Hi...ive gotten vnsea to work over wifi using my local ip address (192.168.1.***) and ive been reading the forums and a bunch of people claim to have done this so using edge they can access thier computer from anywhere...basically im asking for a guide on how to do this...

im running 1.1.3 jailbroken using Ziphone
    vnsea 0.81
    mac leopard (i have access to a pc running xp)
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-02-21 05:17 PM
    Hi...ive gotten vnsea to work over wifi using my local ip address (192.168.1.***) and ive been reading the forums and a bunch of people claim to have done this so using edge they can access thier computer from anywhere...basically im asking for a guide on how to do this...

im running 1.1.3 jailbroken using Ziphone
    vnsea 0.81
    mac leopard (i have access to a pc running xp)
    it's pretty simple. first, setup a static IP for your computer that you want to access with VNC (do this in your router's configuration). Then, setup your router to forward the VNC ports to this static IP (this port # varies depending on what vnc server you are running). head over to http://www.dyndns.com/ and sign up for an account. you'll want to set up a dns to redirect to the IP address of your router, not the local machine. then, in vnsea, type in the dns that you assigned to the ip. you'll now get forward to the IP of your router, and your router will forward the port to the local machine, and now you're connected.
    2008-02-21 09:38 PM
    it's pretty simple. first, setup a static IP for your computer that you want to access with VNC (do this in your router's configuration). Then, setup your router to forward the VNC ports to this static IP (this port # varies depending on what vnc server you are running). head over to http://www.dyndns.com/ and sign up for an account. you'll want to set up a dns to redirect to the IP address of your router, not the local machine. then, in vnsea, type in the dns that you assigned to the ip. you'll now get forward to the IP of your router, and your router will forward the port to the local machine, and now you're connected.
    ok so i set up dns to foward my web-based ip address to a host name i.e. example.hostname.domain then i type in example.hostname.domain into VNsea...

if thats correct then i am stuck because it keeps saying "connection could not be made to example.hostname.domain port 5900" of course i didnt type in example.hostname.domain i typed in the one i made...

any ideas

2008-02-21 10:24 PM
    1. Go into your router's settings and forward port 5900 (or the port the VNC server uses) to the computer you want to VNC to.

2. Open VNSea and connect to X.X.X.X where X.X.X.X is your public IP address. If you don't know your public IP address, go here.
    2008-02-22 08:33 AM
    first of all thank u so much for helping me

1. Go into your router's settings and forward port 5900 (or the port the VNC server uses) to the computer you want to VNC to.
    but im sorry but im a bit of a noob but how might i go about doing that

2008-02-23 01:12 AM
    first of all thank u so much for helping me

but im sorry but im a bit of a noob but how might i go about doing that
    1. Go here: http://portforward.com/routers.htm
    2. Click on the link for your router's model #.
    3. Look for VNC then follow the instructions.
    2008-02-23 06:35 AM
    thanks im stilling having an issue... after doing what u just instructed me to do im now getting an error that says " the server has closed the connection"... any ideas

2008-02-25 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD