Hi,

could you please help me.

3 weeks ago, I install services.app and I disabled wifi, after that I re-enable wifi but the iphone doesn't find any access point.

I have make some systeme restore, bb update but nothing... the wifi will not find any accesspoint from now

Today I install netservices, I can enabled wifi but no access point anyway... is there a way to have my wifi working ?

Best regards

PS : sorry for my english
    2007-12-13 04:24 PM
    I have make some systeme restore, bb update but nothing... the wifi will not find any accesspoint from now
    If you have done a FULL system restore and are unable to access WiFi at that point, there is nothing installing NetServices will do to remedy the problem. While NetServices does switch phone services on & off, it does not restore services that were not working to begin with.

I would suggest to restore your iPhone again to factory specs including downgrading the broadband...etc. and see if WiFi works. If it still does not, I'm afraid I have no more advice that I can lend.

- Greg
    2007-12-13 10:11 PM
    Ok so does this work with 1.1.2? and is it on the installer 3.0?
    2007-12-18 01:43 AM
    din83 -I have not tested this app under 1.1.2, but nothing that NetServices is doing at this time should be firmware dependent. Others have used NetServices without porblem on 1.1.2, but as mentioned it has not be officially tested under that firmware.

NetServices is available through installer by adding CopyCoders repository to installer's sources.

Add CopyCoders to your installer sources and NetServices will become available under CopyCoders.
    1. Open Installer
    2. Tap Sources along bottom navigation bar
    3. Tap Edit along top navigation bar
    4. Tap Add along top navigation bar
    5. Enter: http://homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/copycoders.xml
    6. Tap OK
    7. Once Installer finishes adding source - Tap Done
    8. CopyCoders should now appear as a source in "Other Sources". If it does not -Tap Refresh.
    9. Tap Install along bottom navigation bar
    10. NetServices will now be available for installation under the "CopyCoders" heading

-Greg
    2007-12-18 01:49 AM
    Works fine for me on 1.1.2
    2007-12-18 08:31 AM
    I am having a new real problem.
    Seems like when i turn off edge then exit the program, I go back to a black screen with only the menu bar showing. then if I leave the phone alone, it goes back to the netservices screen.
    However it freezes forcing a reboot.

I tried uninstalling and installing the app to no avail.

it is not consistent but seems to happen when turning edge off and then leaving the app. Not always, sometimes there is a slight delay and i get back to spring/board summerboard.
    Could there be a conflict with latest summeboard?
    Last edited by canadoc; 2007-12-19 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-19 07:55 PM
    canadoc,

I just spoke with the developer of BossPrefs and he confirmed that BossPrefs and NetServices use different methods of adjusting EDGE. My guess is that you are stuck with some old preference settings left over from your uninstall of BossPrefs (primarily that EDGE was likely left off via BossPrefs method).

Try this -
    open NetServices enable EDGE.
    quit NetServices
    uninstall NetServices
    install bossPrefs
    toggle EDGE back and forth - leave EDGE on.
    quit bossPrefs
    uninstall bossPrefs
    reinstall NetServices

Please let me know if it helps

Greg
    2007-12-19 09:34 PM
    As usual thanks for your rather prompt reply, it is much appreciated!!!!!!
    2007-12-20 12:45 AM
    Hi,

I have written a small program to change dns information on ad hoc basis.

Please see my post here
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22260

Rather than a standlone application, I am thinking it is possible to add this functionality in your NetServices app, so that users can have dns information and change it on the fly

The program has options as below :
    -setopendns : Set DNS to opendns
    -setdns x.x.x.x x.x.x.x : Set DNS to custom dns (will not check the ip format)
    -dns : Show Current DNS (all)
    -dns1 : Show First DNS (if any)
    -dns2 : Show Second DNS (if any)
    -if : Show Primary Interface
    -ifs : Show Primary Interface & Service
    default (no option) : Set DNS to opendns (quiet mode)

Please send me a message if you are interested.
    2007-12-22 08:14 AM
    Announcing......A Brand NEW NetServices!

Version 1.6.0 Update Available - Please update previous versions

NetServices is the premier preferences application that adds the capability to control a wide assortment of Network & Computer Sharing services.

TESTED ON iPHONE FIRMWARE 1.1.1 ONLY
    (Please See Version History Below)

Included in Version 1.6.0 is control for:
    • Edge
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Airplane Mode
    • openSSH
    • DropBear SSH
    • Apache Web Server
    • Lighttpd Web Server
    • Firefly Media Server
    • AFP File Sharing
    • Samba File Sharing
    • Socks Proxy Server
    • Tinyproxy
    • Auto-Lock (how soon iPhone locks)
    • Safari File Sharing Plug-In
    • iSpit Web Server
    • Auto-Snap
    • Mail Fetch (how often mail is checked)
    • International Data Roaming

- Current iPhone IP Address is also displayed.

- Relevant controls only appear if the corresponding service exists on iPhone.

- NOW WITH A BRAND NEW USER INTERFACE -
    Adjust switch visibility and label names from inside the app!

Please Note: Many more service are available than shown, but only those installed on iPhone will appear.

It is important to note that NetServices does NOT install any of these extended services. NetServices simply provides a simple Graphical User Interface to turn them on & off. Many of the service installs may be found at CopyCoders repository source (see below).

Any questions regarding installing or maintainence of extended Newtork Services should be directed to the companies providing that specific software.

Any questions regarding NetServices or suggestions of ways to extend NetServices capabilities including additional services to add - please contact Greg Hartstein at [email protected]

You can get the latest copy of NetServices by adding CopyCoders to your installer sources and NetServices will become available under the CopyCoders heading.
    • Open Installer
    • Tap Sources along bottom navigation bar
    • Tap Edit along top navigation bar
    • Tap Add along top navigation bar
    • Enter: http://homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/copycoders.xml
    • Tap OK
    • Once Installer finishes adding source - Tap Done
    • CopyCoders should now appear as a source in "Other Sources". If it does not -Tap Refresh.
    • Tap Install along bottom navigation bar
    • NetServices will now be available for installation under the "CopyCoders" heading.

For more information or questions about NetServices
    Please visit http://homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/copycoders/index.html

Original Source Code by Chris Hoffman
    Additional Source Code provided by Peter Iannucci
    Interface Design by Drunknbass - monsterandfriends.com
    Erica's Utilities coded by Erica Sadun - ericasadun.com

An enormous debt of gratitude is extended to the brilliant developers at iPhone-UIKit IRC for their tutelage, ideas, and never-ending patience.

VERSION HISTORY

1.6.0 - Update 12/21/07
    • NEW Major User Interface upgrade
    • NEW Airplane Mode Control Added
    • NEW Auto-Snap Control Added
    • NEW iSpit Web Server Control Added
    • NEW Mail Fetch Control Added
    • NEW International Data Roaming Control Added
    • Socks scripts rebuilt
    • Version Numbering Change

0.1.5 - Update 12/06/07
    • Samba start/stop scripts rebuilt.
    • NEW - File Sharing Plug-In - Switch File Sharing Plug-In on/off allowing Safari to alternate between streaming or downloading media.

0.1.4 - Update 12/03/07
    • Samba start/stop scripts naming issue resolved.
    • NEW - Auto-Lock - Turn Auto-Lock on & off to help maintain network connections.
    • NEW - EDGE - A new method is being applied to disconnect EDGE network more consistently.

0.1.3 - Update 11/24/07
    • Primarily Maintainence Update
    • Ability to toggle Phone service has been temporarily removed until issues with iPhone FW 1.1.2 have been resolved.
    • Several memory leaks have been patched.
    • NEW - Installer Source - An assortment of Network Services have been added to the CopyCoder's Installer source.

0.1.2 - Update 11/23/07
    • SSH launching issues have been resolved
    • Phone service problem has yet to be replicated but now no longer follows On/Off state through restart. Should toggling phone service present a problem, simply restart iPhone to restore service.
    • Additional search locations have been added for Tinyproxy's Launch Daemons in an effort to anticipate installation variations.
    • NEW - Switch Visibility - Keys have been added to the settings file (inside NetServices.app folder) to set visibility of any switches. This is handy for services that are installed but rarely turned on or off.

0.1.1 - Initial Release
    • Users reported issues with SSH not shutting down correctly
    • User reported problems with phone service
    • Tinyproxy service was not appearing after installation

Thank you for your ideas and help in making NetServices better.
    2007-12-22 08:47 AM
    Wow Greg, this is just terrific! Thank you for all this hard work!
    2007-12-22 09:17 AM
    Loving the new look and added functionality.
    2007-12-22 09:31 AM
    I love it!
    2007-12-22 10:25 AM
    I love waking up to new/updated apps - especially great ones like this! Updating to it now. Suh-weet!

edit: OK, found a few things out.

I tried to change the name of SSH to "openSSH", but when I type it in, it just keeps looping back to the Switch Label Change, and I have to hit OK 3 times for it to take effect? Weird. I changed "Edge" to "EDGE", and had to hit OK twice.

Noticed there's no "Exit" button any more. Not a problem, but curious as to why you removed it?

Also, recommendations: under "Help", the URL at the bottom is very long; why not use a TinyURL shortened one, to make it easier on users to type in, if need be?

Long (original): http://homepage.mac.com/hartsteins/c...copycoders.xml <- 60 characters
    TinyURL (short): http://tinyurl.com/3b4bnh <- 25 characters

Also, the copyright notice should include the year as well as the word "Copyright", and the words "All Rights Reserved" (it's just good practice.) So it should read:

Copyright © 2007 Greg Hartstein. All Rights Reserved. (Also, it seems like there's several blank lines at the bottom, since it scrolls but nothing is there.)
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2007-12-22 at 02:07 PM.
    2007-12-22 01:55 PM
    I tried to change the name of SSH to "openSSH", but when I type it in, it just keeps looping back to the Switch Label Change, and I have to hit OK 3 times for it to take effect? Weird. I changed "Edge" to "EDGE", and had to hit OK twice.
    Very odd - the fact that you're able to change the label implies that the necessary scripts are working, but the loop back has me puzzled.

Noticed there's no "Exit" button any more. Not a problem, but curious as to why you removed it?
    The Exit button was removed for purely aesthetic reasons. It didn't fit in the new layout & color scheme. You'll notice the top bar is thinner than previous version of NetServices and centering the button proved more difficult than hoped (especially for a button that provided a redundant operation like quit).

Also, recommendations: under "Help", the URL at the bottom is very long; why not use a TinyURL shortened one, to make it easier on users to type in, if need be?
    Good idea. You see I was battling with font sizes to fit it in - this will be changed in the next update

Also, the copyright notice should include the year as well as the word "Copyright", and the words "All Rights Reserved" (it's just good practice.) So it should read:
    Copyright © 2007 Greg Hartstein. All Rights Reserved. (Also, it seems like there's several blank lines at the bottom, since it scrolls but nothing is there.)
    Since 2007 is over in slightly more than a week I was being lazy and hoping to avoid an update for the sake of ©Year. In addition I am not reserving much in the way of rights when it comes to this app. At this time it is free and free to alter any way you choose. The inclusion of the © symbol should likely be replaced with a ™ since it's the name NetServices that is the only real "intellectual property" reserved here.

Thanks for all your help & input. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the new look and feel of NetServices. There are bound to be a few undiscovered bugs with a change of this size so please be patient and let me know about anything you find. The updates will come as quick as I can solve any issues.

Thanks again -

Greg
    2007-12-22 07:00 PM
    I also noticed that if I toggle Auto-Lock off, a message will pop up letting me know that it has to respring or something to that effect, BUT it never resprings. I then try to respring through sysinfo.app and the app won't launch and this goes for every app. So i have to reboot the phone and then auto-lock is turned off. This also applies for turning auto-lock back on, it doesnt respring and i have to reboot the phone.

Thanks for the great app!!
    2007-12-22 10:10 PM
    I also noticed that if I toggle Auto-Lock off, a message will pop up letting me know that it has to respring or something to that effect, BUT it never resprings. I then try to respring through sysinfo.app and the app won't launch and this goes for every app. So i have to reboot the phone and then auto-lock is turned off. This also applies for turning auto-lock back on, it doesnt respring and i have to reboot the phone.
    I think some of the scripts necessary are suffering from permissions issues.

Please try this:
    Quit NetServices
    SSH into your phone and type:
    cd /Applications/NetServices.app; chmod -R 755 *

restart NetServices

Let me know if it helped.

Thanks,
    Greg
    2007-12-22 10:27 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I ssh'd into my phone using windows. I opened up terminal and pasted

and then hit execute. I then checked the files and folders for the permissions and they were set to 755. I restarted the phone and tried the Auto-Lock and it still does the same thing. Thanks
    2007-12-22 10:48 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I ssh'd into my phone using windows. I opened up terminal and pasted

and then hit execute. I then checked the files and folders for the permissions and they were set to 755. I restarted the phone and tried the Auto-Lock and it still does the same thing. Thanks
    When you toggle Auto-Lock does NetServices quit or just display a notification? It should quit, show notification and recycle springboard. The specific binary that's executing this is called "restart" and it's in /Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/bin/restart. The script that runs the recycle is at ProgramFiles/LaunchFiles/autolockExit.sh.

Just as a test, with no apps running SSH in to your iPhone and type:
    /Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/bin/restart

SpringBoard should recycle. Please let me know the result.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's come to my attention that there is a small bug when using DropBear SSH. A capitalization error in the NetServices settings.plist is keeping the switch from appearing even with DropBear installed. I will fix this in the next update but for now try this:

Quit NetServices
    SSH into your iPhone and type (ALL ONE LINE):

/Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/bin/plutil -r Visibility-DropBear /Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/plists/settings.plist

hit return

now type (ALL ONE LINE)
    /Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/bin/plutil -s Visibility-Dropbear -v YES /Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/plists/settings.plist

hit return

The switch for DropBear should now appear as all the others (assuming it's installed on your iPhone).

thanks

Greg
    Last edited by hartsteins; 2007-12-22 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-22 11:01 PM
    Yes the netservices quit then pops up a message saying that it will complete the auto-lock by respringing or something like that, and then it sits and doesn't respring or anything. The apps also become disabled and i have to reboot.

I ssh'd into the phone using winscp, opened terminal and pasted the following:

/Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/bin/restart

Then in terminal this was displayed:

sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

WinSCP then froze and disconnected and the phone also had to be started cause the apps would not launch.

Now I have used iToggle.app before and did not have this issue. Also reading back into the posts regarding another person having a problem with wifi or edge and they were using bosstools, and u told them to install, uninstall, toggle back and forth, etc... Well i did the same procedure with itoggle.app and it didn't work.
    2007-12-22 11:10 PM
306 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD