Well changing the SMBPrefs.app permissions to 0777 didn't make Customize start working again. Well for now I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. I have my theme set at the NEONstandard which I think is pretty cool looking. But, I still want all my other skins. Hopefully there will be an update that fixes this. Or, maybe I'm still doing something wrong. Whatever.
    <br>
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-02-07 06:46 PM
    Ok, so here's something I have noticed now. I finally have gotten Customize to work for me. I uninstalled Summerboard.app and Customize.app then installed just Customize and set all permissions to 0777. After restarting it took a couple times of it crashing back to the springboard but it finally started working. I was excited but then I went into installer and installed Summerboard and now I'm back to where I started. Summerboard works fine but now Customize just crashes back to the springboard. Hmm, do I need to go into Summerboard.app and set all permissions to 0777? I'm gonna try that and see what happens.
    I in the same boat as you dirtybird I realized the same things you did about summerboard and Customize...as luck yet please let me know
    2008-02-07 06:46 PM
    All right! Skylar has uploaded a modded version of Customize on Installer. Refresh your sources and check "recent packages" I found it this morning and I'm happy to say that it is working for me with Summerboard also installed and working. Good Job Skylar. I've played around with it and everything seems to work except for the carrier logo. So everyone that missed their battery skins and such go get it now!
    <br>
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-02-08 04:50 PM
    I have also downloaded Skylar's modded version of 'Customize'. So far so good, all the featuers work great, can add packages/addons for customize right off of installer. Of course as mentioned, carrier images so far seem to be the only ones that don't work. Also, I thought I recall when changing system sounds that you would get a preview of the sound when selecting it in Customize? Can anyone confirm this?

Will be waiting for someone to fix the carrier icon issue.
    2008-02-11 05:31 AM
    How do you set permissons?
    2008-02-11 08:10 AM
    How do you set permissons?
    If you download Skylar's package of Customize via Installer, I believe it does all that for you automatically.
    2008-02-11 01:18 PM
    I downloaded Skylars Customize package....I cant seem to get the dock background to switch...is anyone else experiencing the same
    2008-02-11 11:41 PM
    I also got Skylar's and I can't manual reorder. I can get into and select the icons I want to hide but nothing ever happens............
    2008-02-12 02:22 AM
    All right! Skylar has uploaded a modded version of Customize on Installer. Refresh your sources and check "recent packages" I found it this morning and I'm happy to say that it is working for me with Summerboard also installed and working. Good Job Skylar. I've played around with it and everything seems to work except for the carrier logo. So everyone that missed their battery skins and such go get it now!
    <br>
    Dude how did you get screenshot to work?
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T
    2008-02-12 03:53 AM
    I can't seem to find the Skylar Customize under "Recent packages" or any package, period, for that matter. What is it called? Do I have to have a certain "source" for it?
    2008-02-12 07:21 AM
    Skylers source would help. I have customize and ir runs but it won't change anything.

lso, I thought I recall when changing system sounds that you would get a preview of the sound when selecting it in Customize? Can anyone confirm this?
    Yeah, i remember when i first downloaded customize it didn't preview sounds but it was added later.
    2008-02-12 10:01 PM
    What is Skylar's soure?
    Last edited by usedtobeanother; 2008-02-13 at 03:53 AM.
    2008-02-13 03:48 AM
    I have also downloaded Skylar's modded version of 'Customize'. So far so good, all the featuers work great, can add packages/addons for customize right off of installer. Of course as mentioned, carrier images so far seem to be the only ones that don't work. Also, I thought I recall when changing system sounds that you would get a preview of the sound when selecting it in Customize? Can anyone confirm this?

Will be waiting for someone to fix the carrier icon issue.
    Hi. The Dock Icons are also not working.

I miss my 5 Icon Dock.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

Tim
    2008-02-13 09:30 AM
    What is Skylar's soure?
    http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml
    2008-02-13 11:46 AM
    Does anyone know how to contact Skylar. I'm hoping that he will bring back the vibration change option. Everything else seems to work perfectly.
    2008-02-13 12:12 PM
    Has anyone figured out why the modded Customize works for some and not for others? All I really want is the 5 icon dock if anyone has any ideas on how else to do that?
    2008-02-13 06:25 PM
    Is there a fix for 'SpringBoard Strings' yet, 'coz i can't get it to work (and its my favorite part :P ), anyone?
    2008-02-13 06:34 PM
    Yeah, the springboard themes are my favorite thing [email protected] But noone's helping us i guess...

Come on guys...
    2008-02-13 09:51 PM
    So i installed Customize 1.21 mod and I can launch the APP but none of the modifications update once i respring. no 4 dock icon, battery icon, etc... i change certain options to my preference but it doesn't take. I checked Permissions and that looks good. I also reinstalled and same issue

Any suggestions
    jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone

thanks
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.
    2008-02-13 11:18 PM
    So i installed Customize 1.21 mod and I can launch the APP but none of the modifications update once i respring. no 4 dock icon, battery icon, etc... i change certain options to my preference but it doesn't take. I checked Permissions and that looks good. I also reinstalled and same issue

Any suggestions
    jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone

thanks
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.
    2008-02-13 11:18 PM
91 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD