PuzzleManiak is a port of the marvelous Simon Tatham’s Portable Puzzle Collection on iPhone.

For now, 3 games have been integrated in this 1st version: Bridges, LightUp and Net.

It was only tested on an ipod touch v1.1.1 but it should work on all jailbroken iPhone…

The 3 games are fully playable but high scores are not saved. This should be done in next version (if any).

All the 27 games should be integrated at the end of the project, but as it is a big amount of work, give me positive feedbacks and give me times, and it should be done…

Any feedbacks would be really appreciated.

Official website: http://www.PuzzleManiak.com

To install it, download the zip file, then extract it to your /Applications/ folder. Restart your iPod touch/iPhone, and enjoy!
    2008-03-04 03:34 PM
    nice work man.Just tried it on 1.1.4 and works great!
    2008-03-04 04:29 PM
    maybe you could ask poetic_folly to add it to installer?
    It looks like excellent work so I am sure he won't mind.
    2008-03-04 04:52 PM
    Pretty awesome. You should port the rest of the games! One problem I had is with the icons at the bottom of the game: New/Undo/Again/.. they are pretty tough to select.

Keep up the good work!
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    2008-03-04 06:20 PM
    Great games, but I cant for the life of me figure out "bridges".
    2008-03-05 05:22 PM
    Great games, but I cant for the life of me figure out "bridges".
    100% agree, i love these new games but i have no idea how to play bridges
    2008-03-05 05:48 PM
    Thanks to poeticfolly, the game is now available on Installer and on Cydia.

Concerning Bridges, it's pretty easy to understand how to play it.

1st, read the rules: http://www.puzzlemaniak.com/blog/?p=15
    Then, push "solve" and you'll get the solution.

Finally, play alone!

;-)
    2008-03-07 09:45 AM
    My friend plays these games ALL the time.

Here is one more reason the iPhone rocks =D
    2008-03-07 10:35 AM
    hanks to poeticfolly, the game is now available on Installer and on Cydia.

Concerning Bridges, it's pretty easy to understand how to play it.

1st, read the rules: http://www.puzzlemaniak.com/blog/?p=15
    Then, push "solve" and you'll get the solution.

Finally, play alone!
    thanks. I did look there, but what I finally figured out was that I had been initially confused by the concept of bridges 'terminating" at an island. I assumed that meant ending there, not starting there as well. Direction has nothing to do with it, just the number of lines connected to that island.

Great game!
    2008-03-07 05:11 PM
    these are great. thanks!
    2008-03-07 05:21 PM
    up for the version 0.2...

Should be available within 24 hours on Installer / Cydia.

Already available on the official website : http://www.puzzlemaniak.com/blog/

Enjoy!

And, please, give me feedbacks!!!
    2008-03-11 09:29 PM
    I'll install it when I get home, but I just wanted to say that "Loopy", or "Slitherlink" as it is usually known, is one of my favourite games. Highly addictive, and I recommend trying it out (there's also flash versions on the web). I have it on my DS (in Japanese, but that doesn't matter for a puzzle game!) and that version is the pinnacle of portable puzzling IMHO, with Picross running in second.

Looking forward to playing a version on the iPhone!

Edit: oh, stuff it, I downloaded it now and manually put it on. The Loopy graphics are a bit plain compared to the DS ones (with its curvy lines and subtle but useful psychadelic rainbow "active" snake indicator), but it works pretty great. I did seem to crash out once I completed the puzzle after I put my name in, and it didn't show up in high scores when I checked afterwards. For feature requests, is it possible to make it that clicking on a line alternates between line/cross/nothing rather than having to constantly switch tools? And maybe change the colour of the number when it is "happy" (I see it already goes red when it goes over). I'm just being greedy now though.

But thankyou! It works well with the touchscreen, even on the larger puzzles.
    Last edited by cazlar; 2008-03-12 at 12:55 AM.
    2008-03-12 12:19 AM
    when i try to open it, it goes back to the springboard after 5 seconds on the main screen.
    2008-03-12 05:39 AM
    Version 0.3 available soon on Installer/cydia
    and already available on direct download : http://www.puzzlemaniak.com/blog/

Should solve crash problems.

For players who will upgrade, if you want to keep your scores, you MUST save the file PuzzleManiak.app before upgrading and copy it to the folder “/private/var/mobile/”.

22 games are now integrated,
    and online scores are available.

Enjoy!
    2008-03-16 11:34 PM
    Hi,

I just got my OTB 1.1.2 iphone (where I was playing PuzzleManiak during my free times)upgraded to 1.1.4 and now I can not get PuzzleManiak to work. After I launch it after a few seconds it goes back to the springboard. I uninstalled it, restarted my iphone and reinstalled it and it still will not launch. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    2008-05-09 05:46 AM
    hi!
    I'm sorry, I didn't understand how do I install Puzzlemaniak on my ipod touch! I have already the zip file on my computer but how do I put in in the ipod?
    Thanks!
    2008-09-08 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD