mine was working on my 3g fw 2.1 but recently stopped. Now when I try to launch I just get sent back to the spring board after seeing the splash screen. It's the free version. Was working as of a few days ago though so perhaps it's a conflict with a recently installed item.
    2008-10-03 06:22 PM
    If you installed the ad-blocking hosts file it may cause snapture to crash if you're using the free version (or are going through the free version to activate your premium version) since it uses admob. If it does, open up the hosts file and remove the admob line. I could be wrong tho..
    2008-10-03 06:55 PM
    +1, i installed it after I up'd to 2.1, no go, crashes after splash screen.

I'd gladly purchase the app if it starts working
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-10-04 09:15 AM
    It is sooo worth paying for.. once it works. It reminds me of apple's tactics with software/ operating systems ie. sell the beta and work the kinks out from the feedback.
    2008-10-04 09:19 AM
    I just happened to try Snapture for the first time since I've upgraded to 2.1FW, and I have the same problem, it crashes back to springboard after 3-4seconds...

I hope they can fix this...
    2008-10-04 11:00 PM
    It works fine on my 3G iphone 2.1 f/w.
    2008-10-04 11:08 PM
    yp works fine.
    2008-10-05 11:59 PM
    I dont halve adbloc neither do i have quickgold installed...but snapture 2.1 ( free / premium/ cracked/) still doenst work

dont we have another app similar to snapture??

AppReq:-- Can some1 make an app similar to snapture.. but with a few more added features like ... panorama / more color modes/ etc
    2008-10-15 01:06 PM
    it crashes cuz of quickgold...i i think i'm gonna take that off
    2008-11-05 02:59 PM
    Snapture would be well worth the $8 if it actually worked. It seemed promising, and so I dutifully paid my $8. That was the day before I upgraded to 2.1 (oops!).
    Eventually they came out with this version that supposedly works on 2.1, but it crashes back to the springboard if it's the first app you run after waking up the phone, or if you have it running for more than a couple minutes or take a couple of pictures. It also takes two to three times longer than any other app to startup (staring at the black screen with the logo). This is the fully paid version, no ad-blocking, and no quickgold.

I installed quickgold the other day for the first time ever, and Snapture didn't crash any more or any less than it did before. I've also run it after adding ad-blocking, also to no effect (although it is the paid version, so that should be irrelevant anyway. it might be a different story for the free version.)

I'm very close to just dumping it and going back to the built-in camera app, even with all it's limitations. I don't think I'll ever pay for an app again without testing it in full first, lesson learned, but if someone were to make a free alternative that actually worked reliably on my phone I would probably contribute donations toward it's development.
    2008-11-06 03:05 AM
    It might also just be another app that is causing your Snapture to crash. I'm on 3G v2.1, with 166 appstore apps, and 109 other apps installed. I run iBlacklist, MivTones, Winterboard, SBSettings, StatusNotifier, ToneFX, swirlyMMS (and some others I might have left out) and a paid version of Snapture, and I don't have any problems with Snapture quitting on me.
    2008-11-06 02:02 PM
    I have a licensed snapture and it works but every so often the screen pauses. Very annoying when you want to capture something on the spot. I've checked their FAQ about this issue. They said it maybe the cause of backgrounder app. I don't have backgrounder and I use free memory prior to launching snapture.

I will stick to the stock camera for now.

BTW. Anyone know how I can update my signature? I forgot how I got mine before.
    2009-02-13 08:41 AM
    Not worth the $8 if it doesnt work.
    Didnt work for me and customer service couldnt help.
    Standard one works fine as does darkroom.
    My signiture? Whats that...............
    2009-02-13 10:55 AM
    It seems to me this app is a memory hog. I had about 23MB of free memory available prior to launching the app, and after taking about 4 to 6 photos, I receive a low system memory warning, then it crashes. I don't know if that is the problem with everyone's app crashing, but that seems to be my issue. This is with the latest update installed as well. Also with anyone having registration issues, you will need to run Boss pref, and select the Fix User Dir Permissions in order for your registration to be properly activated. At least that worked for me
    2009-02-16 04:30 PM
    I use iEasyCamera...has the image stablizitation option and allows you to touch anywhere on the screen to take a pic. Also it lets you record the lat and longitude of where you were at and the time you took the pic. Only thing I don't like is that when viewing the pic in the native Photos app it shows the icon prior to opening the pic.
    2009-02-16 05:51 PM
    tried all the methods including directly copyin the .app folder...also tried the deb way but STILL it doesnt work

I noticed something today morning...i came across this post somewhr which said snapture doesnt allow folders inside 100APPLE folder....another 1 said snapture crashes if thr is a .thm file in the 100APPLE folder without the .jpg & vice verso.. So just to make sure i emptied my entire 100APPLE folder and tried to run snapture... this time it crashed immediately compared to the 4 -5 secs delay earlier. Everytime i tried to start the app it froze alomost instantly on startup and crashed back to the springboard.
    Then i loaded my pics back to the 100APPLE folder and now snapture took abt 4 -5 secs before freezin & crashing. This made me feel it could be something to do with missing sequential filenames...so i sat n renamed all my pics in order starting from 001-0280(in my case) ...loaded them back to the 100APPLE folder hoping it would solve the problem...but still no luck

WHAT COULD THE FRIGGIN PROB BE??????
    2009-03-27 02:03 PM
    tried all the methods including directly copyin the .app folder...also tried the deb way but STILL it doesnt work

I noticed something today morning...i came across this post somewhr which said snapture doesnt allow folders inside 100APPLE folder....another 1 said snapture crashes if thr is a .thm file in the 100APPLE folder without the .jpg & vice verso.. So just to make sure i emptied my entire 100APPLE folder and tried to run snapture... this time it crashed immediately compared to the 4 -5 secs delay earlier. Everytime i tried to start the app it froze alomost instantly on startup and crashed back to the springboard.
    Then i loaded my pics back to the 100APPLE folder and now snapture took abt 4 -5 secs before freezin & crashing. This made me feel it could be something to do with missing sequential filenames...so i sat n renamed all my pics in order starting from 001-0280(in my case) ...loaded them back to the 100APPLE folder hoping it would solve the problem...but still no luck

WHAT COULD THE FRIGGIN PROB BE??????
    I dont know man. I just bought the full version late last week and I have not experienced any problems at all. If you find the solution, please post, I would like to know as well in case the same thing happens to me.
    2009-03-27 05:04 PM
    It might also just be another app that is causing your Snapture to crash. I'm on 3G v2.1, with 166 appstore apps, and 109 other apps installed. I run iBlacklist, MivTones, Winterboard, SBSettings, StatusNotifier, ToneFX, swirlyMMS (and some others I might have left out) and a paid version of Snapture, and I don't have any problems with Snapture quitting on me.
    damn bro! pirate much?
    2009-03-27 06:06 PM
    damn bro! pirate much?
    Yeah!! Who needs 275+ apps on their phone?
    2009-03-27 06:13 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD