Amrut Joshi says its as easy as doing the following to get it working:

You need to run SMSD using ssh or Term-vt100. Run following command on the commandline :

# /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

This will start SMSD on your iPhone. Go to More->Preferences and change the preference you want. Since this is executed with root permissions, these changes will stick.

You need to restart your phone if you change default app preference.

But that doesnt work for me.

anybody got any solution that works?

Thanks...
    2008-02-26 03:25 PM

You need to run SMSD using ssh or Term-vt100. Run following command on the commandline :

This will start SMSD on your iPhone. Go to More->Preferences and change the preference you want. Since this is executed with root permissions, these changes will stick.

Thanks...
    Install the General Applications fix for 1.1.3 and the Symolic Link Creator found under System or Tweaks 1.1.3 on installer, everything needed should be found in those two sections of installer as this is what worked for me.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)
    2008-02-26 04:07 PM
    Install the General Applications fix for 1.1.3 and the Symolic Link Creator found under System or Tweaks 1.1.3 on installer
    Which source? Those apps do not show up in my default Installer sources.
    2008-02-26 05:59 PM
    dont want to be rude but have you tried just typing /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD and leaving the # off? that worked for me
    2008-02-27 12:31 AM
    SiLeNtKiLLa : What source do i need to add to get those apps? I don't currently have them.

xeronex : I am using Term-vt100 and it has a # at the start of each line automatically.
    I have been unable to connect via SSH as my pc and phone are not on the same wifi network.
    2008-02-27 07:09 AM
    I am not sure why the # sign is part of the instructions?
    Just using /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD from Terminal DOES WORK!!!! I am on a ZiPhone JB and 1.1.3. It was a flawless change. It even moved my stock sms off the dock and moved SMSD into its place!!!
    2008-02-27 04:13 PM

Thanks...
    I faced the same problem too but manage to find a way to do it. It works for me, you can try.

SMSD Ver 0.23beta1 for Firmware 1.1.3

Goto http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/ for the files.

1) Create SMSD.app.zip from Download ZIP Files (SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip) and then copy to folder /Applications
    Note - This step to ease up process of copying and creating Folder one by one for Folder and Files inside Folder "SMSD.app".

2) From (SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip), Copy file "SMSDHelper" from Folder "MobileSMS.app" to /Applications/MobileSMS.app
    3) From (SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip), Copy file "com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist" from folder "Library/launchdaemons" to /Library/launchdaemons/

Use IBrickr to copy !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

***Install & repair password login for Term-vt100 for 1.1.3***

1) Install Term-vt100 from installer.app (System)
    2) Enter source (http://www.trejan.com/irepo)
    3) Install "Suib Lib Fix" from installer.app (Tweaks 1.1.3)

Note - This is to fix the login password problem for Term-vt100 in 1.1.3, if you face the problem of Incorrect password.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

***Execute SMSD for 1.1.3***

===== Deleted =====

***Execute SMSD for 1.1.3 (Revise Step)***

1) Launch Term-vt100.app and use login as "root" and password is "alpine".
    2) type # cd / , then Enter
    3) type # cd /Applications, then enter
    4) Unzip the filename "SMSD.app.zip" by typing # unzip SMSD.app.zip, then enter
    5) Restart IPhone !
    6) Launch Term-vt100, Login again, then type # cd /, then enter
    7) type # cd /Applications/SMSD.app, then enter (Now U r inside Folder SMSD.app)
    6) To change all files permission at /SMSD.app, type # chmod 755 * , then enter
    7) type # exec SMSD, then enter (It will show "command not found" and then [Process Completed].)
    8) Launch the SMSD from SpringBoard.

I hopes it works for whoever face the same problem. All the best !
    Last edited by alexlks8; 2008-02-28 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Revise Step
    2008-02-27 08:02 PM
    Where can I get Term-vt100? When trying from default Installer category System, it just says Package download failed. Been trying for a week now, but just doesn't work...
    2008-02-27 09:33 PM
    I got it to work but it does not save templates. How can I fix this?
    2008-02-28 05:48 AM
    Thanks alexlks8, but i got a bit confused there!

I dont use Terminal programs that often, so I'm battling a bit there.
    I understand in principal what you are trying to do, but I'm getting confused with all the multiple options you gave me.

I get a s far as step 5 and then when trying to type: # cd /SMSD.app it never finds the folder.

could you possibly just give me ONE way to do it that worked for you, and that way i dont get confused.

sorry for being so useless, but I'm trying!
    2008-02-28 07:51 AM
    Thanks alexlks8, but i got a bit confused there!

I dont use Terminal programs that often, so I'm battling a bit there.
    I understand in principal what you are trying to do, but I'm getting confused with all the multiple options you gave me.

I get a s far as step 5 and then when trying to type: # cd /SMSD.app it never finds the folder.

could you possibly just give me ONE way to do it that worked for you, and that way i dont get confused.

sorry for being so useless, but I'm trying!
    Sorry, I miss out small step, basically U need to restart ur iPhone after Unzip, after that SMSD.app will appear. See below step again.
    Note - I consider you Use Unzip method.

5) Restart IPhone !
    6) Launch Term-vt100, Login again, then type # cd /, then enter
    7) type # cd /Applications/SMSD.app, then enter (Now U r inside Folder SMSD.app)
    6) To change all files permission at /SMSD.app, type # chmod 755 * , then enter
    7) type # exec SMSD, then enter (It will show "command not found" and then [Process Completed].)
    8) Launch the SMSD from SpringBoard.

Hope this is clear.
    Last edited by alexlks8; 2008-02-28 at 03:00 PM.
    2008-02-28 02:52 PM
    Okay i did all that, and it looks like it worked, i got all the resposes you said.
    But it hasnt showed up on any of my homescreens.

How exactll do I:"Launch the SMSD from SpringBoard"?

sorry for being a pain...
    2008-02-28 03:59 PM
    Real cool application. Glad I ran into this topic accidentally.

Such a big improvement from the standard app.

Thanks.

Btw, for those who did not manage to install it properly, see this
    (windows vista / winscp404.exe)

(1) From installer, I installed the old version of SMSD
    (2) Downloaded the zip file of the updated version on desktop --->see post above for the link to the file
    (3) Opened / logged into winscp
    (4) Copied the files into the folders and changed permission to 0755
    4.a /Application/SMSD
    4.b /Library/LaunchDaemons
    (5) From winscp, click on "command - open terminal"
    (6) Type "/Application/SMSD.app/SMSD"
    (7) Once application opens in your iphone, click "more / preferences"
    (8) Turn "on" the SMSD Default App (I also turned "on" the SMSD notifier as well)
    (9) Re-boot iphone

That's it.
    Last edited by mambotango; 2008-02-29 at 06:47 PM.
    2008-02-29 06:44 PM
    Hi, I need help to install SMSD for 1.1.3 firmware. I installed WinSCP 4.06 into my computer running Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and when hooked up with my iphone, I just see my iphone directories. I could not access my hard drive where I extracted the SMSD zip file. What should I do to see my hard drive? Let me know and thanks in advance.
    2008-03-04 06:54 AM
    Thanks Mambotango for the guideline, it works for me very well...
    2008-03-05 05:04 PM
    its works for me in just a few days, now my SMSD crashes again...wetool is still working fine

better to use ISMS now. noisssue to 1.1.3
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-03-06 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!
    2008-03-06 12:26 AM
    everything works gr8 except it still crashes (like when i try to go to conversation section)
    Last edited by exo128; 2008-03-09 at 01:59 PM.
    2008-03-09 01:54 PM
    I got SMSD working using mambotango's help (make sure you type /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD (with the "s" on the end of Applications)). As for the crashing after a few days that someone mentioned earlier... I know that when I first got it working, mine would crash when I opened up conversations. I soon realized that it didn't like the amount of text I had total. After I deleted some, it worked fine. Hope this helps some of you.
    2008-03-14 07:39 AM
    how do i download SMSD v0.2.3 beta on my iphone?

how do i download SMSD v0.2.3 beta on my iphone?
    Last edited by wikedwitz; 2008-03-21 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-21 04:49 AM
    [QUOTE=alexlks8;209131]I faced the same problem too but manage to find a way to do it. It works for me, you can try.

SMSD Ver 0.23beta1 for Firmware 1.1.3

Goto http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/ for the files.

1) Create SMSD.app.zip from Download ZIP Files (SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip) and then copy to folder /Applications
    Note - This step to ease up process of copying and creating Folder one by one for Folder and Files inside Folder "SMSD.app".

2) From (SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip), Copy file "SMSDHelper" from Folder "MobileSMS.app" to /Applications/MobileSMS.app
    3) From (SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip), Copy file "com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist" from folder "Library/launchdaemons" to /Library/launchdaemons/

Use IBrickr to copy !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

***Install & repair password login for Term-vt100 for 1.1.3***

1) Install Term-vt100 from installer.app (System)
    2) Enter source (http://www.trejan.com/irepo)
    3) Install "Suib Lib Fix" from installer.app (Tweaks 1.1.3)

Note - This is to fix the login password problem for Term-vt100 in 1.1.3, if you face the problem of Incorrect password.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

***Execute SMSD for 1.1.3***

===== Deleted =====

How do you download the SMS.app.zip file to the iPhone handset?

Thanks.
    2008-03-24 04:11 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD