New version of iDialer, incorporates kDialer phone # searching and WMP Smart Dial Contact name searching.

Can search Contacts, Recent Calls or both.
    Can match Names, Numbers or both.

Has preferences for starting in desired mode, setting startup search and match modes, and disabling number formatting.

Find on MMi Installer repository.
    Attached Thumbnails iDialer v2.0-idialer2.0.jpg   iDialer v2.0-idialer2.0prefs.jpg  
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-07-31 at 05:44 AM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2007-12-31 10:31 AM
    Thanks. Excellent one.
    2007-12-31 11:16 AM
    Thank you.

Thanks to poetic_folly, this is now available on the MMI Installer Source.
    Pocket-sized Development
    2007-12-31 10:24 PM
    Only thing I can't figure out is, when it says 1/5 results, how do I move to the next results?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-12-31 10:28 PM
    Press the +Contacts button to move to the next result.
    Also, if you continue to type matching the current result, that will cause the next result to come up.
    Pocket-sized Development
    2007-12-31 11:32 PM
    Is this worth replacing the original dialer?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-31 11:46 PM
    I don't have features to show Recent Calls, or access Contacts or add new Contacts, or access VoiceMail.

I think it depends on how much you dial versus receive calls, but then, I am probably biased
    Pocket-sized Development
    2008-01-01 12:03 AM
    thanks NetMage for this perfect release! incorporating kdialer into idialer even makes the user experience so much sweeter. most of all, thank you for incorporating the full WM name+number smart dial!

this IS the perfect replacement for the stock dialer. makes dialing so much quicker than scrolling a long rolodex. this makes for a perfect permanent replacement for any app/icon on the front page springboard real estate.
    2008-01-01 04:56 AM
    HI, this sounds like a great app but after installing it from the installer on my 1.1.1 iphone, and launching it, the showed the loading..... but then keeps crashing back to the home screen.

Is it because I have over 1500 contacts? Is it possible to do something about this? Thanks.

Cheers and Happy New Year.
    2008-01-01 11:27 AM
    Thanks! Works fine on my 1.1.1 phone.

Some suggestions:

-When a call fails using iDialer, the screen returns to the default phone app. Maybe an option to either return to the default phone app or iDialer.

-Matching letter highlight is not very discernible. Highlighting can be made stronger.

-Could use a better icon.

Thanks a lot for putting effort in coming up with this very useful app!
    Happy New Year!!!
    2008-01-01 12:14 PM
    Very very good I'll use this.
    2008-01-01 06:59 PM
    It is one of the apps that I wished to have....
    It is awesome that we have this smart dialer. Thank you.

however it takes a while to load

Is it just me? Is there a trick so that once you click the icon the app starts right up?

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!
    2008-01-01 08:16 PM
    Is this a replacement of the default dialer or another app on home screen?

soda
    2008-01-02 07:30 PM
    It can take a while to load if you have a lot of Contacts.

It is not a replacement for the default dialer - I don't think I have the fortitude to duplicate Apple's Contacts/Recent Calls and VoiceMail apps.

If there were an easy way to hook into the MobilePhone app to replace portions, that would be different. But I don't think that is too easy.

Unfortunately that is due to the tel: URL I am using for dialing. The same thing should happen when you dial a web page number, I think I will need Apple's SDK to know a better way to dial #s.

I can adjust the highlighting, but I was trying to avoid using colors that would conflict with the custom dialpad's (like Armadillo's that I use) that expect the bright white the standard dialer uses. Maybe I will add some color pickers

What would you like to see in a better icon?

Thanks! Works fine on my 1.1.1 phone.

Some suggestions:

-When a call fails using iDialer, the screen returns to the default phone app. Maybe an option to either return to the default phone app or iDialer.

-Matching letter highlight is not very discernible. Highlighting can be made stronger.

-Could use a better icon.

Thanks a lot for putting effort in coming up with this very useful app!
    Happy New Year!!!
    Yes, I am loading all phone #s in.

I think I must be creating too much garbage or leaking memory when loading.

I hope to be working on this over the weekend.

PS That's a lot of Contacts

HI, this sounds like a great app but after installing it from the installer on my 1.1.1 iphone, and launching it, the showed the loading..... but then keeps crashing back to the home screen.

Is it because I have over 1500 contacts? Is it possible to do something about this? Thanks.

Cheers and Happy New Year.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-01-02 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pocket-sized Development
    2008-01-02 07:53 PM
    i just installed idialer and it doesnt seem to work in my iphone.i have a 1.1.1.i wonder what the problem could be.it tries to load but goes back to the home screen after a while.
    2008-01-11 05:16 PM
    I only have 900 contacts and it takes 13 seconds to load iDialer (and kDialer). Way too long, IMHO.

--
    Mike
    2008-01-11 06:39 PM
    But it is working for you?

I think I am having a problem with all the processing I am doing to create in-memory indexes for the searching. And, I agree, that is way too long considering how fast the built-in Contacts launches.
    Pocket-sized Development
    2008-01-12 01:05 AM
    Please make a version of this that works with the touchmods VOIP app!
    2008-01-14 11:26 AM
    If iDialer is crashing, or if it is taking very long to launch, can you please try the version attached? Just copy it into the /Application/iDialer.app folder in place of the previous iDialer.

Let me know if it is faster or works instead of crashing.

Also, if you can launch it with SSH and send me the log output, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-07-31 at 05:41 AM.
    Pocket-sized Development
    2008-01-15 07:50 AM
    Thanks!

Tried it and it SEEM to be a bit faster than before but still slow. Thanks again!
    2008-01-18 10:54 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD