User Tag List

What were the initial version of IntelliScreen that you could buy?
    Except for Premium I mean?
    2008-10-02 02:55 PM
    My intelliscreen has been running great lately! everything launches very fast. running winterboard, 5icon dock, stack2, quickgold, 50 + app store apps, and a bunch of fun stuff in cydia and everything is very responsive and snappy. I've been running intelliscreen since OS 1.0 and I have always loved it. alot of the bugs and issues from OS 2.0 to 2.1 have been ironed out. on a iphone 3G FW: 2.1 - intelliscreen 2.24b3
    2008-10-02 04:03 PM
    *sorry, mistaken*
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-10-02 at 07:56 PM.
    2008-10-02 07:52 PM
    $4.99 for the app with 1 email account. What a waste. I love the app, but have many accounts that I use. I refuse to pay $20 for this so until your prices are reasonable, I will leave it alone.
    2008-10-02 07:54 PM
    $4.99 for the app with 1 email account. What a waste. I love the app, but have many accounts that I use. I refuse to pay $20 for this so until your prices are reasonable, I will leave it alone.
    Didn't you read this post from earlier today?: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/2346891-post1757.html

My intelliscreen has been running great lately! everything launches very fast. running winterboard, 5icon dock, stack2, quickgold, 50 + app store apps, and a bunch of fun stuff in cydia and everything is very responsive and snappy. I've been running intelliscreen since OS 1.0 and I have always loved it. alot of the bugs and issues from OS 2.0 to 2.1 have been ironed out. on a iphone 3G FW: 2.1 - intelliscreen 2.24b3
    I could only agree!
    Last edited by theplague; 2008-10-02 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-02 08:08 PM
    Cydia prompted me for an upgrade today.

BUT it's giving me a SIZE MISMATCH error when I try to do so.

I was running the beta - is this why?
    2008-10-02 08:25 PM
    The size mismatch issue should be gone.

2.24 (2.24-1) is released

2.24 Enhancements
    =============
    - Performance Tab (All Applications Launch Faster)
    - Removed MobileSubstrate Dependency

2.24 Bug Fixes
    =============
    - Launching app from Lock Screen with PassCode freezes SpringBoard
    - QuickView background distorted
    - Expired License causes SpringBoard overlay
    - Mail App changes account even when not IS Mail Launch
    - Preview/Layout Screen Height
    - QuickView Mail Memory Fix
    - IntelliScreen may show on SpringBoard on reboot

2.24 Known Issues:
    ============
    - Mail may not always retrieve all messages
    - Mail may not always mark as read
    - Launching Mail from IS will only take you to the mail account - not the specific email
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!
    2008-10-02 10:50 PM
    The size mismatch issue should be gone.
    Indeed it is.

Thanks.
    2008-10-03 12:13 AM
    Did you not read 8 posts above you? They are offering it for 9.99 until Saturday..which is a great price for one of the best jailbroken apps. And you're helping out Make A Wish.
    2008-10-03 12:31 AM
    Perfect example of an idiot.
    2008-10-03 12:48 AM
    newest version runs great
    2008-10-03 01:28 AM
    OMG! The performance increase works remarkable! Snapture used to take about 8-10 seconds to open and now it takes about 4. SMS used to take about 7 and now it opens in about 2. AMAZING! Worth every penny! Thanks!!
    2008-10-03 01:47 AM
    Perfect example of an idiot.
    +1
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-10-03 03:01 AM
    The performance feature really works wonders! Thanks.
    2008-10-03 05:19 AM
    Psuskeels, a very good cause, well done! I tried IS while on 114, but I had a lot of problems with it. Now on 2.1 with a new 3g, I'm giving this a go again, but with some issues again. I haven't read through all 119 pages yet, but maybe someone can give me a headsup here. IS installs fine, but once launched, when ever I try and go into the layout or preview section, IS crashes back to the springboard. It could be because of other apps installed, I don't know. I have iBlacklist, Kate, Status notifier, mivTones installed. I know I can uninstall status notifier script, as IS do the same, but I don't know where else the conflict could be. Any help would be appreciated.

[edit] Ok, re-installed it this morning to give it another whirl, and what do you know, all working fine now!
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-10-03 at 10:32 AM.
    2008-10-03 06:09 AM
    OMG! The performance increase works remarkable! Snapture used to take about 8-10 seconds to open and now it takes about 4. SMS used to take about 7 and now it opens in about 2. AMAZING! Worth every penny! Thanks!!
    The performance feature really works wonders! Thanks.
    Could you please tell what settings you're using in the Performance settings?
    2008-10-03 06:19 AM
    Great value + application.
    2008-10-03 06:36 AM
    This latest version is running better than ever! Thanks for continuing to improve this great app.
    2008-10-03 08:58 AM
    Psuskeels,

Will you and your company ever be responding to Saurik's post about the fundamental problems with your product? His post below seems to address issues a lot of your customers report...yet you continue to ignore it.

Is Saurik totally off-base calling your product "a buggy monstrosity of doom" and you simply know better than the developer of Cydia, Cycorder, etc.?

Or are you choosing to ignore one of the most important voices in iPhone development because he could cost you money with legitimate constructive criticism?

I would imagine a company with nothing to hide or be ashamed of would address the concerns head-on. Which makes your behavior that much more perplexing.

IntelliScreen is a buggy monstrosity of doom. I get reports every single day about IntelliScreen issues. It simply crashes /a lot/, and sometimes it puts you into a state where you have to restore. Personally, I find this unacceptable.

To handle situations of buggy extensions, I designed Mobile Safe Mode. If SpringBoard crashes (and it has to crash: seriously crash) then you will get put into Safe Mode with all extensions disabled. This is a really awesome feature and really saves the day when an extension goes nuts.

Unfortunately, IntelliScreen seems to have been relying on the fact that their (incredibly buggy) product would crash and SpringBoard would /usually/ restart, and no one would really notice. In response to all this, they want me to modify Mobile Safe Mode to give their program a chance to sort of work again.

Personally, I don't really believe in that model: they should just fix their software. It is really important that you be able to get into Cydia to be able to uninstall their extension if it doesn't work, and all of their models of "what about if it crashes twice in a row" don't solve the problem of extensions that only crash when, for example, you try to do something important.

Besides, there are all kinds of extensions that are out there: WinterBoard, Dock2, QuickGold, from a bunch of developers, and IntelliScreen is the only one that has common, persistent issues. I finally got mad at them yesterday and removed them from the Featured page as they are simply refusing to play along with these safety nets.

Today I'm going to push an update to Mobile Substrate that clarifies the wording in that dialog box to make certain users understand that this is an issue /with the extensions/ (and probably say "likely IntelliScreen") and has absolutely nothing to do with a failure in Mobile Substrate.
    Anything?
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2008-10-03 06:55 PM
    Could you please tell what settings you're using in the Performance settings?
    I have "App Launch Boost" on and "WinterBrd in All Apps" off. I swear SMS among other apps load MUCH faster. Why Apple doesnt address this makes you wonder.

Psuskeels,

Will you and your company ever be responding to Saurik's post about the fundamental problems with your product? His post below seems to address issues a lot of your customers report...yet you continue to ignore it.

Is Saurik totally off-base calling your product "a buggy monstrosity of doom" and you simply know better than the developer of Cydia, Cycorder, etc.?

Or are you choosing to ignore one of the most important voices in iPhone development because he could cost you money with legitimate constructive criticism?

I would imagine a company with nothing to hide or be ashamed of would address the concerns head-on. Which makes your behavior that much more perplexing.

Anything?

I would think Intelliborns actions are speaking louder than words. They have had 3 or so updates since this email. Intelliscreen is running better than it ever has. At least for me it is.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-10-03 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-03 07:13 PM
2,092 ... 3979878889909199 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD