Can you post the daemonlist portion of the FF Media Server feature so I can add it to a different program? Im trying to make a program that has all of my features...
    2008-01-01 05:28 AM
    Can you post the daemonlist portion of the FF Media Server feature so I can add it to a different program? Im trying to make a program that has all of my features...
    The FireFly Media Server & accompanying files can be found here:

http://home.mike.tl/iphone/zips/Fire...svn1586-r1.zip

Greg
    2008-01-02 01:54 AM
    The FireFly Media Server & accompanying files can be found here:

http://home.mike.tl/iphone/zips/Fire...svn1586-r1.zip

Greg
    Could someone direct me towards a tutorial on how to add it to iToggle's daemons list? I have no clue what it is, but I need iToggle's phone feature...
    2008-01-02 03:13 AM
    Could someone direct me towards a tutorial on how to add it to iToggle's daemons list? I have no clue what it is, but I need iToggle's phone feature...
    This is not a thread for iToggle. Be VERY careful of iToggle's phone feature - especially if you are running 1.1.2. In fact - I believe that if you are running version 1.1.2 the phone switch will not be available.

Here is their homepage for more information.

http://web.newsguy.com/marcio/iphone/itoggle/

Greg

Greg, is the SSH included by Independence 1.3.x works on 1.1.2?
    I believe that everyone is now using the same openSSH install so NetServices should work correctly

hartsteins: Can you please add support for PureFTPd to NetServices?
    I will add it to the list of network services to add to the next major update.

Greg
    Last edited by hartsteins; 2008-01-02 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-02 04:01 AM
    im sorry if i double post or someting, but thers too much pages on this thread and i took a look at almost all of them first, but couldnt find anything about it..... i have an 1.1.2 fully working, i had the net services b4 on another iPhone i jailbroke, now whit my new1 finally found the source to install it, but i couldnt, on the installer i download it normally as any app. but when it will install on the phone the installer quit , i restart the phne and netserviceswere on SB but it desnt launch, i tap it and quit inmediatlly, some suggests?? dont know if it could be incopatible whit another app or something, i have a lot of [email protected]$ts on my iphne by now... :P

Edit:!! i could "fix it" finally, i dont know if its actually incompatible whit wiSync, wi Toogle, or some of thoose apps to sync, just anounced here, that BTW didnt work for me eighter, but desisntalling them trought independence and reinstalling Net Services, it finally ran. thx anwy.
    Last edited by sebax; 2008-01-03 at 05:35 PM. Reason: problem solved
    2008-01-03 05:09 PM
    First, thanks hartsteins for a terrific app!

Second, sorry if this has already been noted (it's a little time-consuming trawling through 17 pages of replies!)...

An observation: My SIM is PIN-locked (I prefer it that way). When I switch EDGE off or on, I'm also required to unlock the SIM again each time. I'm guessing this is because as stated, "NetServices recycles the CommCenter (phone service) when EDGE is turned off and on." Could there be a workaround?...

Also, as reported elsewhere my volume goes way down after switching EDGE off or on, even though volume settings are always up. Restarting the phone or waiting for it to auto-lock restores the correct volume. You had replied earlier that you don't know why this would be happening. Any update?...
    2008-01-04 08:54 AM
    i also have this volume issue.
    it only happens when enabeling edge; not when disabling.

After enabling edge all system sounds are at very low volume
    Last edited by MP3-Junky; 2008-01-04 at 12:23 PM.
    2008-01-04 09:52 AM
    An observation: My SIM is PIN-locked (I prefer it that way). When I switch EDGE off or on, I'm also required to unlock the SIM again each time. I'm guessing this is because as stated, "NetServices recycles the CommCenter (phone service) when EDGE is turned off and on." Could there be a workaround?...
    The short answer is no, there's no way to work around that. If you have a SIM pin, restarting the CommCenter will invoke the SIM-pin. There's no way to circumvent that, as it's the same as restarting the phone.
    2008-01-04 04:52 PM
    im sorry if i double post or someting, but thers too much pages on this thread and i took a look at almost all of them first, but couldnt find anything about it..... i have an 1.1.2 fully working, i had the net services b4 on another iPhone i jailbroke, now whit my new1 finally found the source to install it, but i couldnt, on the installer i download it normally as any app. but when it will install on the phone the installer quit , i restart the phne and netserviceswere on SB but it desnt launch, i tap it and quit inmediatlly, some suggests?? dont know if it could be incopatible whit another app or something, i have a lot of [email protected] on my iphne by now... :P

Edit:!! i could "fix it" finally, i dont know if its actually incompatible whit wiSync, wi Toogle, or some of thoose apps to sync, just anounced here, that BTW didnt work for me eighter, but desisntalling them trought independence and reinstalling Net Services, it finally ran. thx anwy.
    People, watch what you type or learn how to speak english a little better please. If we can understand you, we can't help you!
    2008-01-04 09:47 PM
    Could you also include support for iMapIdle?
    2008-01-05 11:26 PM
    I have an iPod Touch with 1.1.2, I just installed NetServices (v1.6.1) which seems to be a great app. However, I am having a problem. Whenever I quit NetServices, all my "add-on" preferences get toggled off (such as SSH and File Share Plug-in) no matter what I do. I would appreciate any help, thanks.
    2008-01-08 05:14 AM
    I have an iPod Touch with 1.1.2, I just installed NetServices (v1.6.1) which seems to be a great app. However, I am having a problem. Whenever I quit NetServices, all my "add-on" preferences get toggled off (such as SSH and File Share Plug-in) no matter what I do. I would appreciate any help, thanks.
    I had the same problem (not due to NetServices though), and what fixed it for me was to re-install SSH & the File Sharing plugin.
    2008-01-08 05:57 AM
    I had the same problem (not due to NetServices though), and what fixed it for me was to re-install SSH & the File Sharing plugin.
    Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "re-install," do you mean just deleting the SSH app and the Download plugin, restart, then put the files back on? I don't know how I can delete SSH then put it back on as I installed the files manually. I did try just removing the Download plugin, then putting it back on, but it still keeps toggling off. Thanks again.
    2008-01-08 06:58 AM
    i also have this volume issue.
    it only happens when enabeling edge; not when disabling.

After enabling edge all system sounds are at very low volume
    Ya, I have the same volume issue as well...

- Disable EDGE, volume is fine
    - Enable EDGE volume is low, and re-disabling and then enabling it will not "fix" this. Only a restart will resolve this issue.

Also I noticed that I get the low memory message (running out of disk space) whenever I launch NetServices for the first time after starting up my iPhone but not subsequent launches of NetServices (and not for any other application). As long as I don't shut my phone off, I can launch NetServices without getting low memory warning.

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)
    2008-01-08 06:14 PM
    Can you be more specific as to what you mean by "re-install," do you mean just deleting the SSH app and the Download plugin, restart, then put the files back on? I don't know how I can delete SSH then put it back on as I installed the files manually. I did try just removing the Download plugin, then putting it back on, but it still keeps toggling off. Thanks again.
    itsajeepthing -

You should remove the Download plugin and install the version available at the CopyCoders repository. It is set to work with NetServices. A manual install will not add the needed files for NetServices to poll this plug-in correctly.

SSH should work correctly - how was this installed? If possible use the openSSH install available on installer.

Thanks,

Greg

- Enable EDGE volume is low, and re-disabling and then enabling it will not "fix" this. Only a restart will resolve this issue.
    I still have not found a reason that this would be tied to EDGE disable (and of course I cannot re-create the error on my phone). What iPhone firmware are you running?

Also I noticed that I get the low memory message (running out of disk space) whenever I launch NetServices for the first time after starting up my iPhone but not subsequent launches of NetServices (and not for any other application). As long as I don't shut my phone off, I can launch NetServices without getting low memory warning.
    The memory issue is not caused by NetServices but by polling the assorted services the iPhone must trigger the circuit that checks memory (news to me). If you are having memory issues it's because there is very little room on the system portion of the iPhone hard drive (especially under 1.1.2). You can increase your room for 3rd party applications by moving your Applications folder to your root folder and placing a sym link to it in the root folder.

check this link for a guide on how to do it: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11682

thanks,

Greg
    Last edited by hartsteins; 2008-01-12 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-12 08:24 PM
    We need as a community to get this added to netservices

http://www.pure-mac.com/iphone/apps.html#pureftpd

"It can transfer at 1.2MB/s (scp/sftp max speed is around 350KB/s)."

This is why I want it to to be added
    2008-01-13 01:51 AM
    I still have not found a reason that this would be tied to EDGE disable (and of course I cannot re-create the error on my phone). What iPhone firmware are you running?
    Thanks for the response Greg. I'm running 1.1.1. Seems like there are a few of us having this issue. Not sure what FW the others are using though.

The memory issue is not caused by NetServices but by polling the assorted services the iPhone must trigger the circuit that checks memory (news to me). If you are having memory issues it's because there is very little room on the system portion of the iPhone hard drive (especially under 1.1.2). You can increase your room for 3rd party applications by moving your Applications folder to your root folder and placing a sym link to it in the root folder.

check this link for a guide on how to do it: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11682

thanks,

Greg
    Ya, I figured as much but just wanted to make sure. Incidentally thanks for the link on how to fix disk space. I've been following that thread for a while now and am aware of it.

cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-01-15 at 07:35 AM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)
    2008-01-15 07:32 AM

Thanks for the response Greg. I'm running 1.1.1. Seems like there are a few of us having this issue. Not sure what FW the others are using though.
    1.1.1 here too
    2008-01-16 10:35 AM
    Hello, I'm having a little trouble disabling EDGE and keeping it disabled. Does anyone have any advice for me?

I am using AT&T sim card with jailbreaked but not unlocked 1.1.1 firmware. I recently revirginized from 1.0.2 and updated to 1.1.1.

What happens is...
    1. I open NetServices, slide EDGE to OFF
    2. I press Home Button
    3. I re-open NetServices, EDGE is now ON again

I've speculated that it's just showing EDGE as ON, but is really turned off. However, when I went to the store earlier I clicked my Mail icon in an attempt to check my mail without a wireless network, and at first it asked me to choose a wireless network from the networks that were available. Naturally I did not have the access keys to the networks around me, so I clicked cancel. This is when EDGE kicked in and checked my mail for me. I was able to know that my mail was checked due to the change in time to the "Updated" bar at the bottom of the Mail application. Note that just before I did this, I slid EDGE to OFF several times in NetServices.

I am not running other configuration software. Before NetServices I tried using Services but it also did not work for me. It had similar results but I don't have an accurate recollection of exactly what happens.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    2008-01-17 03:16 AM
    1. I open NetServices, slide EDGE to OFF
    2. I press Home Button
    3. I re-open NetServices, EDGE is now ON again
    What happens when you switch EDGE off (besides the switch moving)?
    A pop-up should appear telling you that it may take 1-15 sec for the process to complete.
    If this pop-up is not appearing it means that some of the scripts that NetServices uses are not being accessed properly.

There are 2 probable causes - Another conflicting app. It is not necessarily an issue of using or having used a similar network app before. None of the 3rd party software has been tested against one another and very often conflicts arise. I have found that NetServices conflicts with some of the SpringBoard add-on apps like Dock.

The other possible cause is a permissions issue. Try this:
    Quit NetServices
    SSH into your phone and type -

cd /Applications/NetServices.app; chmod -R 755 *

and then hit return.
    Restart NetServices and see if error remains.

Thanks

Greg
    2008-01-17 05:10 AM
306 ... 31112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD