Ok, I need help on the ROM part of it, I dont get it. Can I use any nes rom I find on google or what. I tried downloading one and it didnt have the .nes extension that they are supposed to have I guess. I mean can someone say exactly what to type in google and what number link to press or is that too much cuz really have no effing clue where I am supposed to be getting the roms.
    2007-08-09 12:19 PM
    version .18 is posted
    2007-08-09 02:24 PM
    my screen just freezes and remains a blank white page...any suggestions?

I used Manzana to transfer the NES app files, it woks on the normal version. Is there something extra i have to do?
    2007-08-09 03:17 PM
    i love the landscape version! much better but still far from perfect. am i the only who has trouble using the buttons? they need to be much bigger IMO. i think the main problem is that i continuously have to look at where the button is because i cant feel it. ha wish there was some way to fix that...
    2007-08-09 04:16 PM
    my screen just freezes and remains a blank white page...any suggestions?

I used Manzana to transfer the NES app files, it woks on the normal version. Is there something extra i have to do?
    You may need to connect via SSH and chmod permissions on the NES.app folder to 0777
    2007-08-09 05:02 PM
    Here are the steps from beginning to end on how to get NES on your iPhone (assuming you have already run jailbreak, if not search for it in the forum).

NOTE: This is for PC and you must be on Wifi.

1. Plug in iPhone, turn make sure iTunes is not running.

2. Follow the steps found here:
    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

3. Download and install this:
    http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

4. Open up the program installed in step 3. Look in your iPhone under Settings > WiFi > and click the blue > next to your connection. You will see IP Address. Enter this for HostName. Then User Name is root and password is dottie. Drop down the menu list below to SCP.

5. Hit connect and wait, if it give you an error asking to abort, dont. Hit Yes to any questions it asks.

6. Now you see your computer on the left and your phone on the right. Click the Folder up button at the time until you cant go up anymore.
    7. Download your preffered version:

Landscape
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/do...d=341&act=down

Portrait
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/do...d=340&act=down

8. Now I would rename the NES.app folder to Nintendo.app to it says Nintendo under the icon not NES but its up to you.

9. Click and drag this entire folder over the Applications folder and release (Hence putting it in the Applications Folder)

10. Now go into the Applications folder where your NES.app (or Nintendo.app) will be and right click on the folder. You will see numbers likw 0644 or 0755. Change this to 0777. Hit OK and go into that folder now.

11. Repeat step 10 for all the files in this folder.

12. Now download manzana from here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/do...id=95&act=down

13. Now download this file and put it in the manzana folder:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...d=148&act=down

14. Run Manzana.exe or whatever the executable is in that folder.

15. A browser of your phone will show up.

16. Navigate to var > root > Media

17. Create a folder in the Media folder (By right clicking and add folder) and call it ROMs

18. Now in that folder create a folder called NES

19. Now search the internet for NES roms, (.nes extension). Now download whichever you want.

20. After you have these ROMS go back to the program from step 3 (WinSCP). You should see the ROMs folder in var/root/Media/ and the NES folder in the ROMs folder. Drag your roms into the NES folder (roms which you downloaded from the web in step 19).

21. Repeat what you did for step 10 for all the ROMS once they have been dragged into the NES folder (found at var/root/Media/ROMs). You are setting their permissions for read write and execute for the iphone.

NOTE: I realize there are faster ways to do this but this is how I did it and it worked so just follow the steps and you should have the NES on your phone. Let me know if this helps!
    2007-08-09 06:08 PM
    I don't understand the compiling part
    2007-08-09 06:15 PM
    I don't understand the compiling part
    What are you referring to by compiling?
    2007-08-09 06:17 PM
    I'm having issues just installing the ssh. I installed the xcode developer tools and macports. But when I go into the terminal to do the sudo selfupdate thing it gives a list of errors and whatnot. I'm following the guide in the wiki section. Any ideas? I'm on OSX, intel-based.
    I am The One.
    2007-08-09 06:18 PM
    well in the Readme it says

"BUILDING

Compile using 'make'. You will need the arm-apple-darwn toolchain. See:
    http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind...lchain_Project

This will create a new NES.app package in ./build. "

edit: Nevermind I got it working. The reason the compiling thing was confusing me was because the App wasnt working when I isntalled it. It wasn't working because i tried changing the name of the files without updating everything else to go with it. Works good now, great app!
    Last edited by jimmyjtn; 2007-08-09 at 06:35 PM.
    2007-08-09 06:19 PM
    when i run the landscape version it just shows the default.png for a little while and crashes. anyone else have this problem?
    2007-08-09 07:51 PM
    Has to have a .nes extention for example: PUSHOUT.nes than once you get the file just download it and drag it.
    2007-08-09 08:47 PM
    juss one qstn,,,, can tha ROMs be in ZIP form?
    no
    unzip the .nes files

does anyone have sound yet?
    i just got NerveGas13 and they said there would be sound but its not working....

also

i want to run the new version, but is there anyway i can use the old style controller instead of the split one?

thanks

Ok, I need help on the ROM part of it, I dont get it. Can I use any nes rom I find on google or what. I tried downloading one and it didnt have the .nes extension that they are supposed to have I guess. I mean can someone say exactly what to type in google and what number link to press or is that too much cuz really have no effing clue where I am supposed to be getting the roms.
    If I was you looking for NES ROMs on GOOGLE i would be a HUSTLER
    or an OLD COMPUTER (please no ban)

NO MORE ROM REQUESTS
    BECAUSE I JUST MADE IT TOO EASY
    FIGURE IT OUT /caps
    Last edited by flippindude55; 2007-08-09 at 09:19 PM.
    2007-08-09 09:04 PM
    Anyone have details on changes made up to nervegas20?
    2007-08-09 10:12 PM
    read the read me
    2007-08-09 11:27 PM
    The first post will be updated with the newest NES Emulator
    2007-08-10 12:00 AM
    From this site - http://iphone.natetrue.com/ - Which version should we be using??? the NES Nervegas or the nesapp??????
    2007-08-10 12:18 AM
    how exactly do I get sound working..where is this .profile file. I'm guessing the couple lines in the readme have to be added to that, then sound can be easily enabled, disabled in the terminal with "sound" or "nosound" ...is that correct?
    2007-08-10 01:14 AM
    Hi I've got a quick question..

Is there any downside to enabling sound? What does killing MediaServer do?
    Sent from my iPhone
    2007-08-10 01:26 AM

If I was you looking for NES ROMs on GOOGLE i would be a HUSTLER
    or an OLD COMPUTER (please no ban)

NO MORE ROM REQUESTS
    BECAUSE I JUST MADE IT TOO EASY
    FIGURE IT OUT /caps
    haha thanks, I found them. When I was a hustler I couldn't find any available but when I was an old computer I got some.
    2007-08-10 02:26 AM
230 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.