well i have a jailbroke phone using the media max 200 package which includes unlimited data and 200 messages. I also added the 5 dollar unlimited mobile to mobile texting. Im on the add a line plan. I dont get the visual voicemail, but i do get the number if i have a voicemail. Like say i have 2 voicemails, the number two will be above the voicemail icon.
    I believe the Media Max 200 is what's allowing you to MMS...I didn't get a notification on my voicemail like you are, but that may have been somethingon my end...thanks for the confirmation...
    2008-01-08 02:56 AM
    so how do i get the mms thing to work on my 1.1.2...mms v2...i live in New York, and have AT&T?
    what settings do i use, and what do i type in, because i've tried alot and i get the Failed to send mms, mms cannot be sent right now since edge is not availible. please review your mms an/or edge apn settings, or wait a while if settings are correct...
    2008-01-08 05:52 AM
    Great app, and I got it to work with my Rogers GSM here in Canada.

One issue I have is that there is not a seperate folder or place to store your wireless access apn or even an option to swap back and forth between the two. I was hoping you'd do a seperate profile for the mms.

Basically I've got to manually re enter the information every time I want to switch between my email and mms when I'm outside of a wifi connection.

Just a suggestion for the future. Include some type of switching or independant profile from the general apn settings for wap.

I'll keep an eye on this.. you are definately working the right path.
    Hmm, I'm not sure I follow... In v0.2 we introduced MMS-specific APN settings to solve this very problem. Do you configure those settings in SwirlyMMS?

/Tommy
    I think this may be an isolated case. I am also using this app on Rogers (Canada) and don't seem to have the same problem. The MMS specific APN stays as it should within the app. When I go to Settings>Network>Edge I see my proper APN for Rogers Edge. The app changes nothing in this section. Everything is contained in the MMS settings like it should.
    2008-01-08 06:08 AM
    so how do i get the mms thing to work on my 1.1.2...mms v2...i live in New York, and have AT&T?
    what settings do i use, and what do i type in, because i've tried alot and i get the Failed to send mms, mms cannot be sent right now since edge is not availible. please review your mms an/or edge apn settings, or wait a while if settings are correct...

I'm not sure what settings you'll need on the MMS application side...but as for the ATT side of things you are going to need to be on a family plan, OR request that the Iphone Data plan be replaced with the MediaMax 200 plan. A third option MAY be to add the .25 pay per use feature...although I have not confirmed this myself.
    2008-01-08 06:39 AM
    My NEW plan. Now SwirlyMMS works fine. Effing AT&T.

It's much more expensive, by about $40 a month, but MMS works fine now (for sending, obviously) with the mmsc.cingular.com address and the usual .032 IP - no APN needed.

FamilyTalk Nation 700 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes
    MONTHLY COST: $60.00

On your bill your rate plan will appear as: FT9NTN700RUMMUNW

ANYTIME MINUTES 700
    NIGHT/WKND MINUTES Unlimited
    MOBILE TO MOBILE Unlimited

INCLUDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

700 Rollover Mins $0.00
    AT&T Direct Bill $0.00
    AT&T Domestic LD $0.00
    AT&T Roam LD $0.00
    GSM Coverage Area $0.00
    InternetPayPerUse Per Unit
    Primary Line $0.00
    Unlimited Expd M2M $0.00
    Unlimited N&W $0.00

ADDED FEATURES
    MONTHLY COST

Manage Features
    200 Anytime Minutes $0.00
    7P-7A NT/WKNDS SHRD $16.99
    FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED $29.99
    IPHONE DATA + UNL $40.00
    StandardIntlDial $0.00
    Upgrade $0.00
    Upgrade Fee $0.00
    West VIP BonusMinTrk $0.00
    Other Monthly Charges
    2008-01-09 03:27 AM
    My NEW plan. Now SwirlyMMS works fine. Effing AT&T.

It's much more expensive, by about $40 a month, but MMS works fine now (for sending, obviously) with the mmsc.cingular.com address and the usual .032 IP - no APN needed.

Manage Features
    200 Anytime Minutes $0.00
    7P-7A NT/WKNDS SHRD $16.99
    FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED $29.99
    IPHONE DATA + UNL $40.00
    StandardIntlDial $0.00
    Upgrade $0.00
    Upgrade Fee $0.00
    West VIP BonusMinTrk $0.00
    Other Monthly Charges

I think you could change the Iphone Data + UNL to Iphone Data 200...this would save you $20 per month...I beieve the Family MSG Unlimited should allow the Iphone unlimited MMS/SMS as well...migh want to check with ATT, but these two unlimited plans should be redundant...
    2008-01-09 08:03 AM
    I think you could change the Iphone Data + UNL to Iphone Data 200...this would save you $20 per month...I beieve the Family MSG Unlimited should allow the Iphone unlimited MMS/SMS as well...migh want to check with ATT, but these two unlimited plans should be redundant...
    My rep suggested that to me, but I wanted to wait til tomorrow to see if I lose everything to the 5AM service wipe (as I did with the pay-as-you-go MMS service). Thanks for the suggestion.

I wish I had the name of the idiot Tech person who insisted this was impossible. I would love to send her some choice MMS pics from my iPhone.

Apparently the receipt of MMS messages is hit and miss. My friend with a RAZR V3XX recieves my MMS pics (just an iphone desktop pic) and it tells her "image too large" even though I've selected the smallest pic size.
    Last edited by grinr; 2008-01-09 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-09 11:45 AM
    I see a lot of people really bashing this app and the costs of sending MMS in there particular region, remember it was developed in Europe and there are a lot of users here used to sending MMS and unhappy that the stock iphone does not do that yet, especially when the plans they have with their service providers might already include MMS like mine does. so this application was made by them and for them, just be glad you have the choice to use it if it suits you and leave alone if does not.

Maybe apple will catch up with the phone part of the iphone one day soon, IMHO the rest of it is great but shame about the phone, unless of course you have modded the h*ll out of it with the help of people like the developers of this app, praise be to them
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-01-10 11:17 PM
    I seem to have lost the ability to recieve MMS messages, in the sense that I don't get the "someone has sent you a multimedia message - go to seemypics.com" or whatever message anymore. I've had at least 3 people send me MMS from different providers and I just get nothing now.
    2008-01-11 01:45 AM
    I seem to have lost the ability to recieve MMS messages, in the sense that I don't get the "someone has sent you a multimedia message - go to seemypics.com" or whatever message anymore. I've had at least 3 people send me MMS from different providers and I just get nothing now.
    Yep, that's what I said before.
    When you have it enabled there's a conflict and you won't receive those messages.
    Guess it's a price you pay.

To fix it, you need to call in, and have them disable it. Explain to them that the problem is on their site, and you need picture messaging disabled or you'll be on the phone for over an hour and be transfered 8 times.
    2008-01-11 02:06 AM
    I see a lot of people really bashing this app and the costs of sending MMS in there particular region, remember it was developed in Europe and there are a lot of users here used to sending MMS and unhappy that the stock iphone does not do that yet, especially when the plans they have with their service providers might already include MMS like mine does. so this application was made by them and for them, just be glad you have the choice to use it if it suits you and leave alone if does not.

Maybe apple will catch up with the phone part of the iphone one day soon, IMHO the rest of it is great but shame about the phone, unless of course you have modded the h*ll out of it with the help of people like the developers of this app, praise be to them
    I am with Rogers in Canada and the app works great. I can't wait till the next update comes out so we can receive mms. I think they said 3 weeks after the last update.
    2008-01-11 03:17 AM
    Let me just tell you what I found out when I called AT&T About a texting problem.

You know when you normally get texted a picture it texts you a link to www.viewmymessage.com
    Well, apparently if you have "MMS" enabled on your account you won't get this text message, because there's a conflict.

I wasn't getting that message after I had upgraded to unlimited texts, and after about an hour on the phone and being transfered to and from Apple and AT&T they disabled that, and I would receive the text message.

Now, for some reason I'm not receiving the message again, but now this application is "working" for me.

I wonder if the MMS feature on my plan got enabled again.

I have no clue, just thought I'd share my story.
    Sorry if it doesn't make sense, it's late.

I'm confused as to the outcome. Are you saying that if you get the MMS service added (as I have through the family plan workaround) you will not be able to recieve MMS at all (because the viewmymessage.com link won't be recieved?)

&^@# AT&T man. What a bunch of clunky bother.
    2008-01-11 03:26 AM
    Yep. That's what the woman working at Apple said.
    2008-01-11 03:30 AM
    I'm using O2-UK and I installed v0.2 it detected my settings which was cool and they seem ok but when I sent an MMS using medium size I got the following error message which I don't understand

Failed to send MMS
    unexpected http response,
    'application/vnd.wap.mms-message'
    missing

can anyone help?

I'm using the setting that the app auto selected on installation
    mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    193.113.200.195:8080
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-01-13 at 12:06 PM.
    2008-01-11 03:36 PM
    I'm using O2-UK and I installed v0.2 it detected my settings which was cool and they seem ok but when I sent an MMS using medium size I got the following error message which I don't understand

Failed to send MMS
    missing

can anyone help?

I'm using the setting that the app auto selected on installation
    mmsc.mmc.o2.co.uk:8002
    The settings I use are

It seems instead of mms you have mmc
    2008-01-12 01:11 PM
    does anyone know when the update will be available? On the website Swirly says they released a small update but i can find it on my installer. Thanks
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo
    2008-01-13 05:44 AM
    The settings I use are

It seems instead of mms you have mmc
    Thanks for your reply, however it was just a typo on my part in the post, my settings are correct but I still get the error I posted, has anyone else seen this

Failed to send MMS
    missing
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-01-13 at 12:10 PM.
    2008-01-13 12:08 PM
    are you using payg or contract? Have you ever sent an mms from that sim. What I had to do was have mms enabled then disabled on my account so I could send and recieve the mms text
    2008-01-13 01:51 PM
    Not sure if this had anything to do with it or not, but I thought I'd post. I have the program s Services on my iphone. With Wi-Fi turned off, I turned off Edge. After a minute of 2 I turned Edge back on (Wi-Fi was still off). A popup came up asking which service I had. AT&T, TMobile and something else were the choices. I picked AT&T, which is what I have. Can't remember if I rebooted the phone at this point or not, but when I went back into Swirly MMS and sent a new MMS, it went through for the first time and the picture was received on the other end. And it's been working ever since.
    2008-01-13 02:59 PM
    seems like my problem had nothing todo with swirlymms.

anyway, good news! we got it to work in Israel!

Cellcom -

Edge - leave blank
    MMSC: mms.cellcom.co.il
    Proxy: Vwapm2.ain.co.il:8080

APN: MMS
    Username: cellcom
    Password : leave blank
    Image size: Medium

OR

MMSC : http://mms.cellcom.co.il
    PROXY : 172.31.29.38:8080

APN : mms
    Username : cellcom
    Password : HyD43f

Orange -

EDGE - uinternet (or internet)

mmsc: 192.168.220.15/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 192.118.11.55:8080 (or 192.118.011.056:8080)

APN: uwap.orange.co.il (or Wap.orange.co.il)
    username: orange
    password: mobile54
    Last edited by DJO; 2008-01-14 at 09:52 AM.
    2008-01-13 06:47 PM
302 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD