winterboard is a very nice application, but i still have a problem with the icon size.

at the moment i have installed exactly one application via app store. and this application icon is smaller than all the others.

can anybody explain me, how to correct this?

i some posts earlier i have read, that with winterboard you can play a movie in the background. where can i find the informations on how to do this...

thanks for your help!
    2008-08-17 11:59 PM
    The size of icons solely depends on the size the creator of the icon has made it, not WinterBoard, SMB or Customize.

As for the movie as background, download the theme "suprise" to your phone, SSH to the themes folder and download it to your computer.
    Then, use that theme as reference and/or a template to make your own.

Good luck
    2008-08-18 01:23 AM
    how would i go about changing the default.png with winterboard.i have some loading screens i want to use and can't get them to download off of customize.
    THANK OR DIE
    2008-08-18 02:04 AM
    winterboard is a very nice application, but i still have a problem with the icon size.

at the moment i have installed exactly one application via app store. and this application icon is smaller than all the others.

can anybody explain me, how to correct this?
    The size of icons solely depends on the size the creator of the icon has made it, not WinterBoard, SMB or Customize.
    the only thing that i can say about this is, that this is not right.
    i have checked the icon size from the one that is smaller than any other. and it has exact the same size. by the way, it is a default icon from the leaf pack and worked fine with 1.1.4. but now with 2.0.1 & winterboard there seams to be a problem with applications from app store.

(org file size: 67x70 ... file size on the iphone... i think it will be round about only 50x50)

this is the only difference i could locate so far.

can anybody help me?

As for the movie as background, download the theme "suprise" to your phone, SSH to the themes folder and download it to your computer.
    Then, use that theme as reference and/or a template to make your own.
    thank you!
    2008-08-18 10:06 AM
    Any one notice there iPhone slowing down after installing winterboard? Every thing seams a little slower and apps crash more often (i think they are running out of memory) When opening an app it launches but then seems to be a delay when its first loading information. This happens in all apps but appears to be worse in safari and settings app.
    i only have one theme running illuminous. I also have intelliscreen running (but did not see this problem until i installed winterboard)
    Last edited by peteo; 2008-08-18 at 05:26 PM.
    2008-08-18 05:20 PM
    update for winterboard is out...
    2008-08-19 06:09 PM
    The update removed my theme for some reason. If this happens uncheck your theme in Winterboard, and allow it to respring. Then go back and recheck your theme and allow it to respring and you should be fine.
    2008-08-19 06:12 PM
    Any one notice there iPhone slowing down after installing winterboard? Every thing seams a little slower and apps crash more often (i think they are running out of memory) When opening an app it launches but then seems to be a delay when its first loading information. This happens in all apps but appears to be worse in safari and settings app.
    i only have one theme running illuminous. I also have intelliscreen running (but did not see this problem until i installed winterboard)
    I had the same issue. however, i think the issue is the theme, not winterboard itself. I removed the themes that had changing backgrounds and reponse was dramatically improved. I use some of the addons now via winterboard, but avoid anything that has fading backgrounds or movies, ect.
    2008-08-19 07:01 PM
    I havent noticed any slow down or instability since installing Winterboard.
    2008-08-19 09:20 PM
    I updated and now I have no sounds for lock screen, keyboard, sms, calendar alert and so on!

Ringtones and the Ipod are still OK

Anyone having this problem ??
    2008-08-19 09:48 PM
    lucasps
    Reboot or hard restart the phone.
    That should take care of that.
    2008-08-19 09:55 PM
    whats the new update do?
    Bought the Iphone 3g on Friday jailbroke it on Monday!!!

Black IPhone 3g Jailbroken.
    2008-08-20 02:59 AM
    lucasps
    Reboot or hard restart the phone.
    That should take care of that.
    Yeah, thats it!

Thanks man
    2008-08-20 03:08 AM
    Ok so i found a much easier way to get rid of the black box and the over lay on your AppStore icons.

In your theme folder make a directory <Your theme>UIImages
    in that sub directory place two blank transparent images in the png format

AppIconOverlay.png
    AppIconShadow.png

they should be 59x60

Respring your phone and its all fixed.

Apparently you can change and image thats in the Other.artwork file just by placing it in the <Your theme>UIImages Directory you just need to have it named correctly here is a link to the name directory

http://test.saurik.com/winterboard/UIImages.txt

i must be doing something wrong cuz this isnt working for me...

i went into my theme folder and made a new foler called UIImages, then added the two transparent files.. not working any ideas??

nvm i figured it out. i hate it when its the simple steps i overlook..
    Last edited by SevenThirteen; 2008-08-26 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-26 06:26 AM
    UISounds...
    Yummmm.

Reako
    2008-08-26 06:55 AM
    can you use WinterBoard with Customize? like can they work together?...will it bump heads with each other and cause a problem?
    2008-08-28 07:49 AM
    I'm really liking winterboard
    2008-08-28 07:55 AM
    Here's the macish one. iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - Macish2.0White
    Download and look at this package. All themes need to be packaged like this one.
    Place the complete folder in Library/Themes
    Hi Broomhead, I just started reading this thread, and your post is pretty old, but still, let me ask you this: I downloaded the Macish2white theme (on my Mac, I am still running 1.1.4 pwned, although I have already made my custom FW 2.02) and I was surprised to see exactly the same folder structure of SummerBoard themes. Reading Saurik's post on WinterBoard, I thought there were some tiny differences between SummerBoard and WinterBoard folders.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3
    2008-08-28 03:54 PM
    Come to think of it, I think I'm having a similar issue. I did notice a general slow down in the phone's performance and increased crashing after applying a theme that changes that background depending on the time of day (I love the theme!). I don't know if it's winterboard, or just this theme, or neither and it's just 2.0.2 but the phone did seem to get a little slower on app opening and does crash apps more than ever, and I also thought it was some sort of memory issue. Maybe I should unapply the theme for a couple days and see if anything changes.
    2008-08-28 06:30 PM
    can you use WinterBoard with Customize? like can they work together?...will it bump heads with each other and cause a problem?
    WHY even use Customize? Not to be a smarta$$ but what does Customize do that you can't do with WinterBoard?

Hi Broomhead, I just started reading this thread, and your post is pretty old, but still, let me ask you this: I downloaded the Macish2white theme (on my Mac, I am still running 1.1.4 pwned, although I have already made my custom FW 2.02) and I was surprised to see exactly the same folder structure of SummerBoard themes. Reading Saurik's post on WinterBoard, I thought there were some tiny differences between SummerBoard and WinterBoard folders.
    SummerBoard themes are fully compatible with WinterBoard. As such a WinterBoard theme can have the exact same structure (Icons folder, Dock.png and Wallpaper.png). In addition, a WinterBoard theme can use a Bundles folder to allow "themeing" of the rest of the iPhone/iPod interface. It can also use a Wallpaper.html file instead of a .png file.

What some many not know about is when WinterBoard is loading themes the overall priority goes like this:

"/Library/Themes/themename.theme"
    "/Library/Themes/themename"
    "/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/themename"

So... if you have three themes named:
    CoolTheme.theme, CoolTheme (WinterBoard folder) and CoolTheme (SumemrBoard folder) the ONLY theme that will ever load is the CoolTheme.theme.

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-08-28 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-28 11:40 PM
267 ... 21011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD