User Tag List

i can't wait. I need to make the most out of my sirius subscription.
    2009-01-05 09:46 PM
    The latest update with Usurius and Starplayr is PHENOMINAL... Stand by folks.. This app rocks!

-Tell us more, sounds like you're using it yourself?

-When is the beta open to the public?

-Can you post some links to screen shots, or a youtube video preview
    2009-01-05 09:50 PM
    I am using it and love it. I dont have any idea on a public beta.. You can see screen shots here though..

http://starplayr.com/
    2009-01-06 12:33 AM
    I am a Beta User too and it totally rocks,
    This one will be a great APP when its on the APPSTORE for sure!
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2009-01-06 01:31 AM
    Ill buy it no matter where its available. Appstore, Jailbreak.. whatever.
    2009-01-06 01:44 AM
    I don't see how the merger would affect app store approval or not. As a subscriber to both Sirius and XM, since the merger, many of the stations are the same, just broadcast on different channel numbers. Seems like they combined the best of both networks. At this point it makes little difference if you get Sirius or XM. One can even get Sirius only stations like Howard Stern on XM now as an add on. I believe the same goes for XM only programming.

Why we have both? We had been Sirius fans mostly because my husband is a huge Howard Stern fan. We have listened to Howard since the 80's. I pretty much stopped listening to his show when the kids were born but myother half listens on his commute. We bought a Suburban 2 years ago to tow our race trailer and it came with XM. Since I totally was spoiled for "regular radio" we subscribed to the XM as well. I found some XM music channels were more to my liking and some Sirius music channels were better. I was very happy to see that the merger seems to have kept the best of both.
    The merger really has nothing to do with the approval, I was just saying you would only need conscent from one company now that they merged. My dad has been a Howard Stern fan since he came to Philadelphia a loooonnnnng time ago, and I am a pretty big fan myself now. I used this app all the time on my phone back in the 1.1.x days and really hope it comes to 2.x soon!
    2009-01-07 03:02 AM
    That's right. You're not far from Philly either. I am originally from NYC and remember Howard from his NBC days. We listened to his first show on YSP back in '86 I think it was. Had the old clock radio set to wake up to his show.
    I just set up Orb and USirius and streaming works very well on the iPhone. Haven't tried it away from the house yet nut will tomorrow.
    2009-01-07 03:43 AM
    StarPlayer Pre-Release Look...............

Don't Call It Internet Radio- Starplayer, A Pre-release Look | whatsoniphone.com

More info on uSirius StarPlayr:
    http://forums.nicemac.com/index.php?...24&board=132.0

VIDEO:
    http://chris.pirillo.com/2009/01/05/...r-iphone-ipod/
    Last edited by JazJon; 2009-01-12 at 08:10 PM.
    2009-01-12 06:52 PM
    So it seems that Sirius MAY start charging $2.99 a month for online streaming to MEMBERS? That sucks. I know they are strapped for cash, but I forked over $500 bucks to be a lifetime member and now they want more $?

Rick Aristotle Munarriz writes for The Motley Fool, "Online streaming has been a free perk to paying Sirius XM subscribers, but that is likely to change. Several reports indicate that the company plans to begin charging an additional $2.99 a month for the service -- as it upgrades the audio quality -- in March. Having a home in Apple's storefront is huge, but will consumers pay up?" (Source: Stockmarket Sundays)

I won't .. slacker here I come..
    Last edited by NArush; 2009-02-03 at 07:11 PM. Reason: correction
    2009-02-03 07:10 PM
    I have to agree that I don't like the idea of them charging for something that used to be provided free. I'm not sure I want to take them up on their offer to "lock in" my current price and keep using the online service for free by subscribing for 3 years. I think having Slacker and Pandora on my phone already makes their service obsolete although since my XM receiver died I've been looking forward to this app. I'm torn.
    2009-02-04 01:54 AM
    Though I'm not thrilled by the change, I stll would gong it worth every bit of three bucks a month. The NFL channel and Howard are worth it to me. I use the online sub alot. BTW, the newest beta is awesome. The app just keeps getting better.
    2009-02-04 02:06 PM
31 12