it goes with the new GUI you are working on.
    Hit me up on AIM, maybe I can fund some of your development....

NJesterIII on AIM.
    If you like hip hop, tune in to: http://iphone.jellyradio.com
    Or, if you have iRadio and Terminal installed on your iPhone, do this:
    Enter Terminal, then type:
    cd /Applications/iRadio.app
    ./streamer http://jellyradio.com:8006
    Or for a higher quality feed:
    ./streamer http://jellyradio.com:8000
    2007-11-15 07:07 PM
    how do you manually install the update?
    2007-11-15 08:21 PM
    Read the Wiki's here, do a search .... inform yourself.

Sorry, why some people expect us to spoon feed the same answers day after day is beyond me!
    2007-11-15 09:46 PM
    Fantastic, Mewze!!! Well, I'm reporting a strange phenomenon. The first station I select after installation sounds fine. But subsequent stations sound "speeded up" (like the old Chipmunks cartoon from the 70s). Reinstalling fixes it -- but only for the first station selected, and subsequent choices sound "speeded up" again. Am I doing something wrong?

LATE EDIT... Well, it's not exactly like the way I posted... Rather, some stations do sound "speeded up" while others don't. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether a station was selected "second" (or the selection order in any case), and reinstallation has no impact upon those "speed up" stations.

EVEN LATER EDIT... Well, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern (a real one this time). Stations that use high bandwidth come across fine for me. But low bandwidth stations (i.e., 24, for example) take awhile to load and then sound like Mickey Mouse on speed. I hope this observation helps. (And sorry for the multiple edits.)

Thanks again,

Randy
    Randy, yep, the chipmunk bug. It's cuz I forgot to set the mixrate of the channel. Will fix it.

mewza
    2007-11-15 11:21 PM
    actually i did some researching myself. but thanks anyway :/
    2007-11-15 11:37 PM
    Sweet! Love the genre button! However, you may want to send a stop stream command for now ... it really slows things down, and i'm having a hard time stopping the stream, even when I quick the app (hit Home button).

- Actually - yes, I do GUI design ... I'm an Interactive Media Designer by day, documentary composer by night (long story ... writing music as a day job for years felt like prostitution!) Where do I email you? I think it would be a good idea to keep the GUI in the same theme as other iPhone elements as much as possible ... what can I say, I really dig the simply, elegant design ... no summerboard mods here! But, I would certainly offer my services, would be great to give back to the community!

Yes! Sounds good through my Adam's A7 monitors too! Nice choice in the Dynaudio, BTW !
    The email is listed in the About box of the iRadio app. Please email me
    directly!

Mewza
    2007-11-16 12:25 AM
218 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD