Any guides for OS X yet?
    there is a quick install script to install SSH for OSX (Here). check this link for a little more info.

also, for anyone who's looking, here is the link to the download repository for the most current tools and NES.app files...http://iphone.natetrue.com/
    2007-08-09 01:46 AM
    Where did you get this from? This there I link. thanks
    2007-08-09 01:56 AM
    I still can't get it to work terminal works on my iphone but the nintendo just stays at a white screen someone please help do i need the bin kit if i do were dose it go

I still can't get it to work terminal works on my iphone but the nintendo just stays at a white screen someone please help do i need the bin kit if i do were dose it go
    Last edited by ron6; 2007-08-09 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-08-09 02:07 AM

I got this from a previous post, i had the same problem you had. Just do the puuty thing and type in the command, restart the phone and it will work.

Ok once you install ssh download this :

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/.../x86/putty.exe

Then get your iPhones network ip address :

For WiFi : Settings , WiFi , the blue arrow next to your WiFi connection , ip address. Write it down in putty under host name make sure port is on 22. Click Open.

Login as : root
    Password : dottie

Copy and paste this command at the prompt

chmod +x /Applications/NESApp.app/*

Press enter
    2007-08-09 02:55 AM
    I had to create folders in the /Applications folder (from iphoneinterface, "mkdir /Applications/NES.app") then manually open up the packages in OSX, and dump their contents into the folder. then I disconnected from iphoneinterface and opened up the SSH connection and issued: "cd /Applications" , "chmod +x NES.app". Then I restarted my phone...and BAM. little shroom icon on my homepage. I'm not sure if it mattered or not, but i had a full background skin and replace the DemoApp.app icon.png with a normal icon. I have not played with the icons yet to see if i can have the full background skin with the emulator yet...but hey...it's all good
    PM me with questions... i'm on OSX...and i connected with my kubuntu linux home box with SSH just for kicks (and it worked well .

cheers!

kyle
    2007-08-09 03:37 AM
    can somebody explain this little bit for me please? ..im not exactly sure whats its saying

NOTE ON SOUND
    Sound required that you disable mediaserverd, and only works through the
    headphones. A couple of easy aliases can be added to your .profile to disable or
    re-enable mediaserverd if you are using MobileShell:

alias \
    nosound="/bin/launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/coreaudiod.plist"

alias \
    sound="/bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/coreaudiod.plist"
    2007-08-09 04:09 AM
    one more thing. using the "new folder" method, i had to go into each folder after the chmod +x NES.app step and do the same for each item in the package. for some reason, the change did not go into the folder.

so, following up on my last post, it would be (from within SSH) "cd NES.app"
    , "chmod 775 *". that is similar to chmod +x...but I wanted to make sure that the new apps had the same "rights" as old ones.

I compared the ls -l output for the new app to that of the other ones...and 775 gave me that. dunno...it worked for me

Ron, check out my approach. I ended up in the same place as you...but I had to go into the extra step of changing the rights of the other files within the package. I am using OSX...not sure about you but maybe it's a difference between the windo$e SSH client and the OSX SSH client...dunno. I'm rocking mario 1-3 now and have some others en route

kyle
    Last edited by antiflash; 2007-08-09 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-08-09 04:20 AM
    If I'm normally running all my iphone stuff from the mac os x side of my computer, can i install 3rd party apps on the windows side with no problems? I'm using boot camp.
    2007-08-09 04:27 AM
    Enjoy guys
    Here is the newest regular version
    Download: Here

Here is the newest landscape version
    2007-08-09 04:33 AM
    will somebody please compile .16 for portrait?

i tried .15 landscape and didnt really like it
    2007-08-09 04:38 AM
    I still can't get it to work terminal works on my iphone but the nintendo just stays at a white screen someone please help do i need the bin kit if i do were dose it go sorry for the double post
    Last edited by ron6; 2007-08-09 at 05:31 AM.
    2007-08-09 04:42 AM
    If I'm normally running all my iphone stuff from the mac os x side of my computer, can i install 3rd party apps on the windows side with no problems? I'm using boot camp.
    This is pretty much like using 2 computers. I have connected with my Linux box at home and made changes as well as from my OS X macbook...they both work fine as long as you are using windows apps in windows and mac apps in OS X

Did you already add your ROMs? You need to put all ROMs (games) into /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES. to create that directory, just jump into SSH and say "mkdir /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES". then drop some ROMs into the folder (i'm not a pro at SSH so I just dumped them in with iphoneinterface). after that, your white screen should load up whatever ROMs you put in the folder...good to go.

kyle
    Last edited by antiflash; 2007-08-09 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-08-09 05:09 AM
    THanks Mirror i was lookin for this.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

2007-08-09 05:35 AM
    Enjoy guys
    Here is the newest regular version

Here is the newest landscape version
    is it any faster?
    2007-08-09 06:19 AM
    Thanks everyone i got it working runs great but no sound but its still great
    2007-08-09 06:49 AM
    I tried the landscape and it was way faster then the one I had. But I think I had the first one out.
    I like it =).. Hmm Now for some nes skins =)~
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing
    2007-08-09 08:30 AM
    THanks Mirror i was lookin for this.
    I know this is very weak... but where do I get the roms for this thing???
    2007-08-09 08:41 AM
    Google. We can't legally link to nor host ROMs.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-09 09:00 AM
    juss one qstn,,,, can tha ROMs be in ZIP form?
    2007-08-09 09:41 AM
    Landscape version is sweet. I wish the A and B buttons were a bit further apart though and bigger.
    BluewoodBoarder!

8g iPhone, 2 GHz Core Duo (black) MacBook w/ 2gigs of ram..
    2007-08-09 09:55 AM
230 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD