Yeah I did, and if you did you could see that there is no work around, as of yet, for everything that I would like.

I asked for a simple request not bashing anyone or any app.
    Sorry, not trying to bash you but your statement sounded a little ungrateful. Reverting back to prior versions of software has been talked about many times, thats why I asked.

Never said that 2.0 is the end all, but like previously posted it does what you need.

I like Summerboard. However, I also like the ability to change docks ON THE FLY without having to WinSCP into my computer or make themes for summerboard to do it. I also have large fingers, so "just use the minidock for 5 icons" really isn't an option for me. Therefore, even though I like what they did with 2.0, I (like a LOT of other people) have to go back to 1.91. It breaks Dockswap. I can live with that. However, it also breaks rSBT's 5 icons on the dock with fullsize dock feature. I can't live with that. I'll put 2.X of Summerboard on, as I'm sure the developers will fix the problem with that release. No need to bash folks just because they don't agree with you. And yes, I don't have many posts on here. That doesn't mean anything as far as I am concerned.
    Just wondering why you can't live without 5 icons on the dock?
    Last edited by sogo; 2007-09-14 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-14 06:42 PM
    Well, I had to revert back to 1.9 because of the 5 icons. My theme is based around 5 icons and it looks a ton better then 4 icons imo. I am sure 2.1 will fix this, and when that happens I will re-download I just need the 5 icons for the time being.

Your being a little harsh on that guy that wanted to go back to 1.9...
    2007-09-14 07:42 PM
    First - Summerboard and these open-source apps in general are fantastic! I've had my iPhone since day one, and apps like Summerboard have opened up a new world since I installed them a few days ago.

I got a little spoiled by rSBT's 5-icon dock that played nice with Summerboard 1.9x and would love to see that look again with Summerboard 2.x. Maybe offer the same 5-large icon view, or allow rSBT to optionally control the dock?

Any chance we'll see a 'fix' for this in a future Summerboard 2.x release?

Thanks to all the developers - this is fun stuff! I swear I think I've 'sold' about 4 iPhones in the last week just showing off things like Term-vt100 with ssh, scp, rsync, Stumbler, SendSong, and naturally the combination of Summerboard, Dockswap and rSBT. If I could get 80 columns in the terminal, I'd be in heaven.

- Jason
    2007-09-14 07:57 PM
    Sorry, not trying to bash you but your statement sounded a little ungrateful. Reverting back to prior versions of software has been talked about many times, thats why I asked.

Never said that 2.0 is the end all, but like previously posted it does what you need.

Just wondering why you can't live without 5 icons on the dock?
    Because once you get used to 5 icons on the dock, you really can't live without it.
    2007-09-14 08:18 PM
    It's not the responsibility of the developer of Summerboard to keep other apps working. He/they are trying to make thier app the best it can possibly be. It is the responsibility of other devs to make sure thier apps work with it, if indeed they care if anyone using thier apps also use Summerboard.

Thanks to the dev/devs of Summerboard for a great app.
    2007-09-14 09:13 PM
    kainisable and sogo,

Since both of you seem to have such big brains in thinking that 2.0 is so much better than 1.9.1 then tell me this: How can I have a 5 icon dock with the background of my choice and a springboard that skips the 4th icon row using Springboard 2.0, rSBT 0.3.3 and Dockswap?

I'm not ******** about anything. The apps are great, but 2.0 produced a compatibility issue with the aforementioned apps.

Grow up.
    if you want 1.9.1 so bad look here

http://justfuckinggoogleit.com
    Last edited by kainisable; 2007-09-15 at 01:30 AM.
    2007-09-15 01:26 AM
    no but really guys come on, ******** like little kids.

I agree some things are better with 2.0 and some things in 1.91

but lets all play nice, there is nothign wrong with using 1.91 until said issues that u use are worked in,

which i'm sure it'll happen, i mean wasn't it like last week we were on sb1.5?

i happen to like having 5 dock icons but am sticking with 2.0 b/c i like its other features.
    2007-09-15 01:40 AM
    I think its unfortunate that Summerboard didn't implement its own Dock background by copying it over the standard Springboard background file and then using that. That way it would have remained compatible with DockSwap. I don't think it is as easy for DockSwap to work with Summerboard. (Create a DockSwap Summerboard theme folder, then let you set Summerboard themes in DockSwap and just set SMBPrefs to use the DockSwap theme...)

They couldn't have done that with the main background and allowed a separate bg from the lock screen, but if you set Wallpaper to settings, doesn't that make iSwitcher work?

I do wish when you scroll up it didn't show icons beneath the top status bar, and that it stopped with the icons evenly placed instead of half way up. It lets it scroll just a little too high.

I forgot to mention, use iBrickr/Breezy and http://pxl.ibrickr.com to get old versions.

Or install the Safari PXL Plug-in and download on the iPhone from the same site.

In 2.0 if you turn "Hide dock labels" on the 4th row skip doesn't work. Turn hide dock labels off and skip last row on, that will fix the 4th row thing. (if you dont want the text you can manually edit it out)

On my iPhone that still shows four rows, it hides the fifth row. Not what 1.91 did at all.

If you turn the Dock off, you can hide the fourth row, but then your icons are out of order and you have to move them around, and no Dock either.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-09-15 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-15 03:06 AM
    no but really guys come on, ******** like little kids.

I agree some things are better with 2.0 and some things in 1.91

but lets all play nice, there is nothign wrong with using 1.91 until said issues that u use are worked in,

which i'm sure it'll happen, i mean wasn't it like last week we were on sb1.5?

i happen to like having 5 dock icons but am sticking with 2.0 b/c i like its other features.
    Which goes back to my original statement stating that it is retarded to complain about something that is for free and is updating a couple times a weeks, usually fixing any issues and moving on to the next.
    2007-09-15 03:24 AM
    Which goes back to my original statement stating that it is retarded to complain about something that is for free and is updating a couple times a weeks, usually fixing any issues and moving on to the next.
    my thoughts exactly. i must have missed your post. its a long thread
    2007-09-15 03:36 AM
    summerboard 2.1 adds even more features,

Now we can have are 5 icon docks!!!! Again
    2007-09-16 02:40 AM
    anyone else having periodic problems with Summerboard 2.11? My issue generally occurs after a mail alert comes through, after the unlock screen the home screen will be completely black....only remedy is to reboot. I'm running 1.0.2 firmware and iTunes 7.4.0.28
    2007-10-01 03:27 AM
    Yeah, I'm having periodic problems also.
    2007-10-01 05:42 AM
    Yea, I have very periodic blank homescreen problems... I usually just lock the screen and unlock it again and everything is fine.. never had to reboot it.

We are definetly OVERDUE for a SummerBoard update
    2007-10-01 05:48 AM
    why so long without an update? Hopefully this means that there will be a lot of features added this time around.
    2007-10-01 04:11 PM
    updates will roll out when they are available.... why rush/complain for these apps when we dont do the same for our Operating Systems?? I'm sure these people are doing this in their spare time, and I'm sure they have lives too... were not paying, so we need not to rush\complain... things will come when they come.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)
    2007-10-02 04:49 AM
    Can anyone confirm this, and maybe offer a fix?

After installing Summerboard, my home screen icons slide up from the bottom instead of zooming in and out like they do with a stock iPhone. I much prefer the zoom. Any way to get it back?

Any help much appreciated!
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
    2007-10-05 01:11 AM

After installing Summerboard, my home screen icons slide up from the bottom instead of zooming in and out like they do with a stock iPhone. I much prefer the zoom. Any way to get it back?

restore
    2007-10-05 06:43 AM
    shirley you jest. seriously, are the icons supposed to slide up or zoom?
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
    2007-10-05 07:13 AM

I've heard some absurd things on this but this takes the cake. Wow some people are never happy

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!
    2007-10-05 07:17 AM
430 ... 91718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD