User Tag List

Update: August 25, 2007
    iSwitcher Release

iSwitcher: Provides full-screen preview, side scrolling and one touch install of selected theme (on-the-fly theme swapping).

Okay - spent the last 5 days or so proving my ignorance of any sort of programming skills what so ever.

What did I end up with (damn I need a video of this, maybe tomorrow)...

Full-screen theme preview, side scrolling and when you select the preview it loads the theme... BUT and you knew there was a but...

It is a truly FUGLY hack with bits and pieces all over the place; theme files are stored in:
    /var/root/Media/Themes/<theme name.thm>
    Includes the usual app folders (MobileCal, MobileSMS, etc), just like a theme from digitalkid56
    The script to install each theme is an app in the /Applications folder, however I've named them to allow easy filtering;
    /Applications/thm.cgOEM.app
    /Applications/thm.cgGunMetal4.app

Each thm.<theme name>.app has a preview.png (used for preview), Default.png (used for the 1.5 seconds it takes to load the new theme), <script name> (used to copy / install the theme icons and relaunch SpringBoard) and an Info.plist (used to launch the script / application)

I also had to hide each theme app in DisplayOrder.plist

Elliot Kroo is working on a new Launcher that had exactly the type of side scrolling I needed, plus I can edit his code (unlike that 'other' Launcher app) In addition, I can filter the list of apps going into the launcher so anything with com. doesn't show (hence the thm. name which matches the appID). -> Link to mobilelauncher google code

Elliot is working a second release of the code that looks pretty awesome, so check it out.

-----
    Back to iSwitcher, I plan on releasing it once it has been refined and maybe even have some theme packs to install. It is not yet ready for release (christ I've got like 8 different version floating around on my MacBook) and once I clean-up and refine the process I'll ask for beta testers. I really, really didn't want to put the install script in as an application but I've spent so much time I needed to get something out this project.

Stay tuned.... and please post if you are interested in this app.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-08-26 at 06:32 AM.
    2007-08-20 06:48 AM
    I am definitely interested. You're rockin along. Lets see it in action... this is going to be a cool app.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-20 06:51 AM
    (raised hand) would appreciate this myself too.
    2007-08-20 07:11 AM
    I'll test it for ya LOL so ya if u need a beta test just pm me
    2007-08-20 06:45 PM
    I'd be happy to test also. I have to restore my phone so much it doesnt matter anyway
    Sent From My iPhone
    2007-08-20 11:00 PM
    thats awesome I would be willing to install and beta test for you just im me
    2007-08-21 10:40 PM
    Love to be a part of the graphics side to develop themes for it =) Maybe we can source some new stuff through there.
    Is it going to be "added app" friendly?
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing
    2007-08-22 05:34 AM
    Hang tight everyone, I'm working on a new installation script that will only install icons for the apps you have installed (and of course that are in the theme pack). I'm also redesigning the theme pack to be a zip archive. Scripting in unix is flippin' sweet! I really just have one stumbling block;
    calling a script from the c program or restarting Springboard app. I know that is can be done because the Installer app does it!

Edit: Oh and LoringStudios - abso-fraging-lutely! Once I've debugged my scripts I'll let you know what I'm thinking for the theme packs.
    2007-08-22 05:27 PM
    I think you should mention that in order for this program of yours to work the BSD system files need to be installed first. I had to guess this one out.
    Last edited by efface; 2007-08-27 at 02:30 AM.
    2007-08-27 02:28 AM
    I think you should mention that in order for this program of yours to work the BSD system files need to be installed first. I had to guess this one out.
    Thanks! you are absolutely correct! The scripting relies on the following commands:
    grep, kill, ps, sed, rm and ditto.

Sounds like I should add them to the bundle - thanks again!
    2007-08-27 03:48 AM
    Y use iswitcher when you can just add HIGHTYMES to the sources in installer.app theres about 20 themes he has you can install and unistall in a matter of sec. and everyday theres more added.
    2007-08-27 04:25 PM
    so i downloaded iswitcher threw ibrick/installer i run the prog it says it switches my theme but doesn't do the job any advise peeps thanx
    2007-08-27 06:39 PM
    Y use iswitcher when you can just add HIGHTYMES to the sources in installer.app theres about 20 themes he has you can install and unistall in a matter of sec. and everyday theres more added.
    Um because having a choice is a good thing The two do not perform exactly the same function.

so i downloaded iswitcher threw ibrick/installer i run the prog it says it switches my theme but doesn't do the job any advise peeps thanx
    Please download the 0.2 pxl package, it is more complete than the 0.1 version.
    2007-08-28 02:34 AM
    please continue iswitcher comments and questions in the release thread

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3223
    2007-08-28 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD