how to move the car
    Uhhhhh
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-05-07 10:13 PM
    The car moves by tilting the phone side to side. I find I can control it more effectively if I lay the phone flat on a table and then tip it slightly while still using the table for support.
    2008-05-07 10:43 PM
    Great Start to a Great App

My Thoughts
    1. Sound is needed
    2. It crashes often when you pause it and try to click restart, if you dont hit the exact button, it crashes.
    3. Add Landscape
    4. Add an option for touchscreen manuvering.
    5. Have a sensitivity bar that changes from like Low Medium High or something. Toooo easy to crash.

And as it develops more cars and tracks etc of course :-)
    2008-05-07 10:59 PM
    Great game in general! I would like more cars as well, and the flickering is annoying. I got used to the accelerometer controls pretty easy, but could use some on screen controls. For some reason tho, I drift to the right too much, almost like its pulling me to the right. Might just be me tho..
    2008-05-07 11:56 PM
    Its pretty fun, but I launched it, played it then after i quit, my phone completely froze, had to hold the home button and power button til it shut off, then my phone turned back on, my phone stayed at "no signal", i tried resetting my network settings, nothing fixed it, until finally i had to uninstall it :/

I hope they can fix that bug, cause it is a fun game.
    2008-05-08 12:38 AM
    really nice game, very promising........but at present quite buggy. has a tendency to crash often.

also i think the developer shud just implement the turning of the cars by touch rather than using the accelerometer. it wud make the gameplay more controllabe, fun and interesting. but the graphics even at this early stage r really good. waiting for further updates.
    2008-05-08 08:08 AM
    Great game in general! I would like more cars as well, and the flickering is annoying. I got used to the accelerometer controls pretty easy, but could use some on screen controls. For some reason tho, I drift to the right too much, almost like its pulling me to the right. Might just be me tho..
    It does the same for me, pulls the right but I found a fix. Install the labyrinth game and there is a calibration tool, use that on a flat even surface and calibrate your accelerometer and BAM no more pulling.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-05-08 09:25 AM
    AWESOME ... Incredible Game really it is so nice, controls is better than OK some improvements and June is here
    2008-05-08 06:23 PM
    The car moves by tilting the phone side to side. I find I can control it more effectively if I lay the phone flat on a table and then tip it slightly while still using the table for support.
    the car just slowly moves backwards
    dunno how to move it
    kinda funny lol

EDIT: finally the car moved i had to set "auto accel" to enabled
    damn nice game
    Last edited by TatesMan; 2008-05-08 at 06:57 PM.
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!
    2008-05-08 06:54 PM
    really nice game, very promising........but at present quite buggy. has a tendency to crash often.

also i think the developer shud just implement the turning of the cars by touch rather than using the accelerometer. it wud make the gameplay more controllabe, fun and interesting. but the graphics even at this early stage r really good. waiting for further updates.
    I dissagree. One of the coolest parts of the game is controlling it by the accelerometer. Maybe an option for touch controls, but definitely don't replace them completely. Play it a couple times and the accelerometer controls become very intuitive.
    2008-05-09 07:09 AM
    It does the same for me, pulls the right but I found a fix. Install the labyrinth game and there is a calibration tool, use that on a flat even surface and calibrate your accelerometer and BAM no more pulling.
    I installed Labryrinth, calibrated (which worked perfect for labrynth), but still have the same problem with the car game.. Is there any way to get the calibration settings to stick?
    2008-05-10 06:39 PM
    any idea what the latest update changed?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2008-05-11 07:19 PM
    I dissagree. One of the coolest parts of the game is controlling it by the accelerometer. Maybe an option for touch controls, but definitely don't replace them completely. Play it a couple times and the accelerometer controls become very intuitive.
    personally i dont like turning the phone out of my view to turn the car, as i cannot see as well, not a big problem with small turns but if u need to make a sharp turn u have to turn the phone so far that u cannot see the screen
    2008-05-11 07:50 PM
    personally i dont like turning the phone out of my view to turn the car, as i cannot see as well, not a big problem with small turns but if u need to make a sharp turn u have to turn the phone so far that u cannot see the screen
    Have you noticed you don't have to tilt the phone on the Z axis? i.e. moving the screen away from you.

Rather, rotate the iphone clockwise and counter-clockwise instead to keep the screen in view.

They should probably put some instructions on there explaining this.

For shits and giggles I taped my iphone to my mariokart wii-wheel, thats how I realized that rotating worked, lol.
    2008-05-11 09:36 PM
    Have you noticed you don't have to tilt the phone on the Z axis? i.e. moving the screen away from you.

Rather, rotate the iphone clockwise and counter-clockwise instead to keep the screen in view.

For shits and giggles I taped my iphone to my mariokart wii-wheel, thats how I realized that rotating worked, lol.
    LOL HOLY CRAP! I am going to try that right now LMAO!!! MARIO KART FTW!
    P.S. I do know that rotating works.

Wii-wheel FTW! ROFL IT WORKS SO GOOD!
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 2008-05-12 at 09:23 PM. Reason: AMAZING IDEA X999X
    2008-05-12 09:16 PM
    ^ yes but guitar freaks and drum mania suck
    iLive an iLife
    2008-05-13 07:03 AM
    And Cock band is better I suppose? 4 bongos and a bass pedal? No cymbals and a piece of crap "Drum" kit. yeah ok... Unlike Cock band, Drummania and Guitar Freaks require rhythm...

GuitarFreaks and Drummania since 1999... rock band is a biter...

Sorry that was very off topic...
    2008-05-13 09:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up, now at least i can finish a race!
    2008-05-14 12:08 AM
    we need sound and landscape view.
    2008-05-14 09:50 AM
    wow very nice game thanks
    2008-05-14 10:07 AM
42 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD