http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~eoinmcl/content/mahjong.html

Something I jimmied up on request.
    Pretty graphics, multiple boards support.
    That's about it really, very playable, good for those I-have-ten-minues-to-spare-whatever-shall-I-do moments. I'll add a few layouts, maybe an extra feature or two sometime in the near future, but it's prefectly good now.

This is the first application I made that I think other people would actually use -- what is the ettiquete regarding sources? Is it easy to get
    included in an existing source, or does one create a whole new source? I am confident my webhost can handle lots of traffic, but I feel bad adding to the already huge list of sources out there.
    2008-02-09 05:33 PM
    i going to check this out maybe a mod will host it on the mmi source
    2008-02-09 05:38 PM
    Ah, that was super-fast.
    Let me know if there are any issues -- I've only tried it out on two devices, and they had all the crud from dev. I don't expect anything to be broken, but just in case.
    2008-02-09 05:45 PM
    Uh-oh. Just after noticing that I made a mess of the package that was on the website, some of the tiles graphics were overwritten by themselves, making the puzzles much harder, and the 'Dragon' puzzle occasionally crash. I know a handful of people downloaded it from here, and if you did, please get it again, or you won't be happy.
    2008-02-09 06:44 PM
    I've been waiting for this! The only graphical usability issue that I have is that it is hard to distinguish the layers that the tiles are on.
    Last edited by likwidfuzion; 2008-02-09 at 07:39 PM.
    2008-02-09 07:36 PM
    I've been waiting for this! The only graphical usability issue that I have is that it is hard to distinguish the layers that the tiles are on.
    Yeah, I'll agree that it can be difficult to see the levels the tiles are on sometimes, and I had to make a compromise between the board being huge and the height being discernable. I do plan on adding a pinch-to-zoom type feature sometime soon, but the graphics seem to contibute
    the most to the visibility -- and yes, I am aware some of the tiles are a bitt difficult to differenciate, which well be fixed soon. Promise
    2008-02-09 08:24 PM
    Looking forward to this being mature enough to be on one of the sources
    2008-02-09 10:38 PM
    great app, one of my favs at the moment.
    I see you updated it tonight...
    the blue square which represented the selected tile worked out pretty well IMO, whats w/ the red slashes now? Seems more difficult to make it out now cuz it doesnt quite pop out of the tiles like the blue square.
    2008-03-05 03:56 AM
    I used to have a version of this on my Mac ages and ages ago! It's nice to get it back again.

Regarding the differentiation of layers, I wonder - how difficult would it be to add a bit of a drop shadow to each layer? Visually, that would look pretty and would also "pop" them out more...
    2008-03-08 05:41 PM
    I used to have a version of this on my Mac ages and ages ago! It's nice to get it back again.

Regarding the differentiation of layers, I wonder - how difficult would it be to add a bit of a drop shadow to each layer? Visually, that would look pretty and would also "pop" them out more...
    The newest version in Installer (v0.8) fixes quite a bit of usability issues.
    2008-03-08 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD