has anyone got this working on vodafone uk?
    our life our world mapped out in scars,carved in wrist and back of arm

2007-12-10 12:31 PM
    just wanna say a massive thanks to the guy that made this, and also a big thanks to fastdump.. Few pages back u said the info to put in for vodafone, i put it in like u said and it worked 100%. Now im with a company called Savvytel, which is a vodafone based company in Australia, and with the settings u said, worked perfect. Any idea on any settings for Optus Australia fastdump ??

DJBBOY
    2007-12-10 03:05 PM
    I dont post very often, but I think this program ROCKS ! Im with Rogers up here in Canada and I finally got it to work. I used the following settings:

mms.gprs.rogers.com
    apn:media.com
    user name: media
    password: mda01

Now just what I experienced, dont include the "http://" before the mms.gprs.rogers.com seemed to work for me. Sent a message to my wife who is on fido and it worked NO PROBLEM ! Also you must change your edge settings under your network settings in order for this to work. Perhaps future versions of this app will be able to swap out edge settings while sending a message. And ofcourse receiving MMS would be a great thing but its obviously more difficult.
    Goodjob and thanks again.
    2007-12-10 05:55 PM
    I Get An Cannot Resize Image Error For Tmobile

can we get the correct ones for tmobile?
    Last edited by nycdiplomat; 2007-12-10 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-10 07:24 PM
    Request, on the next update it should implement a way to delete the list of sent items within the program, rather than having to get into var/root/applications etc.
    2007-12-10 08:01 PM
    Hi folks, and nice one.
    WTF was steve jobbie was thinking not including this (along with loads of other stuff every low rent phone has done for the last 5 years)??

FYI I have this working on a iphonesimfree unlocked/upgraded to 1.1.2 on UK Vodafone contract.
    I only got this to work by changing my "EDGE" settings from internet/web/web (for www access) to wap.vodafone.co.uk/wap/wap. Then I used mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms and 212.183.137.12:8799 for MMS

The upshot is if you enable MMS currently (for uk vodafone) you kill www, which is a right PITA.

So if I could add managing extra connections settings (for WWW vs MMS) to the wish list I'll cheerfully put my hand in my pocket for this one...

RIch
    2007-12-10 10:33 PM
    Same here they did not work for me either.
    Has anyone gotten these setting to work?

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or do you have additional settings that do work?

Thanks

I haven't tried it, but did you try sending the MMS with the wifi turned off?
    2007-12-11 03:00 AM
    not working with the ATT setings, hope you can fix it soon great job anyhow
    2007-12-11 03:12 AM
    I haven't tried it, but did you try sending the MMS with the wifi turned off?
    Yes I turned off WiFi, BT, SSH I tried everything that I could think of but still it does not work.
    2007-12-11 04:29 AM
    ... a big thanks to fastdump... Any idea on any settings for Optus Australia?...
    My pleasure, djbboy - always good to know I've helped someone!

As for Optus, I can only suggest the following settings, based on a file supplied pages back by (I forget ) which lists various Aussie carrier settings and is how I determined all the Voda settings. It took a little interpreting but here goes...

MMS settings:

Code:
    MMSC: mmsc.optus.com.au:8002
    Proxy: 61.88.190.10

or

MMSC: mmsc.optus.com.au
    Proxy: 61.88.190.10:8002

I don't know which combination will work!
    EDGE settings:
    Code:
    APN: mms (yes, just mms according to the doc)
    (no username/pwd)
    2007-12-11 08:29 AM
    att mobility mms settings:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    PROXY: 66.209.11.32

and dont forget to hit save... and also please do not forget. when sending make sure your wifi is turned OFF!!!

this app works awesome with 1.1.2..

but one last thing. i dont know if its just me.. but i am able to send out multimedia messages but it seems like im unable to recieve them.. soo if anyone can help??
    2007-12-11 10:00 AM
    idjxplode:

I'm able to 'send' on ATT as well, but the message is never received at the other end. Did you check that they were actually received?
    2007-12-11 10:13 AM
    yeah... i have 2 phones a blackjack and the iphone... i sent a picture from the iphone and my blackjack received it... but when i tried replying back from my blackjack to my iphone.. i never received anything from my iphone...
    2007-12-11 10:31 AM
    yeah... i have 2 phones a blackjack and the iphone... i sent a picture from the iphone and my blackjack received it... but when i tried replying back from my blackjack to my iphone.. i never received anything from my iphone...
    Well the iPhone cant recieve MMS yet, but its in the works...
    2007-12-11 12:32 PM
    Well the iPhone cant receive MMS yet, but its in the works...
    As far as I can tell it does not work for T-MOBILE, and since ATT and T-MOBILE aren't sending different types of packets MMS doesn't work.

I have not noticed any of the T-Mo ppl say it works and no one has been able to supply anything different from the basic settings to show that it does.

I have used the supplied website for configuration all cellular carriers (within this thread) that gave setting for T-MO, additionally I tried:
    http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...&InqSource=TMO
    and those it did not work as well.

I have taken the settings of off another phone that I was able to send MM with and those settings did not work either.

Hence its not the settings, its the app / phone I am sorry to say.
    I was so hoping that this would worked though.

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2007-12-11 at 01:24 PM.
    2007-12-11 01:17 PM
    Does anyone regularly speak to any of the developers of this?

I have a feeling we won't be hearing from them for a very long time I don't mean that in a bitchy way either, but what they're trying to do is certainly non-trivial.

They should do a blog or something
    Last edited by mr_greedy; 2007-12-11 at 02:40 PM. Reason: TYPOS!!!
    2007-12-11 02:28 PM
    Ok, got it figured out with FIDO Canada....

MMSC: mms.fido.ca
    PROXY: 205.151.11.13:8080

Change Edge settings...(settings>general>netwoek>edge)

APN: mms.fido.ca
    Leave user name & password blank.

Turn off WiFi & send away.
    Sent a pic to another phone & received in less than a minute.
    2007-12-12 07:13 PM
    Ok, got it figured out with FIDO Canada....

MMSC: mms.fido.ca
    PROXY: 205.151.11.13:8080

Change Edge settings...(settings>general>netwoek>edge)

APN: mms.fido.ca
    Leave user name & password blank.

Turn off WiFi & send away.
    Sent a pic to another phone & received in less than a minute.

By sticking in that info, does that mean it's possible for us to accidentally rack up wireless data charges from fido? It's wayyy too expensive to use here in canada, and I don't want to risk it if i don't have to.
    2007-12-13 01:28 AM
    you have to get on an mms data plan 12 for $3 or 100 for $5 or .50 for each with no plan.
    2007-12-13 07:41 AM
    Ok so no one is even touching on how to get this to work on T-Mobile.
    Why is that?

With all the traffic that passes through this forum no one has any info?
    Most of the traffic or threads on the iPhone are directed as those who have unlocked phones...

Wouldn't that mean that most would be on services other than ATT/CingCing?

Sorry for the frustration but I watch this thread a few times a day looking to a solution from those who have either gotten this to work and or those who have found it just doesn't work on T-Mo...

I hope that this reply will only act as a mechanism to get an answer that is it..

Thank you for reading.
    2007-12-13 01:46 PM
208 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD