I've never owned a guitar, really cool app. I'll probably fool with it A LOT.
    2008-01-20 11:30 PM
    This is now available from the ModMyI community source on Installer.

shinya, hit me up with updates when you release them, and I'll get em popped on the repo quick as a cat. Thinking fret placement could be enlarged a bit, to make easier to play. I got small fingers and its still hard to play sometimes. Course its no Taylor... but its nice!
    Thanks for adding it! I'll let you know when the update is available.
    2008-01-21 05:00 AM
    I have compiled a list of suggestions for the application. I hope you check it out:

* = Should be a setting.
    1. Make bass sounds louder.
    2. *An option to decrease number of frets and make them more farther apart.
    3. *"Auto-Pluck" mode option - the string is plucked when you touch it on the fretboard. It would be less realistic compared to a real guitar, but you'll be able to play it with one hand and it will help you play faster phrases more accurately.
    4. Make the yellow volume bar more realistic.
    5. *Reverb and Chorus effecters.
    6. *Make plucking less sensitive (maybe as an option) - Instead of plucking when the string is touched, don't let it plucked until the finger is dragged.
    7. Move to any neck position (w/ realtime rubberband scrolling?).
    8. *Custom # of frets per neck position (3, 4, 5, etc).
    9. *Custom defaults (guitar type, # of frets, etc).
    10. *Support for barr chords & string bends.
    11. *Support for 3rd-party guitar types (samples).
    12. Recording/playback capabilities.
    13. *Themes (Frets, backgrounds, strings, etc.).
    14. *Palm muting.
    15. *Whamy/Tremolo bar.
    16. *Different tunings.
    17. Amplify headphone output (Currently too low, Almost inaudible).
    18. Fret markers on frets 3, 5, 7, 9, and 12.
    19. *Left handed option.
    20. PocketViolin.
    21. *Distortion pedals somewhere.

You should make an installer source that has more sounds, and themes. I would love to see this application reach it's full potential. I would be more than happy to give a hand with graphics.

I want to make the world's first iPhone band. A bass, and a guitar, with PocketGuitar, A piano, from the iAppADay source, and drums with BeatPhone. I would pay to see an iPhone/iPod Touch Band.
    Last edited by Stealth1029; 2008-01-21 at 04:29 PM.
    2008-01-21 06:01 AM
    I think Stealth1029 is onto the ideas for expanding this little beauty but there's 1 major thing missing.

Left Handed neck!

Think about the lefthand legends that have defined musical history - Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, Kurt Cobain, John Paul-Jones from Led Zep, Brian Jones from the Rolling Stones and many more i can't think of right now!

Don't forget the lefties, there might be a pocketguitar legend waiting to break through and redefine popular music again!

Oh, and to expand on the 'auto-pick' idea, you could use the plucking space to house little effects boxes, the user could select their own pedal combos and tap them on and off. Instead of the iphone dock it's an iphone pedal board!

Do a google for 'Amplitube' for ideas on great graphics in this area.
    I hope to see more updates soon! you've created a monster with the possibilities.

(what about a pocketviolin for those special moments? that would work well with an autopick)
    2008-01-21 06:28 AM
    I think Stealth1029 is onto the ideas for expanding this little beauty but there's 1 major thing missing.

Left Handed neck!

Think about the lefthand legends that have defined musical history - Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, Kurt Cobain, John Paul-Jones from Led Zep, Brian Jones from the Rolling Stones and many more i can't think of right now!

Don't forget the lefties, there might be a pocketguitar legend waiting to break through and redefine popular music again!

Oh, and to expand on the 'auto-pick' idea, you could use the plucking space to house little effects boxes, the user could select their own pedal combos and tap them on and off. Instead of the iphone dock it's an iphone pedal board!

Do a google for 'Amplitube' for ideas on great graphics in this area.
    I hope to see more updates soon! you've created a monster with the possibilities.

(what about a pocketviolin for those special moments? that would work well with an autopick)
    I just realized that, and was just about to add it. I can't forgret Hendrix, dude.
    Last edited by Stealth1029; 2008-01-21 at 05:24 PM.
    2008-01-21 06:37 AM
    Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow i tried this thats awsome, you should try it.... A+++
    2008-01-21 07:38 AM
    i keep getting "main script execution failed!" error in installer.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."
    2008-01-21 09:39 AM
    hammer-on don't seem to work, but a good start and thanks!
    2008-01-21 11:47 AM
    Cool app...
    my recommendations:
    1. Fewer frets...feels sort of like a mandolin right now.
    2. Maybe move volume to settings menu...I keep hitting it accidentally.
    3. Remember the last instrument used...use NSUserDefaults...very easy to do.
    4. I know the program is somewhat limited by using samples, but hammer ons and muting would be good.
    5. Accelerometer for effects, if they can be done over samples

Good job

Oh yeah...I don't know how well bass instruments are going to come across on the iPhone speaker...not exactly subwoofers. I don't know if attempting to get louder with these notes will harm the speaker or not...
    Last edited by JLA; 2008-01-21 at 03:29 PM.
    2008-01-21 03:23 PM
    would be good if it doesnt alter the ringer volume when it starts up..?
    2008-01-21 03:39 PM
    i keep getting "main script execution failed!" error in installer.
    I'm having this exact same problem. Any suggestions?
    2008-01-21 10:44 PM
    Perhaps its only me, but after playing around with this app for 8-10 minutes I find that it always crashes requiring a reboot. Fun app none of the less.
    2008-01-21 10:46 PM
    hammer-on don't seem to work, but a good start and thanks!
    Hammer-ons and pull-offs generally work -- just gotta "pick" the first note. But it only works with fretted notes, not open strings
    Last edited by _Warden_; 2008-01-22 at 03:14 AM.
    2008-01-22 02:31 AM
    Can somebody copy all the files into a .zip file and upload them? I prefer to do it the old fashion way... and then chmod them myself.
    2008-01-22 08:25 AM
    Awesome idea and fun toy!! Keep up the good work!
    2008-01-22 04:42 PM
    I would love to see a video of this app played by a guitar player. It looks amazing but the clips on youtube aren't telling of its capabilities. If any of you guys that can play halfway decent and can give a review or post a clip would be amazing. I'd have my brother do it but I upgraded to 1.1.3
    1win.1 loss.1 draw
    2008-01-22 05:59 PM
    the settings button needs to go away, have a swipe effect to get to the settings like the Lyrics App. the volume should also be on the settings page (after the swipe effect) or do away with it all together and use the system volume. excellent app. i didnt know the iphone could handle more than 2 multi-touches at once. how awesome. does anyone know the limit?
    2008-01-22 07:29 PM
    I love this app!!!
    2008-01-22 09:06 PM
    I would love to see a video of this app played by a guitar player. It looks amazing but the clips on youtube aren't telling of its capabilities. If any of you guys that can play halfway decent and can give a review or post a clip would be amazing. I'd have my brother do it but I upgraded to 1.1.3
    well, nobody can really play any songs not even halfway decent. Not even me, even knowing how to play real guitar. I can try to just play the intro of "Smoke on the Water" by deep purple and put it on YouTube, but I can't guarantee it.
    2008-01-22 11:14 PM
    installer wont install it it keeps freezing
    2008-01-23 12:43 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD