User Tag List

Looking good ! (hopefully for uXM too)

uSirius and uXM - iPhone Update | Millard Software

uSirius and uXM - iPhone Update
    jsm174
    Well it's been quite a while since the last uSirius update. The last few months have been extremely busy catching up on side work and starting a new job. The past two weeks I have been slowly getting back into uSirius and uXM for the iPhone!

If you are beta testing the 2.x version, you know when audio is playing the iPhone becomes extremely sluggish. Simply adjusting the volume or unlocking the phone causes skipping audio and choppy screen refreshes.

This has bothered me for a long time. The 1.1.4 version did not do that, and I never changed that part of the code for 2.x! Could 2.x really be that much slower?

So after a very productive evening that somehow turned into a 3 am night, I was finally able to compile and link a version of uSirius that is extremely fast -- thank you LLVM!

Now that things are looking up, uSirius is back in active development. I am looking to release Beta 3 by the end of the November.

Finally, I just wanted to thank everyone who has been patient and supportive! Twitter updates to follow...

I also found you can Stream Sirius radio through Orb / OrbLive
    Orb Community View topic - Sirius setup on Iphone? Step by step instructions?
    (I didnt try it yet though, but looks good!)
    Last edited by JazJon; 2008-11-26 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-11-26 07:56 PM
    wish I could get on the beta testing if anyone knows how let me know please! i miss uxm
    2008-11-28 03:10 AM
    im pretty sure if you donate to them they will give you the beta to test
    2008-11-29 12:24 AM
    Good point about donation. I emailer the developersand asked about beta testing and haven't heard back yet. I'd gladly donate to the cause as I have to other devs. I'll donate and ask again
    2008-11-29 05:35 AM
    any emails back to you about donating to try out the new app?
    2008-11-29 10:43 PM
    any emails back to you about donating to try out the new app?
    No, but I just made a donation today.
    2008-11-30 02:48 AM
    made a donation and emailed the developer ......later on got an email from paypal saying my money will be refunded and the email included a message from the developer saying he does not accept donations to be a beta tester.....oh well i tried
    2008-11-30 02:50 PM
    He deserves a donation either way...
    2008-11-30 03:40 PM
    If you're that hard up for Sirius, install Orb and uSirius on a PC somewhere and the Orb iPhone client on the phone. Works great. It's not the same as a full featured Sirius app but it's 100% better than the alternative of nothing.
    2008-11-30 06:16 PM
    I agree, awesome app. I'll donate as well.
    2008-11-30 06:37 PM
    FYI: uSirius's dev has said that the beta program is at it's limit and will not be accepting any new testers. From the dev's Twitter account:

"I can't accept anymore beta testers. Apple only allows 100 iPhones and I'm pretty much maxed out..."
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2008-11-30 07:57 PM
    i didnt ask for my money back...i dont mind donating to a program that i would use in my daily life....they just refunded it.
    2008-11-30 10:50 PM
    i didnt ask for my money back...i dont mind donating to a program that i would use in my daily life....they just refunded it.
    I think you were pretty clear about that - I wouldn't worry about being misunderstood.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2008-12-01 12:53 AM
    FYI: uSirius's dev has said that the beta program is at it's limit and will not be accepting any new testers. From the dev's Twitter account:

"I can't accept anymore beta testers. Apple only allows 100 iPhones and I'm pretty much maxed out..."

Bummer, but I too don't mind contributing to the cause. I have often donated to devs to help with an app I wanted to see.
    2008-12-01 01:16 AM
    I thought it would be for jailbroken phones, looks like he's going for an official appstore release?
    2008-12-03 07:10 PM
    App store release would be awesome. Let's get this thing going.
    2008-12-16 03:01 PM
    Unless he he gets some kind of approval from Sirius (since the companies merged), I dont know how this would stay in the App Store...
    2008-12-17 05:31 AM
    Unless he he gets some kind of approval from Sirius (since the companies merged), I dont know how this would stay in the App Store...

I don't see how the merger would affect app store approval or not. As a subscriber to both Sirius and XM, since the merger, many of the stations are the same, just broadcast on different channel numbers. Seems like they combined the best of both networks. At this point it makes little difference if you get Sirius or XM. One can even get Sirius only stations like Howard Stern on XM now as an add on. I believe the same goes for XM only programming.

Why we have both? We had been Sirius fans mostly because my husband is a huge Howard Stern fan. We have listened to Howard since the 80's. I pretty much stopped listening to his show when the kids were born but myother half listens on his commute. We bought a Suburban 2 years ago to tow our race trailer and it came with XM. Since I totally was spoiled for "regular radio" we subscribed to the XM as well. I found some XM music channels were more to my liking and some Sirius music channels were better. I was very happy to see that the merger seems to have kept the best of both.
    2008-12-17 01:41 PM
    If you're that hard up for Sirius, install Orb and uSirius on a PC somewhere and the Orb iPhone client on the phone. Works great. It's not the same as a full featured Sirius app but it's 100% better than the alternative of nothing.
    Orb cost money.. I use Tversity with Usirius on my home PC and it works GREAT! (for free)
    However, i would much rather have a simple client installed on my iPhone. It would be much cleaner and less admin overhead.
    I have donated and am jsut patiently waiting.
    2008-12-17 02:02 PM
    The latest update with Usurius and Starplayr is PHENOMINAL... Stand by folks.. This app rocks!
    2009-01-05 10:41 PM
31 12