anyone experiencing receiving two sound text alerts when irealsms is set as default?
    2008-11-19 10:42 PM
    anyone experiencing receiving two sound text alerts when irealsms is set as default?
    Definitely am not expiriencing that problem..
    2008-11-20 01:20 AM
    i am i get one that has the option to close or reply and another one right after that with the options to reply close or ok. does anybody know how to fix this?
    2008-11-20 07:14 AM
    yup that's exactly what is happening to me... Do you have the option to make irealsms work with swirly on or off? I have it off... I wonder if it's that
    2008-11-20 07:26 AM
    I got that when I was using BiteSMS
    I don't get that anymore now that I'm using MySMS, so it's definitely something with iReal
    wwjd
    2008-11-20 07:53 AM
    i set the app compatibility mode to on and it went away, but now i'm worried that swirly won't work anymore...
    2008-11-20 04:38 PM
    mine still does it. i set the compatability mode on and it two alerts still goes on. any ideas?
    2008-12-01 08:36 AM
    Found in 2.0 Basic Settings...

App Compability Mode
    This deactives the 'new SMS received' hook. This can help making other apps work, that need their own hook. For example SwirlyMMS. Some functions of iRealSMS may be limited though. Respring to take effect.

I purchased 1.0 for $8 or so, and the upgrade was $2 to the newer version. I will never switch to another SMS app.
    2008-12-20 07:04 PM
    IDK if anyones had this problem but my quick reply stopped working and i can't make it work
    Apparently it's worse than that. I cant set is as my default SMS app, so when i press reply on a pop up or something nothing happens. I've tried turning it off and back on and rebooting but it still won't work...
    Last edited by Lace; 2008-12-20 at 08:40 PM.
    2008-12-20 08:08 PM
    Im using the 2.0.6.2 and now the number of new sms in the notification dot are inaccurate. It sometimes wont show I have new one until after I enter the app and exit out.. then all the sudden it will show I have a couple new sms.. and it wont go away until I reply or delete the coversation... anyone else experiencing this?

+1
    I too experience that iReal does not order the sms messages correctly. It is pretty annoying. If bite sms would have quick reply I would gladly switch over.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-12-21 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-21 07:07 AM
    I've emailed the DEV on this multiple times since this version has come out, with no replies...

I asked him to simply acknowledge that my emails are being received...nothing
    2008-12-21 05:07 PM
    IDK if anyones had this problem but my quick reply stopped working and i can't make it work
    Apparently it's worse than that. I cant set is as my default SMS app, so when i press reply on a pop up or something nothing happens. I've tried turning it off and back on and rebooting but it still won't work...
    Did you uninstall and reinstall the app?

Im using the 2.0.6.2 and now the number of new sms in the notification dot are inaccurate. It sometimes wont show I have new one until after I enter the app and exit out.. then all the sudden it will show I have a couple new sms.. and it wont go away until I reply or delete the coversation... anyone else experiencing this?

I too experience that iReal does not order the sms messages correctly. It is pretty annoying. If bite sms would have quick reply I would gladly switch over.
    For some reason it doesn't do well altogether with new SMS messages. Within the inbox, tap edit, and a "Mark all messages as read" option is at the top. I usually just do this. Yeah it's annoying, but it's tolerable.

I've emailed the DEV on this multiple times since this version has come out, with no replies...

I had sent a few messages when I was having some trouble and never got replies either. I fixed the problem on my own.
    2008-12-22 07:39 AM
    For some reason it doesn't do well altogether with new SMS messages. Within the inbox, tap edit, and a "Mark all messages as read" option is at the top. I usually just do this. Yeah it's annoying, but it's tolerable.
    So now I need to eat my own words on this part. My app crashes after I tap "Done" every single time.
    2008-12-26 07:15 AM
    I havnt had any issues with iReal, but reading on other sites Ive seen that people are having trouble when McCleaner and Intelliscreen are installed. I have no issues, but to be fair my crappy Swirly cant be taken into account because that damn program is so sporatic it's hard to say what thats doing day to day.
    2008-12-26 07:24 AM
    Anyone got Irealsms quick reply feature working when Iblacklist is installed?
    2008-12-26 11:16 AM
    or Mcleaner for that matter
    2008-12-26 07:36 PM

Same here, and same result.
    2008-12-26 09:30 PM
    Thats comforting...
    2008-12-27 03:03 PM
    One might wonder, doesn't the developer at least check some forums around?

I wish he had a support forum or something, or someone could lead him at least to this thread.

I believe it's a matter of bugfixing (i.e. fixing snippets of code), not actual rewriting that would take a heck of time.

Anyway, sorry for quoting you liveforit, but I'm still pissed off at the iRealSMS devs..
    2008-12-27 09:25 PM
    no apologies needed, i am in complete agreement. While I hate to speculate, makes me wonder he found a quick fix, and fufilled a temporary need that the community needed, and made some $$$ on it..

which is ok, but if that is the rigt ASSumption, you should stick around until all the bugs are ironed
    2008-12-27 11:00 PM
178 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD