psukeels, is great at responding to problems. Sounds like some bugs may be IS related, but not all, so let's be patient.
    2008-09-20 04:12 PM
    Thanks once more for your patience in fixing these issues. 2.22 is available via http://intelliborn.com/cydia source (and shortly via modmyi source as well.)

2.22 Bug Fixes
    =============
    - Fixed: iPod causing SpringBoard crash/Safe Mode
    - Fixed: iPod showing on lock screen on top of IS
    - Fixed: Clock showing when syncing
    - Fixed: If in call from lock screen - screen will go black and can't wake up without lock/unlock
    - Fixed: Voicemail Alerts showing Blue bubble
    - Fixed: Launch app from IS - shows lock icon at top
    - Mail Optimizations (fix for launch mail to take you to the correct mail message)
    - Fixed: HTTP Threading
    -
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!
    2008-09-20 10:46 PM
    Wow, very nice. You're the ONLY developer I've seen respond to all the issues so quickly. Nice job!
    2008-09-20 10:56 PM
    IntelliScreen is a buggy monstrosity of doom. I get reports every single day about IntelliScreen issues. It simply crashes /a lot/, and sometimes it puts you into a state where you have to restore. Personally, I find this unacceptable.

To handle situations of buggy extensions, I designed Mobile Safe Mode. If SpringBoard crashes (and it has to crash: seriously crash) then you will get put into Safe Mode with all extensions disabled. This is a really awesome feature and really saves the day when an extension goes nuts.

Unfortunately, IntelliScreen seems to have been relying on the fact that their (incredibly buggy) product would crash and SpringBoard would /usually/ restart, and no one would really notice. In response to all this, they want me to modify Mobile Safe Mode to give their program a chance to sort of work again.

Personally, I don't really believe in that model: they should just fix their software. It is really important that you be able to get into Cydia to be able to uninstall their extension if it doesn't work, and all of their models of "what about if it crashes twice in a row" don't solve the problem of extensions that only crash when, for example, you try to do something important.

Besides, there are all kinds of extensions that are out there: WinterBoard, Dock2, QuickGold, from a bunch of developers, and IntelliScreen is the only one that has common, persistent issues. I finally got mad at them yesterday and removed them from the Featured page as they are simply refusing to play along with these safety nets.

Today I'm going to push an update to Mobile Substrate that clarifies the wording in that dialog box to make certain users understand that this is an issue /with the extensions/ (and probably say "likely IntelliScreen") and has absolutely nothing to do with a failure in Mobile Substrate.
    psukeels,

I was getting ready to buy a license but this gives me serious pause...saurik is pretty respected around here and when he complains, I have to admit I listen closely.

What gives?
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2008-09-20 11:06 PM
    The bottom of it is 2.2/2.21 had a bad bug in it which crashed the iPhone too often - causing the iPhone to go into SafeMode. The error message caused a lot of confusion of what was the cause (unfortunately, many thought it was MobileSubstrate/saurik, as opposed to IntelliScreen). I, as well, respect saurik - his contributions, code, and abilities. Of course, I understand his comments given the last 36 hours with 2.2/2.21.

The bugs are fixed in 2.22. Regarding purchasing - it's of course up to you. That's why there's a trial. If it works well for you - great - if not, you can try submitting a bug report .
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!
    2008-09-20 11:14 PM
    psuskeels,

Can you make 'Pocket Touch' shows up on the locked screen rather than 'iPod'? I think that it is more useful when the phone is in the pocket and you want to switch song. You can easily swipe instead of pressing the "next" arrow button. Or probably make an option to choose between showing either "iPod" or "Pocket Touch" on the lock screen?
    2008-09-20 11:40 PM
    I haven't seen my current issue being addressed so I'll list it here for awareness (apologies if I overlooked it)

IntelliScreen 2.21 remains active on the screen after a touch of the home button or following an alert/notification and subsequently drains the life out of my battery.

After each alert I have to manually go into iPhone and lock again fresh. I have my IS display set to show for 10 seconds. I'm upgrading to 2.22 now so hopefully that clears up the issue?
    2008-09-21 01:04 AM
    Thanks for the update.

Agree with the above comment - no none responds to problems like you.

Thanks for the best iPhone app. out there.
    2008-09-21 03:24 AM
    The bottom of it is 2.2/2.21 had a bad bug in it which crashed the iPhone too often - causing the iPhone to go into SafeMode. The error message caused a lot of confusion of what was the cause (unfortunately, many thought it was MobileSubstrate/saurik, as opposed to IntelliScreen). I, as well, respect saurik - his contributions, code, and abilities. Of course, I understand his comments given the last 36 hours with 2.2/2.21.

The bugs are fixed in 2.22. Regarding purchasing - it's of course up to you. That's why there's a trial. If it works well for you - great - if not, you can try submitting a bug report .
    My 3G cannot get out of 'safe mode' with IS. I tried everything - even the latest update and it won't work. I'm on 2.1 so I don't know what's going on. Any suggestions?
    2008-09-21 03:45 AM
    ^My 3G is fine with IS. Maybe something wrong on your phone? Idk, I ain't too smart like the developers (iPhone-wise) but if it doesn't work out for you, you can always uninstall it since with safe-mode it's possible.
    2008-09-21 06:14 AM
    Hi guys

Could someone perhaps help me out - I have the registered version on IntelliScreen which like for most of us was working fine until I upgrade to Iphone 2.1 (3G), so I waited to for update version to come out and installed it when it did but it didnt work either and like others I got the Safe Mode issue, so today I got the new v2.2 which installed fine and I can see up all the options for it etc but the preview screen shows no Intellscreen images and even after applying it nothing from Intelliscreen works - except for the miss call , mail notication sounds...

What am I doing wrong - I really love this app and want to get it going again...

Many Tks

Frosty

Update - restored my Iphone and now all is working with Intelliscreen
    Last edited by Frostywinter; 2008-09-22 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Got it working..
    2008-09-21 11:54 AM
    latest IS 2.22 version seemed to have fixed all my problems on my 2.1 3G

thanks psuskeels
    2008-09-21 02:11 PM
    IntelliScreen 2.22 works great for me.
    But I found some bugs...
    Sometimes statusbar lost (changing) from white to transparent (like Springboard statusbar).
    Somitemes can't quit from apps. I think IntelliScreen refresh because.
    And listening iPod in Lock screen. When you go to Springboard my phone freez
    2008-09-21 11:47 PM
    IntelliScreen 2.22 works great for me.
    But I found some bugs...
    Sometimes statusbar lost (changing) from white to transparent (like Springboard statusbar).
    Somitemes can't quit from apps. I think IntelliScreen refresh because.
    And listening iPod in Lock screen. When you go to Springboard my phone freez
    I occasionally have the "can't quit apps" problem.
    2008-09-21 11:57 PM
    Working on the can't quit app - if you doubletap the home key/lock/unlock is the work around.

Regarding not being able to see anything on the lock screen - probably an issue with the layout. Try View Layout --> Reset Layout (bottom right button of toolbar).
    2008-09-22 01:44 AM
    I have just updated to 2.22, changed a few things hit Apply, rebooted back into Sauriks Safe Mode. Went back put settings back to the way they were, Apply back to safe mode again.

Any ideas?
    2008-09-22 02:09 AM
    Have you updated to the latest mobile substrate?
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th
    2008-09-22 08:47 AM
    Love Intelliscreen! Is there a way to modify the Text Size on the lock screen?

I think a bit more customization would be nice so we can fit more on ONE display.

Wish list...

Instead of displaying actual mail/sms message, have the OPTION to display numeric values of missed calls, mail messages, SMS.

Maybe a Single Display line (Another icon for Numeric Values in the VIEW LAYOUT) for these values, then you can have the detailed display lines below.

Thanks!
    2008-09-22 07:07 PM
    i am having issues with the taskbar notifiers disappearing on a random basis. i'm not sure just exactly what causes it to disappear/stop working, but a respring doesn't help. i'd have to go into intelliscreen, hit apply, then put the phone to sleep and wake it in order for it to come back. it's kind of annoying as that's probably the one reason i got intelliscreen. i'm not sure how to recreate this but if there's a log of some sort i can get to help identify the issue i'd be happy to help

other than that, the latest version seem to work very well
    2008-09-23 02:45 AM

Wish list...

Instead of displaying actual mail/sms message, have the option to display numeric values of missed calls, mail messages, sms.

Maybe a single display line (another icon for numeric values in the view layout) for these values, then you can have the detailed display lines below.

Thanks!
    ditto!
    2008-09-23 03:25 AM
2,092 ... 3575838485868795 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD