User Tag List

are you using weiSMS by mistake?
    2007-12-30 05:43 AM
    Check your International settings, and keyboard, uncheck Japanese.
    2007-12-30 08:15 AM
    Nevermind! I got it! Thanks, but sometimes I get so involved in this that I forget the little things and the easy settings silly me!

I got the settings back and now I can get back on testing other apps

Laterz,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=
    2007-12-30 08:33 AM
    I don't see in what way the beta 3 version is different from the beta 2. Auto-capitalisation still isn't working. When typing a message and you go back to the springboard and back again to the message, you cannot add any text. Still no option to make smsd the default sms app. Adding multiple recepients still is a time consuming task. Grtz.
    2007-12-30 10:26 AM
    I don't see in what way the beta 3 version is different from the beta 2. Auto-capitalisation still isn't working. When typing a message and you go back to the springboard and back again to the message, you cannot add any text. Still no option to make smsd the default sms app. Adding multiple recepients still is a time consuming task. Grtz.
    I've the same problem for version 0.1. While halfway through typing an sms, I press home button to return to spring board and then click on SMSD to return, I am not able to enter any text into the sms content area.

But I have a work around: tap the contact field and then tap into to the sms content area, the cursor will be displayed and I can continue entering my sms message.
    2007-12-30 03:55 PM
    Hello,

Happy new year everyone.

I have uploaded a new (v0.01beta4) on http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com.

Please try it out and let me know if you see any issues:
    Fixes from last beta:
    * Deleting message from conversation was crashing.
    * Auto capitalization
    * Localization (inspired by iSMS.. good job guys! if you want to translate in your language, please get the resource file in http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com)
    * Keyboard vanishes after resume.
    * Fix : Adding many contacts to "To:" crashes

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Last edited by rumple; 2008-01-01 at 02:36 PM.
    2008-01-01 02:22 PM
    Thanks Amrut!

I can confirm the fixes you listed. The "About" button though returns me to my springboard.

I hope you're near to getting the conversation view look like the stock SMS app (w/o the ">" button and just tap on the bubble for the options to appear, with CALL and CONTACT INFO buttons.)

Thank you for the time and effort you spend to make this app available to us.
    2008-01-01 04:32 PM
    Thanks Amrut!

I can confirm the fixes you listed. The "About" button though returns me to my springboard.

I hope you're near to getting the conversation view look like the stock SMS app (w/o the ">" button and just tap on the bubble for the options to appear, with CALL and CONTACT INFO buttons.)

Thank you for the time and effort you spend to make this app available to us.
    Good catch. This why betas are importants . I will fix it in the next release.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    2008-01-01 09:33 PM
    Running the latest beta as of 1/1

A few things that could be corrected:
    1) Pressing Edit on the Inbox view brings up the delete icon but the messages do not shift right so the icon is directly over the text. The same is true for the Sent view
    2) Highlighting for names is only seen after the name is pushed. In MobileSMS the names for senders is highlighted when the name is hovered over and not necessarily pressed. Would just be nice
    3) Some lag when trying to scroll quickly through texts (could just be a hardware limitation)

A couple suggestions
    1) In the bubble view under the Conversations menu, make it so there is some kind of highlighting when you select a message so its easier to see what you have selected (difficult when you have many consecutive one-line messages)
    2) A "Call" button next to the senders name
    3) A few basic preset templates for the lazy
    2008-01-02 02:25 AM
    Hi, I installed beta4. I noticed that the bubble conversations are not listed in the correct time order. My latest SMS conversation is listed in the 4th from the top.
    2008-01-02 02:45 AM
    hey amrut,
    in stock sms app whenever there is a phone number in sms received its highlighted and we can click it to call the contact but in smsd we cannot. Also whenever there is a phone number in sms received there is a blue dot which leads you to a menu to add that number to your contacts, call or send a message. It would be if you could highlight the phone number and when we click on it it opens a similar menu like in mobile smsd app. for more information see the attached images.

MobileSMS.app

SMSD Latest version

thanks

hey,
    whenever i open a message in inbox and click the trash box and then the delete message option, the app freeze for 15-20 seconds and then crashes to springboard. i am using 0.1 beta4.Hope it helps you develop the app in a better way

thanks
    Last edited by eternal; 2008-01-02 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-02 10:31 AM
    Hello,
    i've dowloaded de .rar file of 0.1 beta4 and put the files winspc
    After reboot, when i lauch smsd it freeze and crash after 10s.
    So i deleted the files, and after reboot the iphone sms app does'nt work anymore ! White screen end crash..

Plz help !
    2008-01-02 11:53 AM
    Hi,

I'm quite fond of the new beta. A couple of suggestions are inside I would have had with the 1.0 Version.

Also I did a localization to german. Would you like to get it?

Bugs:
    - Conversations: There is one huge Conversation. If I open it in SMSD it crashes. All other Conversations are working fine. Cannot find out why.
    - Localization: If you create a new sms the "To" string is not localizable
    - Graphical: The small tip at the bottom of a bubble always points to right (I don't care about this, just something I found)

Suggestion:
    - Number of SMS: I'm a multipart sms writer up to some hundred characters. What I would need is a counter for the number of sms used for large sms in addition to the character count. Something like:
    "Character Count: 175 SMS Count: 2"

Thanks for your tool, I'm quite fond of it!

Sebastian
    2008-01-03 10:14 AM
    Hi,

I'm quite fond of the new beta. A couple of suggestions are inside I would have had with the 1.0 Version.

Also I did a localization to german. Would you like to get it?

Bugs:
    - Conversations: There is one huge Conversation. If I open it in SMSD it crashes. All other Conversations are working fine. Cannot find out why.
    - Localization: If you create a new sms the "To" string is not localizable
    - Graphical: The small tip at the bottom of a bubble always points to right (I don't care about this, just something I found)

Suggestion:
    - Number of SMS: I'm a multipart sms writer up to some hundred characters. What I would need is a counter for the number of sms used for large sms in addition to the character count. Something like:
    "Character Count: 175 SMS Count: 2"

Thanks for your tool, I'm quite fond of it!

Sebastian

Are you using v0.1beta4? How big was the conversation when it crashed? You can send Germal localization to [email protected] and I will include it in the next release.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    2008-01-03 01:53 PM
    yes, I'm using beta4

the conversation is around 800 sms long ;-)

I'll send the localization

thanks + keep up the good work

Sebastian
    2008-01-03 06:45 PM
    Hello,

I have released a new version of SMSD (v0.2). It will be available in installer.app soon (in a day or two) or you can download it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com

This version has following changes:

* New Feature : Search (Names as well as text)
    * New Feature : Conversations.
    * New Feature : Localization. (Only English and German supported as of now)
    * New Feature : Delete messages from list.
    * New Feature : Delete All messages from (inbox, sent, search) list.
    * Fix : Sync with MobileSMS icon.
    * Fix : Adding lots of contacts to To: field used to crash.
    * Fix : Keyboard vanishes after resuming.
    * Fix : Keyboard placement on compose screen.
    * Fix : Fast opening.
    * Fix : Startup crash incase of large number of SMS.
    * Fix : Long Unicode messages were garbled.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Also, you can donate for the future development of this app at paypal: [email protected]

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    2008-01-04 09:16 AM
    Amrut:

I have briefly tested version 0.2 and find it stable. I hope you can implement the following in your next release:

- conversation view sorted by time/date.
    - conversation view looks and functions the same way as the default app (tapping on the bubble pops an option screen to delete, forward, forward to template, forward to email and cancel. To reply, a space for replying is in the bottom of screen like in default SMS app.

Thanks for your effort and time in developing this app!
    2008-01-04 10:58 AM
    I would like you implement eternal's features too.

Thanks!
    2008-01-04 03:27 PM
    excellent app Amrut, I've just dontated

Can I add a few suggestions:
    - The ability to sort the order by time or name in the list views, useful when I want to deleted some but not all texts from an individual.
    - The ability to save individual texts to notepad, useful when reference information is sent to me
    - Display the total number of texts in inbox, sent, templates and converations.

I have hundreds of texts and need some easy way to delete them but keep the ones I especially like by sender. the ability to sort and select for delete would be very useful
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-01-04 at 04:15 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-01-04 04:07 PM
    Hey there!

Love the app, have been updating right along with you

However, noticed in the newest version, when I sent email backups of SMSs, they didn't come through.

They were full of $ symbols, but no body.

Cheers for the great app tho'
    2008-01-04 05:36 PM
307 1234513 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD