Anyone got this to work with Fido in Canada?

MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca
    PROXY: 205.151.11.13:8080

Send Failed!
    Could Not Connect!
    2007-12-07 07:19 PM
    Anyone got this to work with Fido in Canada?

MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca
    PROXY: 205.151.11.13:8080

Send Failed!
    Could Not Connect!
    I know with Rogers, you have to switch your EDGE settings from the Internet WAP server to the Media WAP server. Probably the same for Fido, you may need to call them for these settings.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-07 07:37 PM
    what diretory does teh mms come from, i have one siting there i need to delete, pleae advise and thanks all
    2007-12-07 07:57 PM
    var/root/library/mmsapp/sent.dat
    2007-12-07 08:05 PM
    Can someone teach me how to connect my iPhone and see all the folders in it? so I can install this thing.

Thanks a lot
    2007-12-08 01:44 AM
    Can someone teach me how to connect my iPhone and see all the folders in it? so I can install this thing.

Thanks a lot
    You can teach yourself by navigating to Guides section, and reading up. Its not like we can do a remote session with you or something.
    2007-12-08 02:24 AM
    Try taking out the 'http://' and the ':80' I thought I read somewhere that that worked, but my question is do we need to have at least the $5.99 plan?
    You will either need a 5.99 or 19.99 unlimited plan which I have.

Thanks
    2007-12-08 03:33 AM
    For those after a trouble free install. Temporary installer source http://iphone.dawson.be/repo has MMS v0.1 on it so you can install, application permissions repaired.
    2007-12-08 02:06 PM
    For those after a trouble free install. Temporary installer source http://iphone.dawson.be/repo has MMS v0.1 on it so you can install, application permissions repaired.
    Ok I see a lot about permissions, and well I have checked and the MMS folder is set for 0755, but the app is set for 0757 along with a few other files.

Are all supposed to be set for 0755 or is this correct?

Oh also I am on T-Mobile and I cant get this to work maybe this is it?

Thanks
    2007-12-08 02:26 PM
    Setting permissions is required for those that have the application crash upon launch. To fix you just SSH into the iphone and type:

Code:
    cd /Applications

chmod -R 755 MMS.app
    2007-12-08 03:01 PM
    Hmm...has anyone got this to work with 1.1.2 (and AT&T)?

Thanks
    Last edited by cocoapunk; 2007-12-08 at 04:10 PM.
    2007-12-08 03:50 PM
    Great first steps towards an important function for the iphone.

One request is to be able to set custom edge settings for MMS sending. Optus is Australia requires the use of a different APN for MMS sending versus internet browsing.

This is probably the case with quite a few operators, and I've seen it mentioned a couple of times in this thread.
    2007-12-09 06:13 AM
    Using the above settings for AT&T on my locked 1.1.1 iPhone activated through iTunes with the unlimited messaging plan I was able to successfully send the MMS messages but they would never be received so I got on the phone to AT&T and after a very frustrating discussion with customer support I finally got them to add the MMS pay per use feature to my account saying that I had another MMS capable phone that I wanted to use my SIM card in. The first few I tried still weren't received so on a whim I tried a couple of hours later and it actually worked!!!

I sent a test one to my friend who is also on AT&T that was sitting next to me and he got it even before the in progress overlay had disappeared!

I'm sure there must be a way to enable MMS at AT&T without adding the pay per use as it really should be included in the unlimited plan, I think I will call and dispute the charges on my next bill and see if they can sort it out then.

Now all we need is to be able to receive messages as well! I'm very curious to hear how the developers plan to pull that one off and if they do I will be extremely happy!
    2007-12-09 04:32 PM
    It worked. Sent MMS from AT&T iPhone to a T-mobile phone. We have the standard iPhone AT&T family plan (2 iPhone house). Now I want to receive MMS on my iPhone...... We can't do that yet - right?
    2007-12-09 04:35 PM
    I still cant get over the fact that this feature has yet to actually be added to the iphone as a native app. It just makes no sense to me.
    2007-12-09 05:21 PM
    How Can We Get The Right T Mobile Settings Thanks
    2007-12-09 07:43 PM
    Doesn't work with Movistar in Spain neither...
    2007-12-09 09:37 PM
    As nice as this app is, I can't see how it's ever going to receive MMSs in its current form.

As I understand it, when you receive an MMS, a little message is sent to your phone over GSM, and then the phone connects to your MMS mailbox via EDGE/GPRS

How will this work? Will an MMS daemon type program have to wait in the background, looking for the 'SMS stub' of an MMS? How will this fit into the current SMS program? Will it interfere with it?

I just dunno. It seems a lot of work.

I would've thought the opensource guys would have had a crack at it by now if it was relatively easy.

Obviously, it isn't
    2007-12-10 08:28 AM
    As nice as this app is, I can't see how it's ever going to receive MMSs in its current form.

As I understand it, when you receive an MMS, a little message is sent to your phone over GSM, and then the phone connects to your MMS mailbox via EDGE/GPRS

How will this work? Will an MMS daemon type program have to wait in the background, looking for the 'SMS stub' of an MMS? How will this fit into the current SMS program? Will it interfere with it?

I just dunno. It seems a lot of work.

I would've thought the opensource guys would have had a crack at it by now if it was relatively easy.

Obviously, it isn't
    I hope it's not too hard. I despise viewmymessage.com.
    2007-12-10 09:01 AM
    I get this error "MMS server reported an error".
    Tried 2 different telco, same error.
    I'm from Malaysia. Tested on Maxis & Digi.
    2007-12-10 10:22 AM
208 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD