im using t-mobile usa and i put in the setting and it still says unsupported protocol after sending a pic and these are the settings im using
    T-Mobile (USA)
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty
    im using 1.0.2 firmware anyhelp guys please everyone says this programm is bad assss
    2008-01-06 02:42 AM
    TO ALL ATT CUSTOMERS... THIS THREAD IS GOING NOWHERE...

All I see is a bunch of people saying this doesn't work or this does work, and speculating about settings, etc.etc..

The first thing you ALL need to do from a troubleshooting aspect is post all YOUR specifics...

1. What plan are you on? Family? Iphone data? MediaMAx data? etc.etc.

2. what add-ons do you have? MMS pay per use? etc.etc.

You all have to realize that it's not just this apps settings that you need to be concerned about...you can change those settings ALL YEAR long and NEVER get an MMS to go through if ATT's system won't let it. The first thing everyone needs to do is get a list together from the people for whom it works...then compare plans and features and find the common thread that the others who can't send MMS don't have...get that squared away first...then move on to local settings.
    2008-01-06 04:54 AM
    That's a good idea BrianJ.

1. I have the $20.00, 200 text messaging plan for AT&T (That's all I need )
    2. I don't have any add-ons.
    3. It isn't working for me.
    2008-01-06 05:19 AM
    1. $20.00 iPhone plan
    2. Unlimited texting (family plan)
    3. Recently started working for me, even though I called and had them disable picture texts because it was messing with the default method of letting me know I had a picture text.
    2008-01-06 05:21 AM
    myFaves for Families 1000 Plus
    Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile ($6.99)

Unlimited Messages for Families ($19.95)

BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on ($19.99
    2008-01-06 05:33 AM
    That's a good idea BrianJ.

1. I have the $20.00, 200 text messaging plan for AT&T (That's all I need )
    2. I don't have any add-ons.
    3. It isn't working for me.

Is this the Iphone Data plan, or the MediaMax data plan?

*ALL OTHERS PLEASE ADD THIS INFO AS WELL*

1. $20.00 iPhone plan
    3. Recently started working for me, even though I called and had them disable picture texts because it was messing with the default method of letting me know I had a picture text.
    So there are other phones on the plan...are they ALL iphone? No other Iphone?

*ALL OTHERS PLEASE ADD THIS INFO...*

myFaves for Families 1000 Plus
    Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile ($6.99)

Unlimited Messages for Families ($19.95)

BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on ($19.99

Please list the other phones on the family account...and is the MMS working for you?
    Last edited by BrianJ; 2008-01-06 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-06 05:37 AM

1. $20.00 iPhone plan

So there are other phones on the plan...are they ALL iphone? No other Iphone?
    This is the only iPhone on the plan. The original plan was the $20.00 unlimited data +200 texts, then upgraded to unlimited.
    I think they figured it was for 2 ordinary phones, and left picture messaging enabled, even after I requested they take it off.
    2008-01-06 05:40 AM
    OK...this is going to be hard to follow...so I have an easier way...

1. go to ATT.com

2. Log in to your account

3. Once you're logged in...click on "Rate Plan & Features" this will be located just under the main orange navigation bar at the top of the page.

4. Click on "View Rate Plan & Feature Detail"

5. Copy and paste all the info here...it should look something like this...

Nation 900 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes
    MONTHLY COST: $59.99

On your bill your rate plan will appear as: NTN900RUMMUNW

ANYTIME MINUTES 900
    NIGHT/WKND MINUTES Unlimited
    MOBILE TO MOBILE Unlimited

INCLUDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

900 Rollover Mins $0.00
    AT&T Domestic LD $0.00
    GSM Coverage Area $0.00
    Unlimited Expd M2M $0.00
    Unlimited N&W $0.00
    AT&T Direct Bill $0.00
    AT&T Roam LD $0.00

ADDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

Manage Features
    IPHONE DATA + 200 $20.00
    STANDARDINTLROAM $0.00

NOW...what you see above is MY plan...it's a standard one line Iphone plan. If you have only the Iphone on your account and you have the standard Iphone data plan, then this is what yours should look like. The reason we need to see this is because it shows ALL the services that are enabled on your account...we should be able to find the similar link between those that have this functionality, and those that do not.

ALSO, PLEASE POST ANY CHANGES YOU'VE MADE TO FEATURES ON YOUR ACCOUNT THAT WOULDN'T BE ON HERE YET...and whether or not they made a difference, etc.etc.

Sorry to the guys who've already posted...this way is much better as it uses ATT's language and not ours...this will keep everything consistent. Please re-post your plans...thanks!

Brian
    Last edited by BrianJ; 2008-01-06 at 06:06 AM.
    2008-01-06 06:03 AM
    <table class="tableGen" summary="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>ANYTIME MINUTES</td> <td align="right">700</td> </tr> <tr> <td>NIGHT/WKND MINUTES</td> <td align="right">Unlimited</td> </tr> <tr> <td>MOBILE TO MOBILE</td> <td align="right">Unlimited</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--FEATURES--> <!-- h1>Features</h1--> INCLUDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

<table class="tableGen" summary="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> AT&T Direct Bill</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> AT&T Domestic LD</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> AT&T Roam LD</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> GSM Coverage Area</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Rollover FM 700</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Unlimited Expd M2M</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Unlimited N&W</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    ADDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

<table class="tableGen" summary="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="right"></td> </tr> <tr> <td> EXPANDEDINTLROAM</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED</td> <td align="right"> $29.99 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> IPHONE DATA + 200</td> <td align="right"> $20.00</td></tr></tbody></table>
    2008-01-06 06:08 AM
    <table class="tableGen" summary="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>ANYTIME MINUTES</td> <td align="right">700</td> </tr> <tr> <td>NIGHT/WKND MINUTES</td> <td align="right">Unlimited</td> </tr> <tr> <td>MOBILE TO MOBILE</td> <td align="right">Unlimited</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!--FEATURES--> <!-- h1>Features</h1--> INCLUDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

<table class="tableGen" summary="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> AT&T Direct Bill</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> AT&T Domestic LD</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> AT&T Roam LD</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> GSM Coverage Area</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Rollover FM 700</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Unlimited Expd M2M</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Unlimited N&W</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    ADDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

<table class="tableGen" summary="" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="right"></td> </tr> <tr> <td> EXPANDEDINTLROAM</td> <td align="right"> $0.00 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED</td> <td align="right"> $29.99 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> IPHONE DATA + 200</td> <td align="right"> $20.00</td></tr></tbody></table>
    OK...this is what I wanted to see...now for some others to do the same...

Immediately I see that you have the Iphone data AND the Family plan...this family plan (so far) has seemed to be the key...in my troubleshooting with the ATT technician, we found that having that enabled seemed to "over-ride" some of the iphone data stuff, such as MMS capabilities.

Still early to tell, but it's an observation...have to wait for others to share what they have and start comparing what's different...
    2008-01-06 06:23 AM
    I do too have the family plan right now... and out of no where it just started working for me too.
    2008-01-06 06:29 AM
    That's fine. No one is bashing the app. Everyone has thanked the developer. NO ONE should have to pay extra to use ANY mms app. Now if you're ok with wasting money, good, keep THAT to yourself and go about your business. This constant GARBAGE of trying to make excuses as to why its OK to pay extra for an mms service is asinine when we have an unlimited package. at&t users should just suck-it-up and pay a quarter per pic and just smile and thank everyone? Beat it! There's an alternate way thats free to get the same thing accomplished and if you or anyone else wants to add more ridiculous crap to this thread about how we all should just accept the moronic you all can go kiss my _ _ s.
    Again, the developer and his work is awesome. Unfortunately for us at&t users its a pointless piece of code right now. Until its fixed or Apple updates us with a working all included MMS application I'm not gonna sit back and watch others get fooled into thinking its ok to waste money. Welcome to the Internet kid. Opinions may vary, so enjoy your stay.
    No one is making excuses, and no one is being fooled. its NOT a "pointless piece of code" (even for at&t customers, although they don't benefit as much, i believe in my previous thread i named multiple scenarios where it could be handy), and i think most of us can agree that waiting for apple to step up to the plate is completely and utterly pointless (although i also have my fingers crossed to get some much needed things officially fixed). everyone already knows that you can email pics to cell phones. everyone also already knows that if you're on AT&T you'll have to pay an extra quarter. if they want to express the fact that this is okay with them, thats great. thats what the thread is for: positive feedback to encourage the community and developers, and trouble shooting to help those in need of assistance, not reiterating the negative that everyone is already aware of. the only one filling the thread with garbage is you, having yourself a little temper tantrum, and reiterating the previously stated.
    and contrary to what you've just stated, you WERE undermining the app and the hard work the developer put into it, IMHO. i mean maybe its just me, but i don't think that calling the end result of many hours of hard work and coding "pointless," is a very positive thing, especially after an update to make the highest demanded feature work after only a few weeks of the initial release, and not making a penny off of it. but, it can really be seen in the sarcasm of your previous post, where you seem to state that this app doesn't do anything more than the built-in phone app, compare the programmer (and/or AT&T) to a con-artist trying to swindle people's money via paypal, and undermine the intelligence of the entire community as a whole by saying that 80% of us would be happy to do this, then attempting to make it sound well intended by wrapping it up with a "this is funny":

Hey, everyone (at&t customers) that wants to pay for MMS when you can do it for free by emailing the pic. I'm making a NEW app called "Phone.app" See what it does is call people but first you have to add me to your PayPal account and send me $.25 everytime you use my revolutionary app that calls people. Sound great? I know 80% of you would do it. Pay a Quarter to send a dopey pic when if you took the extra few seconds to just add the correct MMS email to your contacts and email it thus saving money and achieving the same goal...nah, keep payin to send pics. This is funny!
    the one thing we do seem to agree on is that there's a lot of garbage in this thread. we disagree on the source, but that's regardless. that said, i will not contribute further to the nonsense, and no matter what your response is to this, and how much profanity you need to use (and how much belittling you need to do by calling names such as "kid") in order to make your point, i will not respond again. BrianJ has a fantastic point, and has moved this thread in the proper direction. i suggest everyone listen to him and ignore this nonsense.

thanks swirly! i just sent another MMS and it worked great and didn't cost me a penny! keep releasing that "pointless code" of yours! i'm looking forward to the pointless update!
    Last edited by b3nny; 2008-01-06 at 07:28 AM.
    2008-01-06 07:05 AM
    On your bill your rate plan will appear as: NATP900RUMMUNW

ANYTIME MINUTES 900
    NIGHT/WKND MINUTES Unlimited
    MOBILE TO MOBILE Unlimited

INCLUDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

AT&T Direct Bill $0.00
    AT&T Domestic LD $0.00
    AT&T Roam LD $0.00
    GSM Coverage Area $0.00
    Unlimited N&W $0.00
    900 Rollover Mins $0.00
    Unlimited Expd M2M $0.00

ADDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

Manage Features
    200 Anytime Minutes $0.00
    7PM-7AMNight/Wknds $8.99
    IPHONE DATA + UNL $40.00
    StandardIntlDial $0.00
    Upgrade $0.00
    Upgrade Fee $0.00
    West VIP BonusMinTrk $0.00
    Other Monthly Charges
    This is my plan. I cannot send MMS on ver2 Swirly due to the Service being denied (as I mentioned before.) I'll try to get the family plan added and we'll see how that goes.
    2008-01-06 11:31 AM
    Pay a quarter per pic and skip the free way. Genius. If you ever need ice cubes in Antarctica hit me up. I'll sell ya some cheap.

I might just have to put a signature at the bottom of every post in this thread re-stating that I commend the develpor of this app for all of his hard work but think anyone that pays $.25 to send a pic while a free way is available is just dumb. Yes, if you pay $.25/pic and accept that as good judgement, then my opinion of you or anyone for that matter, is that you're morons. Maybe they should incorporate a new sound to tell you that the pic was sent. I was thinking "CHA-CHING" would be perfect.

I'm done. Hannum, (P.T. Barnums assistant) was right. "There's a sucker born every minute."

Lets see how many months til Apple releases a working MMS app. The over/under is +6.
    2008-01-06 08:29 PM
    Pay a quarter per pic and skip the free way. Genius. If you ever need ice cubes in Antarctica hit me up. I'll sell ya some cheap.

I might just have to put a signature at the bottom of every post in this thread re-stating that I commend the develpor of this app for all of his hard work but think anyone that pays $.25 to send a pic while a free way is available is just dumb. Yes, if you pay $.25/pic and accept that as good judgement, then my opinion of you or anyone for that matter, is that you're morons. Maybe they should incorporate a new sound to tell you that the pic was sent. I was thinking "CHA-CHING" would be perfect.

I'm done. Hannum, (P.T. Barnums assistant) was right. "There's a sucker born every minute."

Lets see how many months til Apple releases a working MMS app. The over/under is +6.
    Again, that "free way" DOES NOT work for everyone, myself included...

I will not pay .25 for an MMS either...the point here is to see what each person has on their plan and find the common link...because alot of people who are using this app. are able to send MMS WITHOUT the .25 pay per use plan. Of the people I've talked to so far, the family plan is the link...it seems that it enables MMS for the ENTIRE account, which overides the "no MMS" feature on the iphone data plan...but I want to be sure, cause I only have the one phone so I'm not paying for an extra family plan so I can have MMS...

Here's what I have so far...

1. I believe you can have "free" MMS with this app on att if you get rid of the Iphone data plan and go with the standard MediaMax plan, the one all other phones use....HOWEVER, this WILL make your visual voicemail AS WELL AS ANY VOICEMAIL NOTIFICATION to stop functioning...not a good tradeoff for me.

2. It seems it will also work if you have a family plan which shares features, such as unlimited MMS/text...it seems those setting overide the iphone data plan settings. Also, not a feasible trade-off for me...

3. Adding .25 pay per use to your one line iphone account will also work...too high of a cost for me.

If more people would respond with their plan details we could narrow this down and MAYBE find a possible solution for everyone, maybe not. But we won't know till more people respond.
    2008-01-06 10:01 PM

I think I speak for all the suckers when I say, thank you for your input. I hope you have said what you needed to and that will be the end of it. Thanks.
    2008-01-06 10:34 PM
    just want to say thanks again. Working perfectly on my ATT jailbroken phone. I also dont need to pay the 25 cent fee per message cause I'm using a plan other then the iPhone plan. Thanks again!!
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo
    2008-01-07 01:56 AM
    just want to say thanks again. Working perfectly on my ATT jailbroken phone. I also dont need to pay the 25 cent fee per message cause I'm using a plan other then the iPhone plan. Thanks again!!

OK...so what plan are you on??? Can you get the details from the ATT site as shown above? I'm trying to verify what everyone has and what works and what doesn't...

Also, are you the only phone on your account?

If you're not on the Iphone data plan, then your visual voicemail can't be working...

Also, you shouldn't be recieving ANY voicemail notifications...you can still check voicemail the old fashion way by calling it...but you won't know you have a voicemail till you do, as it won't tell you on your phone...

Please respond with the details...
    2008-01-07 06:18 AM
    Any updates, folks? I'm going to try adding this family SMS plan today, but I wish I knew more before I pulled the trigger.
    2008-01-07 08:28 PM
    well i have a jailbroke phone using the media max 200 package which includes unlimited data and 200 messages. I also added the 5 dollar unlimited mobile to mobile texting. Im on the add a line plan. I dont get the visual voicemail, but i do get the number if i have a voicemail. Like say i have 2 voicemails, the number two will be above the voicemail icon.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo
    2008-01-07 11:06 PM
302 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD