Hey guys

If you have something that you think should be fixed/added to the Installer 3.12, let me know and we'll see what we can do...

Also, if you'd like to translate Installer to your native language, feel free to do so - English.lproj is in /Applications/Installer.app, translate it and mail it to me at [email protected].

Woot and thanks for the feedback!

Here is the complete list of changes for 3.11 (sorry for technical terms, this is directly from the CHANGELOG):

VERSION 3.11

- Localization support (.lproj all the way!)
    - Sources fetched are no longer cached via NSURLRequest
    - Fast respring for 1.1.3+
    - Source description cell height is now dynamic as well.
    - Single source refresh button in the source info.
    - Experimental version comparison algo to prevent update offers when package is present in multiple repositories (only for versions that can be decomposed using Apple's standard algorithm, such as 1.2.3b4 and not 1.22 or svn-123).
    - Search field for the Uninstall section.
    - Adding a repository will only refresh it and not all of the sources.
    - Fixed an issue with permissions for the folders being created not getting proper permissions.
    - The section list table is now properly resized when keyboard appears/disappears.
    2008-05-20 08:01 AM
    Woohooo! No more lock screens!!
    2008-05-20 08:43 AM
    Great job.
    Lovely app!!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-05-20 09:17 AM
    This installer update to 3.11 is kinda frustrating. This is my story.

I was using a previous version of installer (v3.01) and it was working fine. Then I get a notice that a new update of installer (version 3.11) is out and I tap 'update'. But I get the usual error notice that package download failed. From then onwards everytime I try to download a package I would always get the same message. I fixed that by actually restarting the iphone. Apps would download but from the moment I try to update installer I get the same error for the other following d/loads. The solution to that is always to restart iphone.

I tried downloading the Installer Fix (3.1) and re-tried downloading Installer 3.11 but it's always the same error which I get. I tried changing persmissions via windows (I used iPhone PC Suite) to 755 or 777 but up to no avail.

Would be grateful if someone could help.
    2008-05-20 10:56 AM
    I supposed that im the only one here who cant update installer,. =( can anybody tell me what apps might i missed?? I did almost everything. Got BSD and SSH installed in my iphone. I reallly cant figure out whats wrong. Please. anybody help...
    liyanne
    2008-05-20 06:58 PM
    I had the 3.11 installer install successfully but now when I go to add apps or unistall apps I am getting a "failed to download" error. 3.1 was working fine for me but since 3.11 its a no go.
    2008-05-20 07:44 PM
    I had the 3.11 installer install successfully but now when I go to add apps or unistall apps I am getting a "failed to download" error. 3.1 was working fine for me but since 3.11 its a no go.
    At least u managed to get the 3.11 installed! Try clearing the queue of downloads... that may solve the problem.
    2008-05-20 08:10 PM
    At least u managed to get the 3.11 installed! Try clearing the queue of downloads... that may solve the problem.
    Worked great thanks.
    2008-05-20 11:15 PM
    Source ?????
    2008-05-21 06:04 AM
    Source ?????
    Source for what?

Update: I managed to finally update the installer without that tedious error! Guess the problem was from the host website...
    2008-05-21 09:28 AM
    - Search field for the Uninstall section.
    - Adding a repository will only refresh it and not all of the sources.
    Thank you very much for adding these features and posting the changelog here. Keep up the great work!
    2008-05-21 09:54 AM
    I'm also having problems with SSH after updating installer. I can no longer connect with WinSCP....it gives me the error "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".

Also my 'puzzlemaniak' app no longer works. It opens, then closes immediately. I'm not sure if this is being caused by installer, or because I updated Customize 2. That was the only thing I did after updating installer.

And lastly, I am getting the 'package download failed error'...however, I notice this only occurs when I try to download/update something from 'conceited software'. So I'm assuming that it's the source's, not installers problem.
    2008-05-21 10:06 AM
    Source for what?

Update: I managed to finally update the installer without that tedious error! Guess the problem was from the host website...
    Source download Installer 3.11 . Beccause , I lose all Source in iphone .
    2008-05-21 02:22 PM
    Source download Installer 3.11 . Beccause , I lose all Source in iphone .
    If you jailbroke your iphone you should have installer automatically installed and the first time you enter installer it will prompt you to update. If all this fails this is the source: AppTapp.

You can find a lot of info on installer here: Installer.app Beta

I'm also having problems with SSH after updating installer. I can no longer connect with WinSCP....it gives me the error "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".

Also my 'puzzlemaniak' app no longer works. It opens, then closes immediately. I'm not sure if this is being caused by installer, or because I updated Customize 2. That was the only thing I did after updating installer.

And lastly, I am getting the 'package download failed error'...however, I notice this only occurs when I try to download/update something from 'conceited software'. So I'm assuming that it's the source's, not installers problem.
    Yes... after some use I got some apps which would close as I open them (make it mine app). Even terminal...it kinda got stuck. Tonight I'm gonna restore it and give it a fresh restart (it kinda needed it anyway due to some sparse files).
    Last edited by lente; 2008-05-21 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-21 04:09 PM
    Seems a little faster at loading but it still takes ages to refresh all the sources
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone
    2008-05-21 07:03 PM
    Previous version of installer worked for me. But after the update all my updates are gone in the update section. I am not just talking about the doubles, i know of a couple apps that have benen updated since but the "update folder" is still empty.

Any suggestions?
    2008-05-21 07:23 PM
    If you jailbroke your iphone you should have installer automatically installed and the first time you enter installer it will prompt you to update. If all this fails this is the source: AppTapp.

You can find a lot of info on installer here: Installer.app Beta

Yes... after some use I got some apps which would close as I open them (make it mine app). Even terminal...it kinda got stuck. Tonight I'm gonna restore it and give it a fresh restart (it kinda needed it anyway due to some sparse files).
    yep...I can confirm 'make it mine' doesn't work either.

Is there anyway to 'downgrade' installer back to the previous version?
    2008-05-21 10:23 PM
    I'm getting an

Error:
    Not enough free space to update Installer! Please free at least 512kb of space.

No I've tried deleting video podcasts that I had, tried removing apps greater then 512kb & restarted the phone multiple times and I still get this error. Any idea as to where I need to remove stuff from in order to update installer?
    2008-05-21 10:47 PM
    Just an update:

I've solved the problems I was having by installing Cydia. I think the problems were due to a bad install of BSD subsystem. When installing Cydia, it installs/reinstalls a clean version of BSD subsystem. So now my apps (such as puzzlemaniak, MIM...) are working, and I'm also able to use WinSCP to connect to the phone.
    2008-05-22 01:04 AM
    I did a complete restore of the iphone and installed everything back. It took me nearly 2 hours to get all the apps, wallpapers and customizations but I'd rather spend 2hours on that than trying to find a solution which MIGHT solve the problem.

I now have installer version 3.11 and each and every app is working perfectly (except for the wikipedia.app - which I didn't really need anyway).
    2008-05-23 02:11 PM
63 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD