Ok so no one is even touching on how to get this to work on T-Mobile.
    Why is that?

With all the traffic that passes through this forum no one has any info?
    Most of the traffic or threads on the iPhone are directed as those who have unlocked phones...

Wouldn't that mean that most would be on services other than ATT/CingCing?

Sorry for the frustration but I watch this thread a few times a day looking to a solution from those who have either gotten this to work and or those who have found it just doesn't work on T-Mo...

I hope that this reply will only act as a mechanism to get an answer that is it..

Thank you for reading.
    I'm not 100% knowledgeable on this and have been waiting for a response myself, but I'll go ahead and chime in based on what I've gathered thus far..

For those carriers where this doesn't work, it seems to be one of a few possible reasons.

1) The APN for edge needs to be changed as well as the MMSC address being entered, this application doesn't allow for that so you'd literally have to go in and change your edge settings each and every time you wanted to send an MMS and then revert back when you want to use the web. This is not an issue for all carriers, just some.

2) Some carriers require that you send a username and a password as well, this application doesn't allow for that currently.. this may be in addition to issue number one as well .. but doesn't have to be

3) Some people are trying this with wifi enabled which I think in most cases will not work because the mms servers are probably on the cell's private network and you simply cannot get to them through another network..

It's really important to note that the problem could be one or more of these combined depending on your carrier..

SO .. to fix this the developers need to ...

Provide a way to dynamically change the edge settings, shut off edge and restart it ONLY IF REQUIRED.. otherwise it'd suck, should be optional

They need to allow entering a username and a password and should send it even if it's blank ..

They also need to disable wifi prior to sending, or figure out a way to send via edge even if wifi is turned on ..

I also think they should release the source code .. unless they are planning to make money off of us by eventually making it an app you must buy.. which would immediately put me off.. I don't mind donating to the core team, but open it up and make this thing awesome ..
    2007-12-13 04:10 PM
    I've been having the same problems as a lot of other people on this thread where they are able to send, but no one receives. I decided to call AT&T to ask why I'm not able to send MMS (I told them I wanted to send MMS on another phone). While talking to them they told me because the iPhone does not support MMS (sending or receiving) that it has been disabled on my account and there is no way to enable it while on the iPhone account. Don't know if that's really true, but what I was told from AT&T (several times >:().
    2007-12-14 12:30 AM
    I've been having the same problems as a lot of other people on this thread where they are able to send, but no one receives. I decided to call AT&T to ask why I'm not able to send MMS (I told them I wanted to send MMS on another phone). While talking to them they told me because the iPhone does not support MMS (sending or receiving) that it has been disabled on my account and there is no way to enable it while on the iPhone account. Don't know if that's really true, but what I was told from AT&T (several times >).

That doesn't at all surprise me ..

What I do see though is that a lot of people are complaining that they can't receive and I don't think everyone realizes that this app does not currently support receiving..
    2007-12-14 03:13 AM
    I'm not 100% knowledgeable on this and have been waiting for a response myself, but I'll go ahead and chime in based on what I've gathered thus far..

For those carriers where this doesn't work, it seems to be one of a few possible reasons.

1) The APN for edge needs to be changed as well as the MMSC address being entered, this application doesn't allow for that so you'd literally have to go in and change your edge settings each and every time you wanted to send an MMS and then revert back when you want to use the web. This is not an issue for all carriers, just some.

2) Some carriers require that you send a username and a password as well, this application doesn't allow for that currently.. this may be in addition to issue number one as well .. but doesn't have to be

3) Some people are trying this with wifi enabled which I think in most cases will not work because the mms servers are probably on the cell's private network and you simply cannot get to them through another network..

It's really important to note that the problem could be one or more of these combined depending on your carrier..

SO .. to fix this the developers need to ...

Provide a way to dynamically change the edge settings, shut off edge and restart it ONLY IF REQUIRED.. otherwise it'd suck, should be optional

They need to allow entering a username and a password and should send it even if it's blank ..

They also need to disable wifi prior to sending, or figure out a way to send via edge even if wifi is turned on ..

I also think they should release the source code .. unless they are planning to make money off of us by eventually making it an app you must buy.. which would immediately put me off.. I don't mind donating to the core team, but open it up and make this thing awesome ..

#1. Is the most likely in my situation.
    #2. T-Mo does not require a ID or Password.
    #3. I made sure that the WiFi and BlueTooth were both turned off.
    All that was on was the edge which needs to be for the APN.

This is lame that on a device like this they did not think through what they were offering the customer base.
    I am not a ATT customer but that fact that they sell and generate revenue via MMS but did not implement this service on a phone of this caliber is telling.

ATT could have stopped the release upon learning that they were not able to support a service that they sell, and that is in a rather large demand.

Its kinda like ATT telling: Samsung, Nokia, Moto, etc. that they will not sell any more of there products if they do not all support the 3G network...

Oh wait a minute they did tell them that...

Thats why the the above mentioned companies are so mad that ATT, for releasing a 2.5G version of the Apple iPhone, and holding them to a different standard....

Forget that thought!
    2007-12-14 01:46 PM
    does that mean it's possible for us to accidentally rack up wireless data charges from fido?
    I'll let you know when my bill comes in. I hope not. lol
    2007-12-14 02:22 PM
    Ok so no one is even touching on how to get this to work on T-Mobile.
    Why is that?

With all the traffic that passes through this forum no one has any info?
    Most of the traffic or threads on the iPhone are directed as those who have unlocked phones...

Wouldn't that mean that most would be on services other than ATT/CingCing?

Sorry for the frustration but I watch this thread a few times a day looking to a solution from those who have either gotten this to work and or those who have found it just doesn't work on T-Mo...

I hope that this reply will only act as a mechanism to get an answer that is it..

Thank you for reading.
    Have you tried these settings?

T-Mobile picture messaging settings

WAP GW IP Address:

APN Name:
    wap.voicestream.com

Messaging Server:
    http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

Data Mode:
    Connection Oriented

**NOTE** - Remember to TURN OFF WIFI BEFORE sending the MMS!!! Oh yeah, also remember - This app does NOT RECEIVE MMS!! Enjoy!

**NOTE#2** - These settings are specific to T-Mobile USA and will only work with an active T-Mobile USA account.
    Last edited by Sony311; 2007-12-14 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added more info
    2007-12-14 05:52 PM
    It works fine for me. I am wih rogers. To bad you can't receive mms. Hopefully one day soon.
    2007-12-14 06:05 PM
    TMobile-US will not work with this softwar (yet, so I hope). It's missing a place to configure these values: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=697783
    MMS Message Setup (This is very critical)
    Inbox View: Sender
    Srvce Center No: +12063130004
    Auto Cleanup: 5 days
    Email Gateway: 36245
    SMS Alert: On
    Use GPRS: Yes
    Device history:
    OTB 1.0.2 / anySIM 1.0.2 unlocked
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.1.1 unlocked
    OneSIM (unlocked)
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Downgraded to 1.0.2 / Activated using wiNstaller
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.2u unlocked / Jailbroken using http://jailbreakme.com
    Install OktoPrep using Installer
    Upgraded to 1.1.2 / Jailbroken using 1.1.2 Jailbreak ZIP / Activated using hacked lockdownd

* Baseband Flash +4 times (revirginized)
    2007-12-14 09:04 PM
    Have you tried these settings?

T-Mobile picture messaging settings

WAP GW IP Address:

APN Name:
    wap.voicestream.com

Messaging Server:
    http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

Data Mode:
    Connection Oriented

**NOTE** - Remember to TURN OFF WIFI BEFORE sending the MMS!!! Oh yeah, also remember - This app does NOT RECEIVE MMS!! Enjoy!

**NOTE#2** - These settings are specific to T-Mobile USA and will only work with an active T-Mobile USA account.
    Yes to all the above but could you clarify as to:
    Data Mode: Connection Oriented

Not sure what you mean or where to change/find?

Thanks
    JW
    2007-12-15 04:18 AM
    yea man i have t mobile too (usa) n im getting the error "mms server reported an error" if u find out anything let me know, or if u wanna share knowledge on any apprs or watever email [email protected]
    2007-12-18 04:06 AM
    note working for me either,

mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
    proxy: 066.209.011.032

also tried 066.209.011.032:80

im in texas and im on cigular...... my messa ges arenot being recieved by my girlfriends cell.

what am i doing wrong?
    2007-12-20 08:26 AM
    Same problem other people are having, 1.0.2 unlocked phone w/ AT&T. Settings are configured using listed settings, messages are sent successfully but they are never received on the other side.
    2007-12-23 06:07 AM
    Diddo for me in Florida on cingular. Tried every setting shown. The message shows sent, but noone gets them. Also can you delete sent messages? they all just stay there, and you cant "swipe" to delete them
    2007-12-23 07:03 AM
    i got mine to work too.

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

but i can only get it to work if my Wi-fi is set to OFF. after sending the text, i immediately got an notification that it was sent... date:time:number:title of the sent MMS was displayed.

my settings:
    ver: 1.0.2
    Wi-Fi: OFF
    i also have MMS option on my account still active from when i use to use n95.

now, we just have to wait to be able to recieve MMS on our iphones
    2007-12-23 10:57 AM
    daytonaviolet: was the message recieved though? i can get mine to send the message but its never recieved by the person i send it to.
    2007-12-23 05:22 PM
    I was thinking about this wifi/edge issue and really I think the solution is not to disable wifi when the app loads automatically.. getting a little technical here for some of you perhaps, but when WiFi loads it doesn't look like EDGE gets deactivated and the reason I say that is when WiFi is active and I run the ifconfig command on my phone.. not only does my iPhone have an address assigned from my private network, it still has the T-Mobile USA 10.x.x.x interface loaded.

This could mean that the developer needs only assign some static routes so that MMS traffic is routed through the EDGE interface.. no disruption to WiFi at all ..

This means today that if you're technically minded, you could probably go into terminal and add some static routes off your own if you're one of those people who have to constantly has to disable wifi for sending MMS ..

I wish this app were open source.
    2007-12-26 03:35 PM
    works for me now, but whenever i select a photo on the very bottom of my camera roll (i have a lot of photos) , the app crashes and goes back to the springboard. What am I doing wrong?
    2007-12-28 08:05 AM
    any luck with AT&T?
    2007-12-29 02:20 AM
    It's not working for me. This is what I'm using:

Service: AT&T
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032:80

Ver: 1.1.2
    Edge: Running

I've tried sending my messages two 3 different phones running AT&T. Samson Sync, Motorola RAZR V3xx (IZAR), and Blackberry Curve. If it doesn't work on the Blackberry the problem obviously isn't with the phones I'm sending it to. It shows the message was sent, but not recieved. Can someone help me please. Upload screenshots of all your menus or something. I went to the official site and that didn't help either. I'm so confused
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 2008-01-01 at 08:11 PM.
    2007-12-31 11:21 PM
    It's not working for me. This is what I'm using:

Service: AT&T
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032:80

Ver: 1.1.2
    Edge: Running

I've tried sending my messages two 2 different phones running AT&T. Samson Sync & Blackberry Curve. If it doesn't work on the Blackberry the problem obviously isn't with the phones I'm sending it to. It shows the message was sent, but not recieved. Can someone help me please. Upload screenshots of all your menus or something. I went to the official site and that didn't help either. I'm so confused
    im on AT&t / 1.1.2 / same settings except the :80 port / wi-fi off and it sends fine to my wifes ATT 8125 pda phone. she recieves the pics just seconds later
    2007-12-31 11:57 PM
208 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD