The first version works for me, but with the second version it just loads that application screen for a while, then goes back to springboard. Files are in the correct place & permissions are set correctly.
    When I go back to the first version it load fine again.

@kmarco71: great port!
    2008-01-21 12:07 PM
    The first version works for me, but with the second version it just loads that application screen for a while, then goes back to springboard. Files are in the correct place & permissions are set correctly.
    When I go back to the first version it load fine again.

@kmarco71: great port!
    I had excactly the same problem. As I mentioned two posts up I put it into flightmode and it worked after that.
    2008-01-22 05:13 AM
    I had excactly the same problem. As I mentioned two posts up I put it into flightmode and it worked after that.
    I am using an iPod Touch and am having the same problem. What is flightmode?
    2008-01-22 05:51 AM
    Hello :-| I'm sorry to hear you got trouble with the last drop - I cannot repro it (I mean - I clean everything - then I copy under Application - set 0755 - and copy under Media - and everything works) - more info (if any) would be appreciated. Anyway I'm working to put a standard UI (with some option) before the game starts - and after that I'll try to create the xml file for installer. I hope this can be done before tomorrow morning and that can be solve installing problem (if problems are installing related...).

Just a question: is there anyone who could run the latest update?
    2008-01-22 08:59 AM
    yeah thanks, I saw that before posting, but I don't want to have to use flightmode.
    2008-01-22 01:50 PM
    i have the latest update works fine. theres 2 folders in the zip. one goes in the applications folder and one goes into var/root/media/ . make sure u 0755 the files as well. new version works great for me
    2008-01-22 05:33 PM
    I'm on a 1.1.2 iPhone and the latest version only works for me in flight mode. All permissions are correct.
    2008-01-22 06:56 PM
    ...you can find an update zip here: http://www.marcogiorgini.com/iPhone/Yeti_3D.zip

If you got time for a test, please let me know if now it works even NOT in flightmode.

One note: now this app has an initial screen. There you can select if you want to see or not the "virtual pad" (the white squares...) and you can choose if you want to game in Portrait or Landscape mode. Landscape still doesn't work (it gives a black screen - I'm still working on it). All the rest should run smooth

Thanks .-)

P.S. I'm trying to create a plist.xml for Installer - but I cannot load this http://www.marcogiorgini.com/iPhone/plist.xml - anybody out there can tell me what's wrong in it?

Thx :-D
    2008-01-23 01:20 AM
    That did the trick for me, it now runs without using flightmode, thanks. I also like hiding the controller. nice touch.

I'm running 1.1.2.
    2008-01-23 01:53 AM
    :-) - happy to hear that.
    I've re-upload the zip now (same name same place) - now it works even landscape mode.
    Going to sleep now - thank you for the quick try :-D
    2008-01-23 02:19 AM
    is this on the installer? if not can you put it on? if not how many things do I have to download and what order do i click the folder names (root, var, ect.) to get it manualy?
    2008-01-23 02:21 AM
    No, thts a different app
    2008-01-23 04:38 AM
    No - it's not on any installer - for the moment - sorry.
    Anyway it's easy to install - if you're used to copy file from/to your iPhone.
    Zip file here: http://www.marcogiorgini.com/iPhone/Yeti_3D.zip
    It contains two folders - Yeti3D.app that should be copied under /Applications (then Yeti3D file inside must be set to 0755) - and Yeti3Dfolder that should be copied under /var/root/Media/Yeti3Dfolder

I hope to find problem in my plist.xml file so to be able to ask for some Install source inclusion
    2008-01-23 08:24 AM
    kmarco71, the new version now runs perfectly on 112, thank you!

I like the settings options.

Good work!
    2008-01-23 03:36 PM

P.S. I'm trying to create a plist.xml for Installer - but I cannot load this http://www.marcogiorgini.com/iPhone/plist.xml - anybody out there can tell me what's wrong in it?

Thx :-D
    yeah, I put your source in installer and it downloaded all the way through, but when it tried installing, the "main script error" came up. is that what you were having problems with?
    -Ben
    2008-01-24 09:06 AM
    yes - exactly. Maybe I found the problem (but I cannot check it now): I'm using a PC - and I've zipped file and folder with 7-zip. Peeking inside the file with an hex editor I saw that 7-zip save folders with \ and not with / and it seems to me that this thing makes Installer thinking that Yeti3Dfolder is a file name - not a folder one :-| (I see that file in Media folder when Installing stops with an error...)

I'll try to zip again the files - and I'll test that .-|
    2008-01-24 04:25 PM
    A quick note about a new update of Yeti3D

- new UI with Health, Ammo and a map slice
    - now enemies move smoother and they got light from environment
    - now enemies can kick you (till you die)

Ah - now http://www.marcogiorgini.com/iPhone/plist.xml source works (it was the backslash issue in the zip that prevented this to work in the first place)
    This is the direct link for the zip file: http://www.marcogiorgini.com/iPhone/Yeti_3D.zip

BTW: this is STILL a work in progress - that means that there's still the same level, same gfx (I've asked some friends to work on that) and no new objects on the ground (so if you run out of ammo you won't find it anywhere - and when you're dead you're simply dead)

Anyway - if you want to give it a try - and to leave a comment I'll appreciate :-)
    2008-01-27 07:11 PM
    looks good, deffinatly needs ammo and new guns would be cool. i like how smooth the game runs, maybe a new d pad and buttons. keep up the great work
    2008-01-28 01:05 AM
    well, That was the problem because installer installs it fine now, for everyone who tried to download it that way just be sure to clean out installers temp folder via var/root/library/installer/temp and it should download and install now.

The game looks very promising and should be an impressive addition to your portfolio if you are ever looking for a job in programming, but then again that's probably what you already do, this is a little advanced to just be a "hobby" but if it is, then way to go man, you have some skill.
    -Ben
    2008-01-29 12:51 AM
    This is too freakin cool. I love it. Cant wait to see all the updates as they come.
    2008-01-29 03:17 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD