User Tag List

iTalk-iPhone.com provide the native VOIP client (iTalk) for the iPhone and second generation iPod Touchwith firmware version 2.1 or above. You can download it via cydia or buy it from iTalk-iPhone.com is a leading company to provide VOIP Client for iPhone

With 3G Data plan or WiFi Network enabled on your iPhone or iPod Touch, iTalk turns your iPhone or iTouch into a pocket VOIP phone, so you can make cheap or even free phone calls (local or long distance) over the internet, as big advance of it, you are free to choose the VOIP service provider by yourself, instead of banding to a specific one.

KEY FEATURES:

SIP Protocol
    High Quality of Voice
    WiFi and 3G support
    GSM, ALAW/ULAW(G711 a/u)
    Multiple Accounts
    Proxy Server support per Account
    OutBound Proxy
    Stun Server setting
    DTMF Support
    Speak phone
    And more ...
    2008-12-27 09:01 AM
    does it support Bluetooth headset?
    Last edited by redwolf; 2008-12-27 at 03:12 PM.
    ModMy
    2008-12-27 03:08 PM
    No bluetooth support at this moment.
    2008-12-28 01:21 AM
    Can't find this in Cydia ?
    2008-12-28 02:06 AM
    It should be in cydia pretty soon.

For now, you can add this url into your cydia source:

http://www.italk-iphone.com/download

Then you can install iTalk from this source.
    2008-12-28 02:11 AM
    How does this app work on a Touch when it doesn't have a built-in microphone?
    2008-12-28 05:45 AM
    If you have 2nd generation iPod touch, you can use the headset (with MIC) with this app.
    So you can talk through MIC on the headset.
    2008-12-28 05:50 AM
    Here is an example of those earphones that come with mic:

Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)
    2008-12-28 07:25 AM
    another silly question with regard to the 2G touch... How would you get this app into it?As far as I know, theres no jailbreak for it yet!?
    2008-12-28 09:21 AM
    lol That is a really good question TheOnlyest.

How do you get it on a 2nd Gen iTouch?
    2008-12-28 09:38 AM
    iTalk has been tested to work with iPod touch 2G via Ad Hoc installation .
    Yes, we need to wait the jailbreak method for iPod touch 2G.
    2008-12-28 10:07 AM
    This looks promising. Unfortunatly I know nothing about SIP or what service to choose. I think I saw a video on this a while back. How would I set it up to make free calls on wifi?
    2008-12-29 04:36 AM
    You can goto iTalk-iPhone Online Help, VOIP Client for iPhone to read the FAQ which has detailed info about how to setup SIP account.

You can also read posts in our forum VOIP Forum of iTalk-iPhone.com for more information.
    2008-12-29 05:11 AM
    K thanks! I can't seem to find a free one for wifi calls though. I used fringe for a while and I was terrible. Huge lag. All I am looking to so is hook this up with wifi. I work out of my house and would be awsome to do this.
    2008-12-29 06:21 AM
    Have you tried voipcheap?

They offer free minutes for calls made to some countries. Not unlimited free calls though.
    2008-12-29 08:17 AM
    This looks promising. Unfortunatly I know nothing about SIP or what service to choose. I think I saw a video on this a while back. How would I set it up to make free calls on wifi?
    not sure about free, but i use Pennytel(Welcome to PennyTel) i found them to be the cheapest. plus they have their own app in the appstore. and you can also send SMS too. also it has a callback option when you are out of WiFi/3G signal.
    Last edited by redwolf; 2008-12-29 at 02:48 PM.
    ModMy
    2008-12-29 02:46 PM
    These are all good finds. But am I wrong by thinking that there should or is a way to make "free" wifi calls? Plane and simple wifi calls when at home or on wifi. All sites I find are like 300 free minutes or something.
    2008-12-29 05:00 PM
    In general, service providers only offer 'free unlimited calls over wifi (i.e. internet)' for calls within their network. Another word, it's likely to be free if you call someone that uses the same service provider.

On the other hand, even if it costs you, it could be a lot cheaper than how much your landline carrier charges you. Especially in the case of long distance calls.
    2008-12-29 05:19 PM
    I don't have a lan line. Only phone. Guess I am looking for something that isn't out there.
    2008-12-29 06:37 PM
    Happy new year!
    iTalk beta release. Here is our beta version, currently it does not available on cydia.

Please add this url as your source in cydia. And the download iTalk from there.
    (You need to delete the current iTalk version.)

http://www.italk-iphone.com/download/beta

Please note: you need to delete this source before you want to download official release from cydia. The official 1.01 is scheduled to release around a week later.

You have to delete/remove the app and this source to download official after it is released.

Let me know if there is any problem.

The main updates:
    (1) added auth_user, some sip provider requires a different auth_user
    (2) Fix problem of registration error to some sip server (like freephonie.net)
    (3) some bug fixes
    Last edited by italk; 2009-01-05 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-05 11:46 AM
30 12