i recently upgraded to 2.0.2 & then to 2.1. Since then cydia is acting a little strangely. For eg. recently i wanted 2 install snapture 2.1 but cydia kept installing 2.0. Also mobilefinder has just been released but i cannot install that bcos cydia keeps givinga message that "i need to install more sources" .
    I have tried everything frm quickpwng my phone again to deleting all the repos & re-installing them. But nothing is working out.
    Note: while loading/refreshing the home page i get some "errors: sub-process gzip" something.
    Pls help guys.
    2008-09-27 05:07 PM
    Are you using the adblocking host file? That caused me to have some problems with Cydia. I had to remove that host file and then delete and readd a source.
    2008-09-27 07:21 PM
    i AM also Facing the Same Problem ,
    2008-09-28 03:23 AM
    Are you using the adblocking host file? That caused me to have some problems with Cydia. I had to remove that host file and then delete and readd a source.
    no i m not. actually the weird thing is the problem is only with certain apps. like snapture (bigboss repo) and some here and there. initially finder too was not downloading but yest i got an upgrade msg for cydia. After upgrading i was able to install finder but still snapture shows a previous version!!!
    2008-09-28 08:53 AM
    this solved my problem thanks!!
    2009-01-26 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD