Do they add the Multimedia PayPerUse feature for free? And how much does it cost per message?
    Yep they added it free it costs 25cents per message, the guy i spoke to had no problem adding it he said "I dont know if its going to take lets see, hey it did ok is there anything else"
    2008-01-04 06:37 PM
    I can confirm it works with UK O2.

Settings can be found on the swirly site, but i shall post them here anyway.

MMSC: mmsc.mmso2.co.uk:8002
    Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080

Can't wait for the next update and hopefully the ability to receive pictures Keep up the great work guys!
    2008-01-04 08:00 PM
    Im having issues also.. So for att customers, i have to call them and have them add a .25 mms package for this to work? And then changing the settings on swirly mms? HELP!! im sooo lost
    2008-01-04 08:39 PM
    Ok, this is good. I had my service rep add the service yesterday and SwirlyMMS worked fine right after. Now it doesn't work anymore - Service Denied. I called up and he tells me there is a periodic "refresh" that's automated, setting my iPhone account settings to the default feature set (no MMS).

He tells me I should call customer service and do the "I have two phones and I need MMS on the non-iPhone" routine. No kidding, he actually describes the process listed in this thread. So, I'm on hold now. We'll see how this works.
    2008-01-05 01:40 AM
    there on to us at ATT....LOL
    2008-01-05 02:34 AM
    Ok, apparently (2 hours later on the phone) this is the way AT&T Wireless works with Apple iPhone plans:

The plan does not include MMS (we know this) but DOES include "Picture messaging" which to AT&T means the same thing. AT&T's system will automagically delete redundant services, so even if you get the "Multimedia messaging pay-per-use" added to your account, it's seen as redundant by the GOD MACHINE that no one at AT&T can alter and so will be deleted.

In other words, there is no way to add MMS to an iPhone account on AT&T. After 2+ hours on the phone, this is my understanding.

Oh, and %#$&*%^@!*&$%*@#%[email protected]#&@# AT&T up the $&#*@^$*@%^&^!!!!
    2008-01-05 02:53 AM
    Could it be that At&t is figuring out what everybody is doing. Yesterday I went to the local store to have the guy who sold me my iphone add the pay per use messaging. I gave him the story that I was going to use an old phone to send MMS. He added and it worked as soon as I left the store. I tried to use it today and now I'm getting the "Service denied" message. The Pay per use MMS feature is still listed on my account. Is anyone els eexperiencing this?
    2008-01-05 03:30 AM
    Hey, everyone (at&t customers) that wants to pay for MMS when you can do it for free by emailing the pic. I'm making a NEW app called "Phone.app" See what it does is call people but first you have to add me to your PayPal account and send me $.25 everytime you use my revolutionary app that calls people. Sound great? I know 80% of you would do it. Pay a Quarter to send a dopey pic when if you took the extra few seconds to just add the correct MMS email to your contacts and email it thus saving money and achieving the same goal...nah, keep payin to send pics. This is funny!
    2008-01-05 05:21 AM
    Hey, everyone (at&t customers) that wants to pay for MMS when you can do it for free by emailing the pic. I'm making a NEW app called "Phone.app" See what it does is call people but first you have to add me to your PayPal account and send me $.25 everytime you use my revolutionary app that calls people. Sound great? I know 80% of you would do it. Pay a Quarter to send a dopey pic when if you took the extra few seconds to just add the correct MMS email to your contacts and email it thus saving money and achieving the same goal...nah, keep payin to send pics. This is funny!

I'm happy it works for you...but I've emailed DOZENS of photos to various carriers, and all but one didn't work...and the one that did work got there about 24 hours later...yeah, that's real convenient...

I have no idea why Apple chose not to include MMS (as the whole world knows it), but this email solution doesn't work well...and some people have phones that can't send to an email address (so that throws out receiving a pic in email)...

The bottom line is that even if someone releases a perfect MMS app, unless ATT revamps thier system, it's not going to work for people like myself with just the one phone on an Iphone data plan.

I guess that for us we'll have to wait for a more viable solution.
    2008-01-05 06:03 AM
    Which carriers are ya having trouble with? There are a few alternates for most and then there's a go-between site for all carriers that works too. You're not the only person to have problems with this. I did too setting up which ones worked and with who. For example, Verizon customers, I've never had a problem with, but for T-Mobile it took a few tries.

I'm sure Apples gotten enough heat to include this in the next v2, but I'm very disappointed they've gone this long w/o tackling this simple project. How many Apple employees own the iPhone? Don't they ***** too? Just seems odd they left something so basic and simple out of this device. Same goes with a Video recorder, but I don't care too much about that as much as I do about being able to send/receive pics. Keep our eFingers crossed.
    2008-01-05 06:14 AM
    Which carriers are ya having trouble with? There are a few alternates for most and then there's a go-between site for all carriers that works too. You're not the only person to have problems with this. I did too setting up which ones worked and with who. For example, Verizon customers, I've never had a problem with, but for T-Mobile it took a few tries.

I'm sure Apples gotten enough heat to include this in the next v2, but I'm very disappointed they've gone this long w/o tackling this simple project. How many Apple employees own the iPhone? Don't they ***** too? Just seems odd they left something so basic and simple out of this device. Same goes with a Video recorder, but I don't care too much about that as much as I do about being able to send/receive pics. Keep our eFingers crossed.

alltel and verizon mostly...nothing seems to work...I keep getting some kind of mailer daemon error email back to my phone through my phones gmail account...just doesn't seem to work for me...if you have any suggestions I'm more than willing to give them a shot...
    2008-01-05 06:32 AM
    first of all, i'm on t-mobile, i already pay for regular text messages and so this program is AWESOME! and i'm SOOOO happy that the update happened SO amazingly fast. i think most of us end-users take for granted how much work has to be done to this stuff to make changes happen. last month i couldn't send MMS. Now i can. how much did i pay? nothing. pretty amazing.

second of all, if you're on AT&T, you can still get perfectly good use from this. maybe its just me, but i don't know the cell carrier of every person i ever might want to send a picture to. And so i'm sure 5 people are about to respond with "just ask your contact what carrier they use first, then send them an email, DUH", and while thats all fine and dandy, thats just another step. maybe some people don't mind spending a quarter to never have to deal with this step.

And, heres another senario: i have lots of friends that are on locally based mobile networks. many smaller mobile networks exist that are only based in 1 or 2 cities, and may not have all the fun stuff that the national carrier have. Now, imagine, if you will, that one of the people in question is my girlfriend, and she's the only one i really want to send MMS to. now, what if her little cell company doesn't do the email to sms forwarding. don't cha think that could be a just a teency tiny bit handy? 2 or 3 MMS a month to show my GF that i still care even though i'm out of town on business. you're saying thats NOT worth 50 or 75 cents?

NOW, even if you ignore all of that, this programmer is AWESOME for making this happen. If you think other people are silly for using this with AT&T, thats fine. But, there's no need to have post after post about WHY its silly. keep it to yourself. the rest of us want to talk about how the program works, how great it is (for t-mobile users especially), and how to help people having problems. if its not great for you, thats cool to. go check out another thread for a program that you DO use, and while you're there, tell the programmer thank you. In the meantime i'm gonna say (for the second time in this thread, though you probably missed it amongst all this garbage) THANK YOU SWIRLY PEEPS. This program RAWKS!
    2008-01-05 08:05 AM
    Ok, a little update.
    I'm an AT&T User and used the settings posted on the official site.

I have to have my quality setting on LOW.

For some reason I am not able to send pictures that were taken from my camera, or else my friend won't see the picture (all that gets shown is a butterfly with a white "X" in the lower right corner), but I was able to successfully send a quick drawing I did with the Sketch app.
    That sent fast, and was received fast as well.

I am still playing with this, so I'll report back my findings.

---++ EDIT ++---

I have a feeling different providers have different image sizes they allow.

When sending a picture taken from my camera to my friend who has TMobile I need to have the Image Size on "Minimum"
    2008-01-05 08:20 AM
    Hello everyone!

I think I posted this question in the other forum about the fact that for me the first version of the MMS was working fine and fast. I just wanted to know why is that with the 2nd vers. out, I can't seem to make it work and from what I see lots of people have major problems with it.

Is it any way that I can get the (1) first version back so I can put it on my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Later,
    RaMod

ps: I am on AT&T
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=
    2008-01-05 05:53 PM
    Ok, a little update.
    I'm an AT&T User and used the settings posted on the official site.

I have to have my quality setting on LOW.

For some reason I am not able to send pictures that were taken from my camera, or else my friend won't see the picture (all that gets shown is a butterfly with a white "X" in the lower right corner), but I was able to successfully send a quick drawing I did with the Sketch app.
    That sent fast, and was received fast as well.

I am still playing with this, so I'll report back my findings.

---++ EDIT ++---

I have a feeling different providers have different image sizes they allow.

When sending a picture taken from my camera to my friend who has TMobile I need to have the Image Size on "Minimum"
    I just tried this and it worked! ATT can send pic messages, I'm going to contact the people and tell them this.
    2008-01-05 08:48 PM
    first of all, i'm on t-mobile, i already pay for regular text messages and so this program is AWESOME! and i'm SOOOO happy that the update happened SO amazingly fast. i think most of us end-users take for granted how much work has to be done to this stuff to make changes happen. last month i couldn't send MMS. Now i can. how much did i pay? nothing. pretty amazing.

second of all, if you're on AT&T, you can still get perfectly good use from this. maybe its just me, but i don't know the cell carrier of every person i ever might want to send a picture to. And so i'm sure 5 people are about to respond with "just ask your contact what carrier they use first, then send them an email, DUH", and while thats all fine and dandy, thats just another step. maybe some people don't mind spending a quarter to never have to deal with this step.

And, heres another senario: i have lots of friends that are on locally based mobile networks. many smaller mobile networks exist that are only based in 1 or 2 cities, and may not have all the fun stuff that the national carrier have. Now, imagine, if you will, that one of the people in question is my girlfriend, and she's the only one i really want to send MMS to. now, what if her little cell company doesn't do the email to sms forwarding. don't cha think that could be a just a teency tiny bit handy? 2 or 3 MMS a month to show my GF that i still care even though i'm out of town on business. you're saying thats NOT worth 50 or 75 cents?

NOW, even if you ignore all of that, this programmer is AWESOME for making this happen. If you think other people are silly for using this with AT&T, that's fine. But, there's no need to have post after post about WHY its silly. keep it to yourself. the rest of us want to talk about how the program works, how great it is (for t-mobile users especially), and how to help people having problems. if its not great for you, that's cool to. go check out another thread for a program that you DO use, and while you're there, tell the programmer thank you. In the meantime i'm gonna say (for the second time in this thread, though you probably missed it amongst all this garbage) THANK YOU SWIRLY PEEPS. This program RAWKS!
    That's fine. No one is bashing the app. Everyone has thanked the developer. NO ONE should have to pay extra to use ANY mms app. Now if you're ok with wasting money, good, keep THAT to yourself and go about your business. This constant GARBAGE of trying to make excuses as to why its OK to pay extra for an mms service is asinine when we have an unlimited package. at&t users should just suck-it-up and pay a quarter per pic and just smile and thank everyone? Beat it! There's an alternate way thats free to get the same thing accomplished and if you or anyone else wants to add more ridiculous crap to this thread about how we all should just accept the moronic you all can go kiss my _ _ s.
    Again, the developer and his work is awesome. Unfortunately for us at&t users its a pointless piece of code right now. Until its fixed or Apple updates us with a working all included MMS application I'm not gonna sit back and watch others get fooled into thinking its ok to waste money. Welcome to the Internet kid. Opinions may vary, so enjoy your stay.
    2008-01-05 10:20 PM
    I just tried this and it worked! ATT can send pic messages, I'm going to contact the people and tell them this.
    On a side note to what you said, I just sent a picture that my iPhone took and everything and then right after that I sent another picture that I drew on Sketches and the picture that was taken from my iPhone sent and was recieved!

EDIT: I just discovered that if you use these settings then everything will work and gets recieved on ATT:

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM (all caps)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (all caps)

EVERYTHING WORKS FOR ME!!!! w00t! ALL MESSAGES RECIEVED.
    Last edited by cmufan; 2008-01-05 at 11:30 PM.
    2008-01-05 11:18 PM
    On a side note to what you said, I just sent a picture that my iPhone took and everything and then right after that I sent another picture that I drew on Sketches and the picture that was taken from my iPhone sent and was recieved!

EDIT: I just discovered that if you use these settings then everything will work and gets recieved on ATT:

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM (all caps)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (all caps)

EVERYTHING WORKS FOR ME!!!! w00t! ALL MESSAGES RECIEVED.
    I am using precisely those settings on a 1.1.2 AT&T jailbroken iPhone and I get:

Failed to send MMS
    The Network reported: service denied
    2008-01-06 01:12 AM
    cmufan..> try setting your image setting to "Low" (2nd from the last) and then send a picture from your camera roll.

That should work as well.
    2008-01-06 01:13 AM
    I am using precisely those settings on a 1.1.2 AT&T jailbroken iPhone and I get:

Failed to send MMS
    The Network reported: service denied

Same here and ive set the size to low.. Ughhhh
    2008-01-06 01:26 AM
302 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD