Just a report: with EDGE and WiFi disabled, yesterday @ work, the EDGE icon didn't show, but today it did.
    2007-12-06 01:41 AM
    i hope this will work perfectly fine on my IPhone v1.0.2

After adding the source and refresh it...
    It never appears netservices on th utilities...
    only Services I found...is this the same thing...

Yes! already installed this netservices...

thanks
    Last edited by smokepsp32; 2007-12-06 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-06 05:01 AM
    i hope this will work perfectly fine on my IPhone v1.0.2

After adding the source and refresh it...
    It never appears netservices on th utilities...
    only Services I found...is this the same thing...

Yes! already installed this netservices...

thanks
    NetServices will not appear under Utilities in Installer. CopyCoders has it's own folder and once the source is added, NetServices will appear there.

It has NOT been tested with iPhone FW 1.0.2 and I am unable to offer much support for this older firmware.

Greg
    2007-12-06 05:55 AM
    NetServices will not appear under Utilities in Installer. CopyCoders has it's own folder and once the source is added, NetServices will appear there.

It has NOT been tested with iPhone FW 1.0.2 and I am unable to offer much support for this older firmware.

Greg
    Yup, already installed on my IPhone V1.0.2...
    It work well but when I turn Off the Edge, its still there...
    don't know why...
    2007-12-06 06:21 AM
    Yup, already installed on my IPhone V1.0.2...
    It work well but when I turn Off the Edge, its still there...
    don't know why...
    EDGE is still active or E logo is still visible?

Greg
    2007-12-06 08:31 AM
    EDGE is still active or E logo is still visible?

Greg
    it pops up need to subscribe to edge but the E logo still there...
    2007-12-06 09:43 AM
    NetServices update Ver 0.1.5 is Available.

Please update via Installer or directly from the web site - HERE

In addition, many of the Network Services apps have been added to the CopyCoder's installer source. If you are having any trouble accessing services that you have installed from a different source or manually, please uninstall and reinstall from the CopyCoder's source. All the network service apps from CopyCoders are set to work with NetServices.

ADDED TO COPYCODERS REPOSITORY- If available please install from this source.
    Instructions on adding CopyCoders as a source can be found HERE
    • LaunchDaemon for Samba (allows Samba to follow on/off state through restart)
    • Install for File Sharing Plug-In for Safari - More info HERE

VERSION HISTORY

0.1.5 - Update 12/06/07
    • Samba start/stop scripts rebuilt.
    • NEW - File Sharing Plug-In - Switch File Sharing Plug-In on/off allowing Safari to alternate between streaming or downloading media.

0.1.4 - Update 12/03/07
    • Samba start/stop scripts naming issue resolved.
    • NEW - Auto-Lock - Turn Auto-Lock on & off to help maintain network connections.
    • NEW - EDGE - A new method is being applied to disconnect EDGE network more consistently.

0.1.3 - Update 11/24/07
    • Primarily Maintainence Update
    • Ability to toggle Phone service has been temporarily removed until issues with iPhone FW 1.1.2 have been resolved.
    • Several memory leaks have been patched.
    • NEW - Installer Source - An assortment of Network Services have been added to the CopyCoder's Installer source.

0.1.2 - Update 11/23/07
    • SSH launching issues have been resolved
    • Phone service problem has yet to be replicated but now no longer follows On/Off state through restart. Should toggling phone service present a problem, simply restart iPhone to restore service.
    • Additional search locations have been added for Tinyproxy's Launch Daemons in an effort to anticipate installation variations.
    • NEW - Switch Visibility - Keys have been added to the settings file (inside NetServices.app folder) to set visibility of any switches. This is handy for services that are installed but rarely turned on or off.

0.1.1 - Initial Release
    • Users reported issues with SSH not shutting down correctly
    • User reported problems with phone service
    • Tinyproxy service was not appearing after installation

Thank you all for your input and help in making NetServices a better product.
    Last edited by hartsteins; 2007-12-06 at 06:24 PM.
    2007-12-06 10:05 AM
    updated my netservices v.015
    2007-12-06 11:44 AM
    I like the "No network connection" instead of "Searching" when EDGE & WiFi are disabled.

Not that I care, but out of curiosity: is the "turn phone on/off" feature ever going to make it's way back in?
    2007-12-06 11:50 AM
    @greg; bro i updated to new version but still even I off the edge, i can surf the net using safari...even my wifi is also off...

@Greg; bro after I turn Off the Edge, the E logo will disappear but only for few seconds...and it will appear again...once the E logo is there...i can still surf the net via safari...
    Last edited by smokepsp32; 2007-12-06 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-06 11:58 AM
    Greg, the new file sharing addition works perfectly, thank you!

No fussing with plists & such.
    2007-12-06 01:13 PM
    Love this app... I do however still have the problem with the AFP (Bonjour) not working correct...
    2007-12-06 02:27 PM
    I cannot activate file sharing. Not showing in the list where edge, wi-fi etc. are now. What am I doing wrong?
    2007-12-06 05:38 PM
    Not that I care, but out of curiosity: is the "turn phone on/off" feature ever going to make it's way back in?
    HotStuff2 - Phone service capabilities will not return right away. Disabling phone service can only be done in a rather brute force sort of way and that proved risky in early testing. Doing things like unloading CommCenter locked up some 1.1.2 phones. Though it is on the future update list, it's far from top.

Love this app... I do however still have the problem with the AFP (Bonjour) not working correct...
    Please be more specific - what problem with AFP are you having?
    Did you install from the CopyCoders source? Try un-installing AFP and re-installing AFTER NetServices

@greg; bro i updated to new version but still even I off the edge, i can surf the net using safari...even my wifi is also off...after I turn Off the Edge, the E logo will disappear but only for few seconds...and it will appear again...once the E logo is there...i can still surf the net via safari...
    In an earlier post you mentioned that you are still running iPhone FW 1.0.2. I cannot promise that NetServices (especially EDGE) will work efficiently on this version of the iPhone firmware. No changes to the method NetServices uses to disable EDGE were made between NetServices version 1.4 & 1.5.

Thanks for your help in making NetServices a better product.

Greg
    2007-12-06 06:08 PM
    Great program, even the edge symbol goes out after exiting from Netservices.

But.... my International menu has disappeared from Settings, after installing Netservices. Firmware 1.1.1
    2007-12-06 06:24 PM
    .... my International menu has disappeared from Settings, after installing Netservices. Firmware 1.1.1
    There is nothing NetServices is doing that would cause this result. NetServices functions as just a GUI to load and unload LaunchDaemons & network processes. It may a residual effect of one of the services you are turning on/off.

I do not have an "International" menu in my settings to begin with so I am unable to test for this problem

Does it return if/when you uninstall NetServices?

Greg
    2007-12-06 06:32 PM
    Hey Greg, very speedy update with that file downloading addition, great job!!

I do have one question...is there any way to implement it without needing to recycle the springboard? I know MobileSafari needs to be killed, but I'm not sure I understand why Springboard is being restarted.

As I'm sure is the case with a good number of folks, playcount is pretty important to me (as well as marking podcasts as "not new"), and every time the springboard is restarted, all recent playcount is lost. So, if there's a way to implement the File Download Plugin toggling without touching the springboard, that would be spectacular.

Thanks again for the great product, and keep up the good work! I hope I'm not being too picky with the feedback.
    2007-12-06 07:07 PM
    punkassjim -

OK - killing Safari it is. Often just like any computer a full recycle is often the easiest way to assure proper reload, but this plug-in seems to only need Safari to reload. (I'm not a podcast listener so the playcount issue have never surfaced for me).

This is not something that seems big enough for a full update but I have attached a new script here that will only kill Safari and not recycle the whole SpringBoard - NetServices notifications have been removed as well.

Sooooo....

NetServices - Script Update
    New File Share Plug-In Script will not recycle SpringBoard in an effort to maintain user settings.

Here is what to do:

Download the zip file attached here (filehare.sh.zip)
    Unzip file called fileshare.sh
    Using whatever network service you prefer, copy fileshare.sh file into the main NetServices.app folder.
    SSH into iPhone and type:

cd /Applications/NetServices.app
    mv fileshare.sh ./ProgramFiles/LaunchFiles/fileshare.sh
    chmod -R 755 *

Now SpringBoard will not recycle when plug-in is enabled or disabled.

Thank you for helping to make NetServices a better product

- Greg

NetServices - The One App to Control Them All
    Attached Files
    2007-12-06 08:10 PM
    Can you also include a button for:
    1) iSpit
    2) SSH.app (application istalled with a windows jailbreak 1.1.2. utility)

Thanks for your great effort and excellent application.

P.S. If you want, I can send you a zipped ssh.app directory by email
    2007-12-06 08:20 PM
    Man, you certainly are diligent! Thanks Greg, I really appreciate it. Works absolutely beautifully!
    2007-12-06 08:47 PM
306 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD