does summerboard have an icon or a settings menu, i put it on my friends phone and didnt notice any
    Hit Thanks!
    2007-09-06 01:35 AM
    does summerboard have an icon or a settings menu, i put it on my friends phone and didnt notice any
    Nope, it just runs in the background.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.
    2007-09-06 01:38 AM
    I have Breezy, and i just installed the dock on my phone, Now i am trying to install Summer Board, it says its installed, but after i restart my phone, it doesnt work(scroll), is there something i need to do other than just install it. And how do i change the picture and stuff like that. sorry, but im a newbie.
    2007-09-06 01:46 AM
    I have Breezy, and i just installed the dock on my phone, Now i am trying to install Summer Board, it says its installed, but after i restart my phone, it doesnt work(scroll), is there something i need to do other than just install it. And how do i change the picture and stuff like that. sorry, but im a newbie.
    I had no success running SBoard and Dock so now I just run Sboard.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.
    2007-09-06 01:55 AM

You could try uninstalling via Breezy.

http://pxl.ibrickr.com/
    I tried two different ways to uninstall: Installer and iBrickr. Same result, after uninstall the screen stuck at apple logo. So now I have to have summerboard in order to use the phone. Any idea?
    2007-09-06 02:15 AM
    Yeah 1.62 does dim the background as my dockbar no longer matches the background.

2007-09-06 03:32 AM
    The dimming coming back has really t'd me off. please give us some preferences. Can't we get something in "Settings" to change Summerboard options? please?
    2007-09-06 04:16 AM
    Well thanks all! If I didn't feel like a geezer before, y'all just stomped my head so flat in this thread, I can just hold the iPhone to my skull, and it'll show clear (and dim) on the flipside!

When it comes to modding Macs, I can do my share.
    (my G4 Pismo can rip/burn anything with my modded Samsung Multi-Burner!)

With the iPhone, I'm completely clueless, not even at the "green apple" stage. I'm still in the seed pod!...

Could someone create a by-the-numbers-step-by-step-handhold tutorial on all this? Is there already one out there?

I did try the "iPhoneinstaller.app" before the Apple 1.0.1 update, but my iPhone would freeze up a lot. I decided to wait till some bugs were killed, and now it seems lightyears different! (though my damn iPhone still freezes after several restores and 1.0.2 stock firmware.) I dunno.

Tangents- Sorry! Anyway, I ain't ready for the "fast lane"! Help!?!

BTW- trying to login to "app.modmyi.com" keeps telling my my password doesn't match. (?) It works here!?
    2007-09-06 04:29 AM
    We do have some good guides in our Wiki section but they come out with so many new apps and updates that it is hard for us as a site to keep up with guides. If you installed installer before than you know how to get that on there correct? All you have to do is the same thing as before when u first put installer on there. The new version doesnt have any bugs. Once it is on, that is where everyone is geting all these new apps, they show up on installer. Get installer back on then we'll go form there
    2007-09-06 05:10 AM
    Problem,

The bottom row for me is black. Everyone else's on here has a transparent background behind it. For me, the main icon section has the transparent background,

but the bottom row of icons (ipod, phone, mail, web), has a black background.

Any way to fix this?
    2007-09-06 05:58 AM
    We do have some good guides in our Wiki section but they come out with so many new apps and updates that it is hard for us as a site to keep up with guides.
    Thanks for that, I'll start again with "installer", soon as I find the latest version...

Yea, yer right, things change daily, and the tutorials made a couple weeks ago are history now! "Jailbreak"? Hah! According to the latest (hours ago?) "ifuntastic 3.0.3" does it easier, and now works with PPC!!!
    Finally, I'll get somewhere on my dual G5 1.8 box!

If only time and life didn't get in the way, we could all be ubergeeks!
    But then...we wouldn't have a life...
    2007-09-06 06:19 AM
    Problem,

The bottom row for me is black. Everyone else's on here has a transparent background behind it. For me, the main icon section has the transparent background,

but the bottom row of icons (ipod, phone, mail, web), has a black background.

Any way to fix this?
    Do you mean you have placed your own SBDockBG2.png file into the springboard.app location and it still shows black?
    2007-09-06 07:18 AM
    When I tap any icon I have on the 4th row it does nothing I have to move it up little to get it to work. Any body else having this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Summerboard-foo_0.png  
    2007-09-06 05:41 PM
    is your touchscreen borken? thats where mine was.. had to go to apple and get a new one.... had it for amonth and a half
    2007-09-06 06:27 PM
    No its not broken but if you scroll the 4th row up a1/4 inch or so it works fine.
    2007-09-06 06:35 PM
    I love how people say they're pissed off by things that change in programs. I'm not a programmer, so anything you guys do, good job! I salute you for your efforts. Yes, I have my suggestions, but if you don't change them, it's your program, and I'll either live with it or uninstall it.

I have yet to see anyone charge for their program (most request a donation) that runs on the iPhone. These coders and programmers are working hard for free and they're releasing their hard work, only to get scrutinized for it. If you have a suggestion, my suggestion, is to request it, not demand it.
    -DoocesWild
    2007-09-06 07:11 PM
    Does anyone know of a way to remove the text from undernieth the programs?

Thanks..

Marc
    2007-09-06 07:30 PM
    I have a suggestion for this app if the developer reads these threads, or if someone knows him/her. Make the icons "snap" to the location of the originals when scrolling. That way icons won't show half on screen/half off screen.

On a side note, can you remove the dimmer again please?
    2007-09-06 08:30 PM
    i installed summerboard and when the phone resets it shows a black screen with no icons. this happened whent i did the update. it worked before.

help
    Last edited by tootwo222; 2007-09-07 at 03:39 AM.
    2007-09-07 12:53 AM
    i do use it, i mean 3x4 on the main springboard, and then scrolling down to show all the 3rd party apps.
    I really hope we can do this soon.
    Probably through rsbt.
    2007-09-07 01:26 AM
430 ... 21011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD