Okay its clear there are a lot of fan boys, I too was once one...1.09 as far as I (and at least 3 others are concerned) is RESTORE-WARE. End of story.

If I could roll back to 1.08 I would, anyone know where I could find a repo posting or able to post the app files?
    2008-07-20 09:32 PM
    Okay its clear there are a lot of fan boys, I too was once one...1.09 as far as I (and at least 3 others are concerned) is RESTORE-WARE. End of story.

If I could roll back to 1.08 I would, anyone know where I could find a repo posting or able to post the app files?
    I've had the exact opposite experience to you, the dev fixed an (important to me) issue I raised with him, I tested the beta for 1.09 and it worked fine as does the final release. I have another bug which I'm sure he'll squash once he's finished looking at converting to 2.0 firmware.

Just because you and a couple of others have had an issue doesn't mean it's the same for 1000's of others so calm down, stop being hysterical and think logically.
    I am also on 1.1.4 and also used Ziphone. The likelyhood is that you have or had something else installed that conflicted majorly with Intelliscreen. Have you tried installing just Intelliscreen 1.09 from a fresh restore? If so, did you get the same result?
    2008-07-20 10:07 PM
    PS. 259 posts does not make you GOD, you'd do well to encourage new users rather then try and belittle their contributions, that kind of attitude wont encourage fresh participation or divergent views.
    ...and i never claimed to be some kind of GOD! but on a first post having an outburst is not good practise. I certainly didnt intend to be seen as belittling you either, i was mearly pointing out that a ranting 1st post isnt the way to go!

So, Ziphoned, 1.1.4, all previous released worked flawlessly - out of curiosity have you tried reverting back to a previous version? (as of yesterday 1.08 was still on installer - not sure about now tho).

If 1.08 worked fine i would suggest going back as the 1.09 release was mainly bug fixes and the slide to view with passcode bugs fixed. Do you have any other programs loading on startup (i know you said no, but im just double checking) - also, few pages back, is a request for the springboard.plist and also tells how to winscp into your iphone even whilst its in its "circle of death" mode...try using that to uninstall the daemon for intelliscreen and see how it goes.

Im presuming you have SSH installed?
    do'h
    2008-07-20 10:08 PM
    I am running 1.09 without any problems at all. And frankly, I have never found any developer as supporting and interacting with their users. BTW, I am no fanboy. Just a happy, satisfied user.
    2008-07-20 11:52 PM

I saw fact stated from the previous poster, not fan boy-ism.

Try doing a little research or PMing the dev with any issues you have before you come in here ranting and raving which will most like get you flamed or not helped at all.

Like previously said, read the thread, the dev comes numerous times to address issues and give updates, sometimes on a one on one level, on many occasions I might add. I've never seen a dev this dedicated to customer support.

Your post count is relative to your "n00b" attitude, that's why that was called out.

Anyways, I can upload the 1.08 app in a zip file, unless you'd rather continue ranting and raving pointless accusations.

Let me know.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.
    2008-07-21 07:08 AM
    All,

Yes - as you may have suspected - 2.0 porting is underway... No ETA yet (sorry - no countdown timer .

There was a permissions issue with 1.09 fresh installs. 1.09b is now released at http://intelliborn.com/repo (and shortly on MMI source) which fixes the installation issue. Thank you for your patience!
    Last edited by skeels; 2008-07-21 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Changed version name to 1.09b
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!
    2008-07-21 09:03 AM
    so basically im ******?

i installed 1.09 today to check it out and low and behold im getting the spinning wheel of death or whatever..

there was no ******* warning or anything. thank you for this.

i lost all my ******* important information and now im wondering what the **** to do because i didnt backup anything.

again, thank you.
    2008-07-21 11:27 AM
    so basically im ******?

i installed 1.09 today to check it out and low and behold im getting the spinning wheel of death or whatever..

there was no ******* warning or anything. thank you for this.

i lost all my ******* important information and now im wondering what the **** to do because i didnt backup anything.

again, thank you.
    Seriously...what is it with all you n00bs!!!!!!!! curb your language and anger.

Not backing up is your own damn fault. Also, you know the catches with jailbreaking etc, its common sense. if your gonna get arsey everytime an app doesnt quite work then i strongly suggest you UN-jailbreak your phone and go back to being average joe with the OOB iPhone!

Now, hit back a few pages or use search, psuskeels tells you how to SSH into the iphone and uninstall the launch daemon. You can do this even when its just the apple logo with the spinning wheel... Unless you chose not to install SSH....bad move if you did.!

What firmware? what jailbreak method? are you windows or mac -- if windows, use WinSCP or Putty, for mac - user Cyberduck or similar
    do'h
    2008-07-21 11:51 AM
    it killed my iphone. it just cost me another hour for restore.
    2008-07-21 04:06 PM
    it killed my iphone. it just cost me another hour for restore.
    Jesus H Christ! what is with all the 1 hit wonders moaning about it!

Some more info would be usefull! (any future 1 hit wonders - please note this comment)...

So,

Symptoms?
    Firmware?
    Jailbreak method?
    SSH installed?
    IntelliScreen Version?
    do'h
    2008-07-21 04:16 PM
    I just updated to 1.09b - no problems so far.

For those on here that are reading this and would like some help with the spinning wheel of death WITHOUT needing to restore. You need to disable the Intelliscreen dylib from loading. The simpilist way of doing this is to:

1. SSH into your phone to /system/library/launchdemons

2. Find <string>/Library/Frameworks/summerboard.framework/summerboard.dylib:/Library/Intelliborn/intelliScreen </string>.

This asumes like me you have summerboard installed, if not just look for anything related to Inteliborn/Intelliscreen.

3. Delete ":/Library/Intelliborn/IntelliScreen"

4. If you save the file and reboot it should work - if not something else is causeing the hang and you should systematically remove all dylib enteries so that nothing eventually appears between the /string tags.

Hopefully someone out there finds this post useful. There are those on this thread who with several hundred posts have had nothing but vitriol to add to this particular conversation. Empty pots do make the loudest noise and quantity is clearly no indicator of an individuals quality.
    Last edited by unit46; 2008-07-21 at 05:54 PM.
    2008-07-21 05:37 PM
    cant wait for this on 2.0!
    2008-07-21 05:53 PM
    I just updated to 1.09b - no problems so far.

For those on here that are reading this and would like some help with the spinning wheel of death WITHOUT needing to restore. You need to disable the Intelliscreen dylib from loading. The simpilist way of doing this is to:

1. SSH into your phone to /system/library/launchdemons

2. Find <string>/Library/Frameworks/summerboard.framework/summerboard.dylib:/Library/Intelliborn/intelliScreen </string>.

This asumes like me you have summerboard installed, if not just look for anything related to Inteliborn/Intelliscreen.

3. Delete ":/Library/Intelliborn/IntelliScreen"

4. If you save the file and reboot it should work - if not something else is causeing the hang and you should systematically remove all dylib enteries so that nothing eventually appears between the /string tags.

Hopefully someone out there finds this post useful. There are those on this thread who with several hundred posts have had nothing but vitriol to add to this particular conversation. Empty pots do make the loudest noise and quantity is clearly no indicator of an individuals quality.
    Dude, seriously, get off your high friggin horse! you've added nothing new here... this information is almost what i pointed you to! psuskeels posted this the *REAL* solution way back - granted this way works as well but its not a clean uninstall... if you look for psuskeels original post he tells you how to cleanly un-install the daemon without removing the app in an ugly unclean way.
    do'h
    2008-07-21 06:36 PM
    ITs not an uninstall but a fix - read the post. Assuming you update to latest release you don't need uninstall to fix, you just need the ability to get to installer (which is the easiest route for the majority of folks).

jtanner: You crack me up...I guess you're quite short too (with the inferiority complex that it brings)! I didn't see you directing anyone to any solution except making awhole lotta noise...again. Try and be useful and constructive will ya.
    Last edited by unit46; 2008-07-21 at 06:44 PM.
    2008-07-21 06:40 PM
    ITs not an uninstall but a fix - read the post. Assuming you update to latest release you don't need uninstall to fix, you just need the ability to get to installer (which is the easiest route for the majority of folks).

jtanner: You crack me up...I guess you're quite short too! I didn't see you directing anyone to any solution except making awhole lotta noise.
    short!? erm, care to explain sir, why you are intent on making this personal. Did i insult you personally in anyway? ...i think not... Personal attacks are not tollerated here! - You thought i was belittling you the other day and at least i had the curtosy to point out that was not my intention. The reason I , & others, jumped was because the answers you were swearing about had already been posted pages back. I could only presume you were too lazy to look.

ok, i asked for your details to attempt to help and i also told you to look a few pages back. 2ndly, your "fix" is not 100% explained - you should explain that the file is a text file and you are required to edit it. All you had to do was read this thread... the answers are already here!

Code:
    To prevent the Intelliscreen dylib from loading all you need to do is remove its entry from com.apple.SpringBoard.plist file.
    Connect to your iphone through WinSCP and download the file /System/Library/LaunchDemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    If the file is in binary format then convert it to text format. iPhone will recognize and process the file normally whether it is in binary or text format. You can do the conversion here http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi or http://iappcat.com/plist/bin2xml

Open the file in a good text editor like Notepad++ or Editpad. (Warning: Microsoft Windows Notepad.exe does not display it properly)

The file is in xml format and contains key called DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES. This key contains the path of all dylib files which springboard will try to load at startup. Each file location is separated by a ':'. Remove the the complete path of the dylib file you think is causing the problem.

i have Summerboard and Intelliscreen installed this is how it looks

before:
          Code:
             <dict>
                <key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
                <string>/Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib:/Library/Intelliborn/intelliScreen</string>
             </dict>

Delete the entry for the intelliscreen file

after
          Code:
             <dict>
                <key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
                <string>/Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib</string>
             </dict>

Save the file as com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and put it back on the iPhone in the /System/Library/LaunchDemons/ folder
    Restart the iPhone
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-07-21 at 06:52 PM.
    do'h
    2008-07-21 06:46 PM
    Seriously...what is it with all you n00bs!!!!!!!! curb your language and anger.

Not backing up is your own damn fault. Also, you know the catches with jailbreaking etc, its common sense. if your gonna get arsey everytime an app doesnt quite work then i strongly suggest you UN-jailbreak your phone and go back to being average joe with the OOB iPhone!

Now, hit back a few pages or use search, psuskeels tells you how to SSH into the iphone and uninstall the launch daemon. You can do this even when its just the apple logo with the spinning wheel... Unless you chose not to install SSH....bad move if you did.!

What firmware? what jailbreak method? are you windows or mac -- if windows, use WinSCP or Putty, for mac - user Cyberduck or similar

jtanner: You crack me up...I guess you're quite short too (with the inferiority complex that it brings)! I didn't see you directing anyone to any solution except making awhole lotta noise...again. Try and be useful and constructive will ya.

Yea unit46, im pretty sure that jtanner was attempting to help you, but you have to help youself by giving enough information for us to assess your problem. You can't just start whining about something and expect everyone to know the actual issue. He was being hepful, aswell as a little impatient, but its understandable considering the predicament.
    Last edited by Adplaya; 2008-07-21 at 07:02 PM.
    2008-07-21 06:58 PM
    i upgraded to 1.09 and then 1.09b and had no problems. It seems the death wheel was only on new installs but not on upgrades.

Anyways i have since powned my phone to 2.0, so now i have to wait for intelliscreen 2.0 to be released before i can start enjoying it again I definitely miss it already.
    2008-07-21 11:25 PM
    I'm waiting for v2.0 compatibility too. Love the app (even registered two copies, one for me, one for the SO).

But, in the meantime....I think I may have found two problems. Do have 1.09b installed.

1. I had three email accounts on my iPhone. Deleted one. Shows that it's been deleted in Mail Settings. But, there are three unread messages being displayed still from the deleted email account on Intelliscreen. Tried many things to get rid of (changing Intelliscreen prefs for mail, reboot, etc.). If this has been solved, just point me to the thread.

2. Small formatting issue on the Weather Underground display. Long story short, it works great as long as the daily temps don't get into triple digits. Once that happens, the digits run together, making it look like it's 10179 (todays temps in DFW, TX).
    Last edited by hartphoto; 2008-07-22 at 02:28 AM.
    2008-07-22 02:18 AM
    speaking of 2.0 compatibility... when can we expect this??
    2008-07-23 01:51 AM
    this is an awesome app because you dont even have to unlock the phone before you can see all your information...looks great
    2008-07-23 02:53 AM
2,092 ... 1858666768697078 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD